GDT: Preseason Game 04 - Winnipeg Jets @ Minnesota Wild - Friday, September 27th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
What we could use now is for some Hannu Jarvenpaa magic. He once scored 4 goals in an exhibition game against....the Minnesota North Stars. And a legend was born.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sep 30, 2016

Look, its a Yager Bomb!!!

94y652.jpg

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This has to be a disappointing loss.

The Wild dressed by my count 8 regulars, and 3 guys competing for jobs (Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Lambos), the Jets dressed at least 8 regulars, and probably 2 or 3 guys competing for jobs, and some decent AHL depth, and got run out of the building.

Seems like it was a mistake to dress Barlow this game. I am not sure how he made this far into camp.
Wonder if Milic coming earlier would have made any difference, but fwiw it's worth it's been 4 straight periods without a goal against for Milic.

Didn't get a good read on the Jets play, I tuned into the Wild radio broadcast, once denied viewing rights, and they had a 78 year old ex North Star as their colour commentator, so it was a prepos I suppose.

The Wild are definitely a team the Jets will be competing with this year, I think they are improved, and they have some depth in their lineup. Don't know what to read of the 0-2 start against them. Still haven't brought the A-list players to the dance. Sounds like Perfetti at least had some dangerous looks.

Reactions: macmaroon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good to see some fight in the third to get some goals back and make it a bit interesting.

Happy for Yager to get a goal prior to going down.

Chibrikov with a goal and an assist. It will be am interesting competition between him and Lambert on who gets the first call up imo.

Not really all that interested in what the main players did but good to see Cole put some points up. Helle will be fine.

Reactions: TommyKillian

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This has to be a disappointing loss.

The Wild dressed by my count 8 regulars, and 3 guys competing for jobs (Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Lambos), the Jets dressed at least 8 regulars, and probably 2 or 3 guys competing for jobs, and some decent AHL depth, and got run out of the building.

Seems like it was a mistake to dress Barlow this game. I am not sure how he made this far into camp.
Wonder if Milic coming earlier would have made any difference, but fwiw it's worth it's been 5 straight periods without a goal against for Milic.

Didn't get a good read on the Jets play, I tuned into the Wild radio broadcast, once denied viewing rights, and they had a 78 year old ex North Star as their colour commentator, so it was a prepos I suppose.

The Wild are definitely a team the Jets will be competing with this year, I think they are improved, and they have some depth in their lineup. Don't know what to read of the 0-2 start against them. Still haven't brought the A-list players to the dance. Sounds like Perfetti at least had some dangerous looks.

It was also Helle and Cole's first games this preseason so no real surprise that there was probably some rust in their games.

I think the biggest takeaway is that some of our kids may not be as ready as we thought. Both Lambert, Salomonsson, and Chibrikov might all be a year away.

But it's preseason and these results don't matter much.

Time for prospects to be sent to their Junior teams or Moose. The rest will fight it out to see who will be the 13th forward and 7th D man

Agreed, time to get one group going and really work on the things the coaching staff wants to work on.

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
Here are some thoughts from a (completely) unqualified observer (properly accounting for the fact this is sloppy preseason hockey):

Perfetti is our best shot out of our U25 players at becoming a superstar (not saying it's likely though). He's so smart and just needs his body/athleticism to catch up to his brain. In his LV media tour he said he feels stronger on the ice and he looked strong tonight. Used his body well and actually made some good hits. I've been saying it for a couple seasons, but this really should be his year.

Lambert is very near ready. Maybe he needs half a year with the Moose. But his poise and confidence are notable. He just looks like an NHL player. I love watching him play and think he's our future 2C.

Yager was a good pick-up for this team. He has a shot to become an effective top 6 player. He's young, and likely a solid step below Lambert, but he made some nice plays tonight, has a great shot, and sees the ice well. He's still far from making this team, but I see encouraging signs.

I don't like Barlow. I never have. Aside from his shot, I don't think he's an NHL player now or in the future. Hopefully I'm really wrong about this, we need him to be a hit, but I never see enough in his game. Can anyone make a good case in his favour? I'd like to hear it!

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I guess I was one of the “lucky” ones who got to watch the game. I thought Barron had a really good game and I really like the way Chibrikov plays. He’s always around the net.
Perfetti was also really tonight. He looks a bit stronger as well.
Lambert had a few flashes as did Yager.
Barlow mostly invisible again.

Reactions: bustamente

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad