GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They’re primed for a skid to start the year with a new coach and how shitty they look (granted Buffalo also has a new one but they look like a competent hockey team) and the travel of going overseas

Reactions: billingtons ghost

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
i just want to see us score more. Preseason is meaningless yea yea but just pot some goals and gain some confidence and momentum jesus. makes you wonder why other teams aren't really struggling so much to score.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
don’t even care about scoring. i’d like to see them dictate the play, and they haven’t done that at all.

yeah its preseason and it doesn’t mean anything but it sucks watching the islanders and capitals rub their nuts all over our faces

Obviously since it’s preseason the results don’t matter but the vibes are somewhat similar to the start of last years regular season where there was a blind eye turned to the very obvious and real problems the team had because “it’s early in the season”. If this play continues into the start of the season the goal posts will be shifted by some rather than just acknowledging the faults

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
After 2 periods Allen has allowed 5 goals on 12 shots for a .583%.

The game isn't over and he may face 10 or 12 more shots and give up no more goals, but I thought it would be fun to go through our game logs from last year to see how many nights we topped or should I say bottomed .583%.

Vitek's lowest was a .600% on November 10th against Washington, where he allowed 2 goals on 5 shots in just 10:37 of play. His next worst was a .778% against the Islanders on November 28th in 33:05 of play. He hit at least .800% every other game.

Schmid had a .625% and 3 goals on 8 shots in 20 minutes of play on October 25th against Washington. He also had a .667% with 2 goals on 6 shots in 5:24 of play on December 21st against Edmonton. And a .706% game with 5 goals on 17 shots in 56:16 against San Jose on December 1st. Every other game was an .833% or better.

Daws had a lot of sub .800% games so I won't name them all, but his worst was 4 goals on 13 shots in 32:57 on March 3rd against LA. I think that was Ruff's last game.

Kahkonen had two different .800% games for us last year. He had an .664% game for the Sharks with 6 goals on 19 shots in 28:47 of play, as well as two other sub .800% games in San Jose.

Allen had a .556% for Montreal last year with 4 goals on 9 shots. He had two sub-.800% games for us though, both in April.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Time to watch the Mets.

Been a Mets fan since the early 80's and have seen this movie a dozen times. They will choke it all away. I'd rather not watch. Brewers have nothing to play for at all and they will drop two of three and be put out of their misery in Atlanta.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The goaltending was actually good at the end of the season last year, which may have single handedly saved the goalie coach.

It was everything else that was in the toilet to end last season.
Dude, you know my take is that the goaltending was seldom as bad as the rest of the team was last season, and even in the seasons before our one good season when the whole defense came together enough so that Severson was actually third pair defenseman.

I don't think the goaltenders have been bad this year either. Just one or two bad goals amid breakaways and breakdowns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad