GDT: Preseason Game 04 - Winnipeg Jets @ Minnesota Wild - Friday, September 27th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think Barlow has a lot of development to do also, and maybe he ends up being a real solid 3rd line player that adds a bit of offense.

I think if we expect him to be the next KFC, and a high end top 6 scorer, that might be asking too much. He should be watching Nino and Lowry to learn from them. Though he’s still only 19.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think Barlow has a lot of development to do also, and maybe he ends up being a real solid 3rd line player that adds a bit of offense.

I think if we expect him to be the next KFC, and a high end top 6 scorer, that might be asking too much. He should be watching Nino and Lowry to learn from them. Though he’s still only 19.

That is a good suggestion. He needs to get some sand paper in his game. He has the size to do it.

Limited viewing of Yager but he is moving up the Jets prospects rankings for me.

I have him at 1. Just checks all my boxes for what I like in a player.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I really like Yager’s game and if his playmaking can develop some more, he has a chance to be a very solid top 6 two-way C.

I’m not suggesting he’s the next Patrice Bergeron, but he could be a 25+g/30+a/55++pt 2-way C in the future. That trade would work out very well if that’s the case.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I really don't care how many nhl level players each team had, they had way more skill, it's f***ing preseason, this game has literally zero effect on how the regular season will go, nothing is embarrassing or nothing should give you hope from these games
I'm not losing sleep over it. But I made my point. 2/3 of what could be the Jets 2nd line was out there against the Wild's top line. 2/3 of what could be the 4th line was out there against the Wild's checking line. That's realistic regualar season matchups, for a road team. Who had more regular d-men dressed. I'm not losing sleep, because you are right, it's preseason, and there are guys who played tonight who won't be there opening day. Thankfully our top line and checking line will. But I definitely would have liked to have seen (or heard) this game be closer, especially since it sounds like Yager and Chibrikov had decent games.

Pionk was -4 this game, so he must have had some struggles.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
That is a good suggestion. He needs to get some sand paper in his game. He has the size to do it.

I have him at 1. Just checks all my boxes for what I like in a player.
Ya, I’d like Barlow to be a little more aggressive and involved on the forecheck. Grind it out a bit more. Go to the net and create some havoc. He’s young and has been a scorer on his junior team and hasn’t really had to develop a pro style game to have success in Jr.

So it might take a couple of years in the A, to develop a game closer to Lowry, but that might get him to the NHL and allow him to stay.

Yager is my #2 prospect right now, I still have a soft spot for Salomonsson for #1, as a big smooth skating shut down RH Dman which is so hard to come by. Yager, as. 2-way RH C, is close.

Edit: I see Salomonsson was the only plus (+1) dman tonight and Pionk was -4. Maybe there is something to plus/minus. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon and Buffdog

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
My guess is none of the non regulars get in unless a vet wants the game off. I'd expect Arniel to run as close to his starting roster as possible.
You don't think they give Lambert a chance to play between Ehlers and Perfetti? In a matchup against Kadri/Backlund?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I'm not losing sleep over it. But I made my point. 2/3 of what could be the Jets 2nd line was out there against the Wild's top line. 2/3 of what could be the 4th line was out there against the Wild's checking line. That's realistic regualar season matchups, for a road team. Who had more regular d-men dressed. I'm not losing sleep, because you are right, it's preseason, and there are guys who played tonight who won't be there opening day. Thankfully our top line and checking line will. But I definitely would have liked to have seen (or heard) this game be closer, especially since it sounds like Yager and Chibrikov had decent games.

Pionk was -4 this game, so he must have had some struggles.
yeah, it was such a great point, our one 2nd line winger couldn't match up against their top line that included a 100 point winger...

Reactions: TommyKillian

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You don't think they give Lambert a chance to play between Ehlers and Perfetti? In a matchup against Kadri/Backlund?

He may but he alsoay not depending on what Arniel has decided. I'd expect the people fighting for the bottom of the lineup to get into one more game each.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg

Probably not, their charade of giving the young guys a chance is probably extra finished now that Lambert went 0s tonight.

Chibrikov, despite looking more dynamic than most of our regulars will get sent back to the Moose in short order too.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I guess that changes the skill disparity in the lineups because reasons...
You still don't get it. So it's pointless. If I am not mistaken that's 3 SH goals against the Jets have given up this preseason to the Wild. Kaprizov didn't factor in there. I believe it was the d-pairing of Samberg-Pionk who were beaten by Eriksson-Ek's checking line. Correction 1 was our 3rd pairing. You can say Kaprizov as many times as you want, but he wasn't the deciding factor in this game. PPG's were 2 a piece.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
You still don't get it. So it's pointless. If I am not mistaken that's 3 SH goals against the Jets have given up this preseason to the Wild. Kaprizov didn't factor in there. I believe it was the d-pairing of Samberg-Pionk who were beaten by Eriksson-Ek's checking line. Correction 1 was our 3rd pairing. You can say Kaprizov as many times as you want, but he wasn't the deciding factor in this game. PPG's were 2 a piece.
you didn't even watch the game lol and you don't get it

iaffalo Appleton barron perfetti pionk miller Samberg helle

vs

trenin Eriksson ek Zuccarello Hartman kaprizov middleton faber fleury

which team has more skill? boiling it down as 8 regulars vs 8 regulars is ridiculous, trying to point out match ups like we even have 1 real forward line that will start together is also ridiculous, w/e I'm done lol...

Reactions: TommyKillian

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

I like him but man, he needs more speed. I see him currently projecting as a middle 6 with power play time. If he improves his skating and adds speed, sky could be the limit.

every game I’ve watched including Penticton, Chibi has been one of the best players. Love his game, he’s ALWAYS around it, an absolute pest and is something we sorely lack.

While I don’t think it happens, I’d move AI and his 4M cap hit to make room for him. I think he’s been THAT good.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I like him but man, he needs more speed. I see him currently projecting as a middle 6 with power play time. If he improves his skating and adds speed, sky could be the limit.

every game I’ve watched including Penticton, Chibi has been one of the best players. Love his game, he’s ALWAYS around it, an absolute pest and is something we sorely lack.

While I don’t think it happens, I’d move AI and his 4M cap hit to make room for him. I think he’s been THAT good.

I have some hope he becomes a Perrault type where he can go up and down the lineup as needed.

Ya, I’d like Barlow to be a little more aggressive and involved on the forecheck. Grind it out a bit more. Go to the net and create some havoc. He’s young and has been a scorer on his junior team and hasn’t really had to develop a pro style game to have success in Jr.

So it might take a couple of years in the A, to develop a game closer to Lowry, but that might get him to the NHL and allow him to stay.

Yager is my #2 prospect right now, I still have a soft spot for Salomonsson for #1, as a big smooth skating shut down RH Dman which is so hard to come by. Yager, as. 2-way RH C, is close.

Edit: I see Salomonsson was the only plus (+1) dman tonight and Pionk was -4. Maybe there is something to plus/minus. :sarcasm:

Salomonsson is a close second for me.

Reactions: Bob E

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

Completely agree about Chibrikov. I would play him ahead of Shaw, AJF, JAD and even Kupari. AI would still be higher in the pecking order so I don’t see Chibrikov finding a spot unless he’s moved. AI seems to be a coaches security blanket that plays in all situations. I just don’t see him moved and Chibi grabbing a spot a the start of the season. But he definitely could have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad