GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Am I the only who thought Hutson made a lot of mistakes in his own zone.
The problem is that both Barron and Xhekaj made as many mistakes as Hutson. What's their excuse?

The problem is that the game against the Leafs was as instructive as the Canadiens first two exhibition games. Until its best on best , these 'warm up' games provide limited, if not distortive, insight as to the potential of the participating players and their respective teams. So I wouldn't get my shorts into a knot over the results. Everyone will have 82 games to assess and worry.

But hey, its Montreal, and, as I have said: it's never too early too panic.

Last edited:

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Shuffling forward lines on what was largely an AHL line-up that was playing against a strong NHL team would have been akin to shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic: essentially futile.
As previously mentioned, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Many experiments have led to fantastic results, alas we will never know the outcome seeing nothing was put into action.

As for the Titanic, a series of unusual phenomena's occurred that led to her catastrophic end. Modern analysis has theorized that if different measures were executed, it may have lessened the calamity.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
I agree, Farrell has looked more impressive than some of his more heralded teammates. It’s Farrell increased skating ability. Last year, he looked passive and a step behind the play. This training camp, Farrell looks faster and there is a snap to his game. Farrell will play in NHL, maybe not for the Canadiens, but for some other team that lacks the depth that Hughes has accumulated.
Yes, he has but no one seems to be mentioning him. It goes without saying that there has been very limited TOI to observe him in action, as that applies to all the others as well. He did have the quickness to his game but was lacking the speed to his skating which he absolutely needed, glad to see he has improved that aspect. He does look feistier and manages to hit and be effective, a la Paul Byron, he is also a smart player that knows how the game is played. It's a numbers game but would like to see him get a fair chance if and when he gets it to see if he could seize the opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad