GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
One thing here.

It might be nothing but the fact that Newhook is playing tonight and Josh Anderson is not, could mean they are planning to try him beside Laine-Dach, and look, Roy and armia are back together with an open spot at center for Newhook.

Or the spot between Roy and Armia is really open for Kapanen?

Honestly tho, considering Demidov is here next year, i am not sure if Newhook is here to stay. He will sure brings a lot of speed in the bottom six and brings a lot of versatility but the competition is fierce. Roy, Newhook, Kapanen, Beck, Tuch, Florian Xhekaj, Hage, Heineman. Decision will have to be made. And that is not counting if we go for a UFA like Sam Bennett. Top 6 is already congestionated.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
1727374101460.gif

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I don’t see why they can’t mix in vets. This is only game 3. Instead, they’ll probably get embarrassed. The only way it could be worse is if they played the Canadian college kid in net again. Sheesh!

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
We need to be grateful for Pacioretty. He gave us some good seasons. Also Part of one of the best long running trades in our history (rivet -> max pac -> suzuki). Gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: HabsMD97

MangoX

Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
Or the spot between Roy and Armia is really open for Kapanen?

Honestly tho, considering Demidov is here next year, i am not sure if Newhook is here to stay. He will sure brings a lot of speed in the bottom six and brings a lot of versatility but the competition is fierce. Roy, Newhook, Kapanen, Beck, Tuch, Florian Xhekaj, Hage, Heineman. Decision will have to be made. And that is not counting if we go for a UFA like Sam Bennett. Top 6 is already congestionated.

Although it's been only 2 preseason games so far, Laine and Dach are looking better even though them both have missed considerable time. I feel like Newhook has been behind the play. But give the guy a chance, it's a new line and they're all going to need many more games together to find that chemistry. I do hope they do, will mean a lot for the team. If not, I hope we keep Kapanen a few games after the preseason, and I'd think maybe try Kapanen w/ Dach/Laine for a few games just to see how that goes.

Reactions: Jaynki

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I don’t see why they can’t mix in vets. This is only game 3. Instead, they’ll probably get embarrassed. The only way it could be worse is if they played the Canadian college kid in net again. Sheesh!
A lot of teams don't bring their most valuable vets on the road during the 1st few preseason games. Similar to how New Jersey left all of their key vets at home. When Toronto visits Montreal on Saturday the lineups will most likely be reversed.

Reactions: behemolari

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Here's our first true preseason lineup IMO (in a good way).

Centres: Kapanen/Beck/Dvo - who's going to stand out more against a strong Leafs lineup?

The left wings: All of them have a shot at making the team. Roy has the inside track (IMO) but Heineman looked good last game, ABB has some NHL experience, and Tuch would bring a bottom-six element we're lacking.

Right wings - Pezz/Armia are lower on the totem pole this year. Put a little pressure on them. Newhook rounds it out as the vet in this lineup who's sticking.

D: Really interesting. Same as the left wingers, all guys pushing for spots. Even Xhekaj's not entirely solidified after his AHL stint last year (though he did play a lot better after).

The definition of a 'show me what you got' lineup. I like it.

Reactions: KFlint

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Im not even mad , Im actually glad patches feels this way. Why would he love something that dosent love him back , i get it.
I don't rate that kind of statement...he knew exactly what he was doing.

I get it, he's on a new team and trying to get fans to warm up but he could do that without subtly taking a shot at the organization he was a Captain of.

He's on a PTO after all, he could get humbled quick...this man is talking greasy like he signed a 8 year deal.

Don't nobody give a damn about what jersey your kids think is nice lol!

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Engstrom playing on the right side against NHL calibre opponents with someone like Arber is what I'd hoped to see. With his skating, I think it's got real potential.

Reactions: overlords

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Shutout streak is ending.

Probably a loss.

Can't have nice things.

On a different boat.

Some dude's bumper flew off as I was coming home today and almost hit my car. It wouldn't have happened if bro just let me pass instead of getting upset that I caught up to him. Once his bumper flew off he got back into the right lane and simmered down.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm going to this game tonight. I'll be booing Patioready and waiting for some Lane Hutson magic. I'll be watching this D core very closely, Barron especially.
Barron is probably two Mailloux like Gaffes away from getting booted off the island. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad