GDT: Preseason Game 5. Kraken @ Oilers beer leaguer. Streaming on Oilers+ at 7 pm

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So looks like Lavoie was claimed and not every team has a couple players like him. And from a well run org too, obviously they saw more in him than anyone should see in Corey Perry.

Ridiculous. We lost a good asset for nothing thanks to stupid decisions, AGAIN.

I hope you won’t be eating the same crow you’re trying to force feed me if Lavoie gets put on waivers by Vegas later this year. But you just have to be a Class A prick about it.

@McDoused and @Oilhawks and I had the same conversation but in a respectful way where we disagreed and today had some fun as I accepted their victory lap. We can be right and wrong without being a jerk about it.

I can accept being wrong. You on the other hand feel the need to drag up a 2 week old post from a dead game thread so you can gloat. Congratulations asshole.

Hot tip. Don’t be such a :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Well many of you guys (not sure you specifically) said "Every team has a couple Lavoie's! He won't get claimed" now that has been proven wrong, next we get to wait and see if he proves to be more valuable than Perry this year because there is no doubt that even as an AHL guy he has more value longterm because Perry is older than dirt.

You can say that he isnt quality enough to make the roster, but it doesn't make it true. How many good players have we lost for little to nothing? I'm gonna guess that history has repeated and we will regret this like those other moves and that Lavoie should have made the team. Time will tell, but when you have an org that just lost its two best prospects and hasn't won it all with 2 top 5 players, I'm not gonna assume every move they make is the correct one.

Vegas does already have several players of Lavoie's quality. Brisson and Denisenko come to mind immediately. He's either just another pile of shit that they're throwing against the wall to see which one sticks, or a placeholder on the NHL roster until someone that needs more seasoning pushes him out or becomes waiver eligible (Brisson).

This is getting treated as some sort of master stroke. They're filling out space on a shit forward roster.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
I hope you won’t be eating the same crow you’re trying to force feed me if Lavoie gets put on waivers by Vegas later this year.

But you just have to be a Class A prick about it. @McDoused and @Oilhawks and I had the same conversation but in a respectful way and today had some fun as I accepted their victory lap.

You on the other hand feel the need to always just be a :eek::eek::eek::eek:.
I don't recall saying Lavoie was a sure thing, just that he would get claimed as he has potential and a unique skillset. Looks like I was correct, regardless of whether he makes it as an NHLer or not. But if it makes you feel better, I did think it was going to be someone like the Habs who claimed him, not Vegas. But it doesn't really matter as the result is the same, we are down a 6'4, goalscorer who looked to be ready for minutes in the bigs.

I'd rather be a prick and correct than a deadass wrong muppet.

• Haha
Reactions: TB12

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Vegas does already have several players of Lavoie's quality. Brisson and Denisenko come to mind immediately. He's either just another pile of shit that they're throwing against the wall to see which one sticks, or a placeholder on the NHL roster until someone that needs more seasoning pushes him out or becomes waiver eligible (Brisson).

This is getting treated as some sort of master stroke. They're filling out space on a shit forward roster.
It doesn't matter if they have players of his quality (I prefer Lavoie over either of those guys btw), that wasn't the argument. The point was you don't waive him when the person keeping him off the roster is the corpse of Corey Perry, you just lost your two best young roster players, and you're the oldest team in the league. And I said he would be claimed, and lo and behold he was.

I haven't said it's some master stroke. I stated absolute facts, a well run org decided to take Lavoie from us, when we have little for NHL ready forward prospects, and the player who kept him off the roster was useless when we needed him most. That is inarguable.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'd rather be a prick and correct than a deadass wrong muppet.

Funny how others around here can be decent guys and be right without resorting to being a full time prick who is incapable of having a civilized conversation.

C u n t confirmed.

Reactions: K1984

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It doesn't matter if they have players of his quality (I prefer Lavoie over either of those guys btw), that wasn't the argument. The point was you don't waive him when the person keeping him off the roster is the corpse of Corey Perry, you just lost your two best young roster players, and you're the oldest team in the league. And I said he would be claimed, and lo and behold he was.

I haven't said it's some master stroke. I stated absolute facts, a well run org decided to take Lavoie from us, when we have little for NHL ready forward prospects, and the player who kept him off the roster was useless when we needed him most. That is inarguable.

Laughable, but anyways....

I think Corey Perry has a better chance of helping the team this season than Rafael Lavoie does. Scored a few goals early in pre-season and being 24 isn't that seductive to me. Know who scored as much as him in pre-season? The "corpse" of Corey Perry. I'm glad you feel happy with yourself that you predicted he would be claimed. At the end of the day we can just claim him when he inevitably hits the waiver wire again.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad