GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Agreed, Reinbacher is still a teenager and those of us who saw him in his 11 game AHL stint last spring saw a very promising young player. It's simple...he isn't ready, Mailloux might not be either. That's ok
Right? Those two dots you pointed out - he's a teenager, and he's not ready - aren't exactly on opposite sides of the map, but somehow people still manage to miss the connection.

Reactions: Toene

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not jumping anything. See my last post. I'm sending him down in Laval...and I'M forgetting about him. See him next preseason hopefully to see progression. The only thing I'm saying is that it's not a typical top 5 pick. And based on Hughes comment, was mostly picked on needs. That's all I'm saying.
As opposed to who though? People keep bringing up Michkov, it’s been clear that it was never an option from either an attitude standpoint or him simply wanting to pick a big US city.

Leonard? So a complimentary forward like Tkachuk. That’s nice, but again, who could see that type of progression for him?

I mean Mailloux was an absolute garbage defender in London. A year later he’s an AHL all-star and a year after that we are saying he could be an NHLer. Barron is like 30 years old and finally breaking out. These kids take time. I’m not worried. Laval was always the plan.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Yeah I’m sure you scouted and watched Pietrangelo’s NHL preseason games at age 19yo 15 years ago :help::help:
I watched Pietrangelo plenty in Barrie and at the world juniors at the same age you goof.

He also followed that up by dropping 43 points in the NHL his rookie season. If Reinbacher ever drops 43 points in a season I'll be very surprised. I hope he surprises me, but I don't see it happening.

Reactions: Habs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Right? Those two dots you pointed out - he's a teenager, and he's not ready - aren't exactly on opposite sides of the map, but somehow people still manage to miss the connection.
We are watching management put together a group of really good young players and maybe we should just enjoy the ride especially during meaningless pre season games. Most of these kids shouldn't be on the ice with an actual NHL team who does not want to lose their 3rd straight pre season game

Reactions: CharleyHorse

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I watched Pietrangelo plenty in Barrie and at the world juniors at the same age you goof.

He also followed that up by dropping 43 points in the NHL his rookie season. If Reinbacher ever drops 43 points in a season I'll be very surprised. I hope he surprises me, but I don't see it happening.
There you go, in the OHL and world juniors you goof. Not against an elite NHL team. If you’re gonna insult me, at least show a bit of logic with your comparisons

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Nobody says to not be relax , but he isn't showing anything special. He has no elite tools. Elite aspects dont grow in ur mid 20s
He's a 19 year old skating right up there with some of the best men in the world it's not like he's getting burnt out there on every shift on the contrary, hes engaging physically, he's not gonna be the first dman to have an egregiously bad shift against NHL competition lmao

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

So your comparing playing against OHLer and playing against Toronto best forward ? Good evaluation!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad