GDT: Preseason game #2 Habs vs Devils 7PM ET RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
You realize that 99% of the fans don't speak french, right? And good lord, who is saying anything about SN or TVA?
Curious to see your equation there Mr ?
If you said 99% of leafs fans are anglo, you would be closer to reality.
You have a few options
1) turn the volume off if you are triggered by the simple fact that the home town team is broadcast by a hometown network
2) Do what 5 million people did in the team’s home province and learn a 2nd language
3) wait for the actual season to start and then you will get broadcasters to cater to your lack of education.
4) pick any of the 31 other concessions to root for in your prefered language.
5) just stop moaning like a child.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The article Iinked didn't give English national ratings, but for regional games the RDS viewership is 80% of the total and TSN 20%. Considering the original comment was about getting someone to carry a pre-season game, I think the regional broadcasts are an appropriate comparison.
Probably. They would consider how many people outside the region would watch a pre season game and it probably wouldn't make sense financially.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Laval should be strong this year:

Heineman-Simoneau-Barre Boulet
Farrell-Beck-Mesar
Tuch - Condotta - Davidson
F. Xhekaj- Dauphin -Pezzetta

Engstrom - Mailloux
Trudeau - Reinbacher

Dobes
you missing Gignac, first line center
also Kidney

one of ABB and Pezzetta is starting in the NHL, maybe both if we go 14F and 7D

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Curious to see your equation there Mr ?
If you said 99% of leafs fans are anglo, you would be closer to reality.
You have a few options
1) turn the volume off if you are triggered by the simple fact that the home town team is broadcast by a hometown network
2) Do what 5 million people did in the team’s home province and learn a 2nd language
3) wait for the actual season to start and then you will get broadcasters to cater to your lack of education.
4) pick any of the 31 other concessions to root for in your prefered language.
5) just stop moaning like a child.

I highly doubt 5 million people learned a 2nd language. And learning a 2nd language is not something everyone can do unless they do it when they are very young.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There is already a somewhat big decision to be made as early as next summer too
-Primeau needs a new contract from the 900k/yr
-What to do with Dobes if Primeau gets new deal
-Do they want Fowler to play a 3rd NCAA season

For me, I think Dobes is going to run with the net this year in the AHL and then Fowler will come over and play some games at the end of his NCAA season, I don't see him going back for year 3 unless he doesn't take a step forward.

Then the following year, I think you call Dobes up and make the move on either Primeau or Monty.. then Fowler platoons with an older veteran goalie down in the AHL.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
He's changed his training regiment for sure. Has slimmed down. This seems like it has helped him with his endurance which was a problem last two years. He seemed to be gasping for air after 30-40 second shifts. Injuries afflicted him before and reduced his mobility. He looks free fo that too this year so far not to say he's not prone at this age
Amazing. I was hoping he’d do that. His dad is all about strength so he’d come in all jacked up every year. I never liked that because he can be faster and still get dirty as he’s a strong guy regardless. Less chance of injury also

Reactions: SwiftyHab

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Lord would me my choice. I think he does some hockey broadcasts on TVA Sports
Frederic Lord does hockey play-by-play on TVA Spanre? I just know him for his MLS broadcast, and he's top-class in regards to soccer. Really like the tone of his voice and his knowledge for the game.

I feel like the road is slowly being paved for Anthony Marcotte to take the reigns once Pierre Houde retires. It'll take some time to get used to, but I'd support him over Felix Seguin or whoever else my brain currently thinks of.

• Love
Reactions: overlords

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Frederic Lord does hockey play-by-play on TVA Spanre? I just know him for his MLS broadcast, and he's top-class for soccer.

I feel like the road is slowly being paved for Anthony Marcotte to take the reigns once Pierre Houde retires. It'll take some time to get used to, but I'd support him over Felix Seguin or whoever else my brain currently thinks of.
Yah I think he does, I know him from soccer as well though

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Big opportunites for Mailloux and Renibacher tonight to make an impression. It seems to me they think Reinbacher is pretty far along if they're already pairing him with Matheson.

Farrell - Beck - Mesar will be fun to watch. It'll be interesting to see who stands out among them. I'd like to see them get some PP time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad