GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
After tonight, 3 preseason games are left. And the final two are much closer to the actual roster. So after tonight and Saturday, a bunch of guys will be cut.

My guess is after tonight, at least Kidney, Engstrom, and Tuch will be cut to join the Laval group. I think guys like Heineman, Kapanen, and Beck will remain and given more chances to be evaluated. And although Reinbacher will surely start in Laval, I think he'll likely get at least another game.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Best they can do is give you Lane.
IMG_2298.jpeg

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I’m actually pretty happy to see all the youth against mature opposition, it’s going to be fun, especially if we destroy the leafs, who knows! :) Few years ago, the young lineup would have been an instant skip for me…

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hutson and Barron have the potential to provide some umm, interesting defending tonight lol

I'm expecting more Hutson magic tonight with the puck. Even with that lineup.

• Haha
Reactions: rickthegoon

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There's only one guy that matters and he's playing , Every game this year is going to be a Lane Hutson show and i'm here for it.

Maybe Caufield Suzuki Slaf and Matheson can learn a thing or two about a powerplay from the press box!! An outside view of things helps sometimes!
LOL
Maybe to you but we have a hell of a lot more than just one player who matters.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Not sure how we will score a goal, but could happen. Obviously really interested in Kapanen and Beck at forward, but also Heineman and Tuch. The D is very interesting with so many rookies in there. Man we are going to get lit up tonight with our kids facing an NHL line up. This is more of a seeing how individuals do v the team.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
I mean, this lineup in the very vein of the post game comments Tuesday. There were so many penalties, they couldn't evaluate properly.

So not only give the kids an extra look, but also see who they can hang out with. We will get pounded by the Leafs (almost) full PP and, for sure, they will wanna address penalties tonight. Evaluate who's on the play and who's late.

There are so many little stories, you can tell they gave missions to some guys.

- Can Barron and Hutson actually defend on last change or are they a liability (away game)?
- Primeau most likely punched his ticket...
- Can Dvo provide offense, keep his job? And moreover, it looks like they put up all the centermen that could, maybe, earn a role. The fourth line is less laval-bound than the third one... Giving a shot to Gignac for fourth line duties.
- Kapanen getting the real NHL look. But Beck is tailing...
- Newhook probably asked for more reps. Eager to contribute.
- They clearly like Tuch too.

And so much more.

Win or lose, it's going to be veryyy interesting imo. :)

edit: MSL just mentioned he wants to see "qui peut suivre la parade". They definitely engineered this challenge

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Kind of a waste of a preseason game, we have actual NHL players who have been injured and need to de-rust, no offense to whoever this Kidney guy is but he can de-rust in the AHL

and full offense to Dvorak just go please

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad