GDT: Preseason game #2 Habs vs Devils 7PM ET RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
The wins are good to start the year off with positivity and a good feeling in the room, but other than that and seeing how the prospect look, they don't mean much more. The Ottawa games on the other hand, I have a feeling those are going to be spicy
October 5th game will probably have the same intensity as a regular season game

Reactions: FLHabs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Mailloux is the only player to play both games. Montreal obviously wanted to give him a long look.

He's not going to start in Montreal. I'd keep everyone from last night's team except Mailloux.

Simoneau
Mesar
Farrell
F. Xhekaj
Mailloux
Trudeau
Hayes (D)

Should all be cut.

Beck, Heineman, Davidson, Kapanen, Tuch, Roy, Condotta & ABB upfront. Reinbacher, Engstrom, Hutson and all 4 goalies should continue with the camp (obviously players on NHL contracts, too).

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Mailloux is the only player to play both games. Montreal obviously wanted to give him a long look.

He's not going to start in Montreal. I'd keep everyone from last night's team except Mailloux.
I'm a huge fan, but he's not ready. And that's fine. He has huge potential, but he barely played during his junior years!

Another year in Laval, maybe even two, won't hurt.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Simoneau
Mesar
Farrell
F. Xhekaj
Mailloux
Trudeau
Hayes (D)

Should all be cut.

Beck, Heineman, Davidson, Kapanen, Tuch, Roy, Condotta & ABB upfront. Reinbacher, Engstrom, Hutson and all 4 goalies should continue with the camp (obviously players on NHL contracts, too).

Personally, I think Mesar played a good game and I believe he should get another look.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I don't get the hate this guy gets. He's a real good player. He might not come in gangbusters and it might take some time to get acclimated, but he will get going.
I get it, he's a turnover machine and takes wild decisions on the blue line. Plus he rarely passes to the right side.

That said, he brings transition, he brings offense, he she best skater on the team. He's here for the time being, and not going anywhere.

Huston was in college last year, people need to chill. He'll be good, let's give it time. We're not winning the cup this year either way.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Habs pre-season history:
2023: 3-3
2022: all loses
2021: 2w-4L
2020: - ?
2019: 5w-2L
2018: 4w-2L
2017: 2w-6L

Over all of those, Habs a single shutout (in 2019 I think).
I checked until 2009 and Habs never had two shutouts in pre-season. Scrubs.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I'd be lying if I said our powerplay wasn't concerning. We're already like 0 for 10 on the PP including multiple 5 on 3s lol.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I get it, he's a turnover machine and takes wild decisions on the blue line. Plus he rarely passes to the right side.

That said, he brings transition, he brings offense, he she best skater on the team. He's here for the time being, and not going anywhere.

Huston was in college last year, people need to chill. He'll be good, let's give it time. We're not winning the cup this year either way.

I'm talking about Mesar (which was who the poster I replied to was talking about). I wasn't talking about Matheson. :laugh:

Edit: I just realized I was replying to the wrong message. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: MasterD and Habano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad