GDT: Preseason Game 01 - Winnipeg Jets @ Edmonton Oilers - Sunday, September 24th, 2023 - 5:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Jets top PK unit beaten by the Oilers what, 2/5 of their 1st PP unit? :dunno:

None

Feb 22, 2012
Yeah, I didn’t get the Delia signing either

Given the 1 way contract I'm guessing there was some questions of Brossoit's health or they just didn't anticipate they'd have cap space for Brossoit :dunno:

Pretty solid period overall considering the lineup.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Given the 1 way contract I'm guessing there was some questions of Brossoit's health or they just didn't anticipate they'd have cap space for Brossoit :dunno:

Pretty solid period overall considering the lineup.
I think there’s a strong chance Delia is our long-term Hellebuyck replacement but I don’t know what he was doing on that goal

Well lots of rust so far.
Agreed, the Oilers aren’t looking too good with the many regulars they’re playing against a bunch of never beens on our team

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I really liked the flow of that period. Gaffes were kept relatively minor, and no one's game really stood out to me as poor. Heinola is being quietly good at getting the puck out of his end, and Chisholm's been juicing as well. Really liking Chibrikov/Zhilkin/Lambert, Iafallo doesn't look out of place on Lowry's wing, and Nino is working as advertised. Delia's been decidedly mid, as has Bauer. I thought it interesting that Bowness put D partners of comparable skill sets together, but I guess it's a mentoring role.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Well lots of rust so far.

Not as much as I was expecting at least from the players that are likely locks for the roster or at least on the cusp.

Lowry's line looked pretty good considering Iafallo is a new addition, Perfetti didn't look out of place at C, Niederreiter had some chances and was physical, Demelo and Dillon both look solid.
Chisholm stood out in a positive way of the players on the cusp.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I think there’s a strong chance Delia is our long-term Hellebuyck replacement but I don’t know what he was doing on that goal
Jets have had solid goaltending backups the last few years.

Flaherty must be part of the picking. They are doing something right with the goalies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Chibrikov nearly decaffeinated there.
Hey, did you have a different username before?

I thought he looked pretty good outside of that misplay on the goal. I think it was deflected.

Odds on this pbp guy figuring out that Chibi is 90 and Zhilkin is 56?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah, I didn’t get the Delia signing either
I think he was considered insurance in case Hellebuyck was moved. Even without moving him Brossoit isn't super durable and he's currently the only Moose goalie that can be called up.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That was a solid period. Liked how Chisholm looked. Despite a few mistakes at some point Chibrikov is going to jump off the page and be an important player for us.

I think he was considered insurance in case Hellebuyck was moved. Even without moving him Brossoit isn't super durable and he's currently the only Moose goalie that can be called up.
Agreed. It gives us a goalie with at least some NHL experience in the system, with quite a few unknowns.

Reactions: Atoyot

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
That was a solid period. Liked how Chisholm looked. Despite a few mistakes at some point Chibrikov is going to jump off the page and be an important player for us.
That line looked good. They definitely drive the play forward… once they get out of their own end.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Nice games so far from 7/8 D candidates and Moosebound Heinola and Chisel, Perfetti, DeMelo, Iafallo and 3rd and 4th lines generally.

Needles playing like the pro he is, Chibrikov making plays good and bad and some fine passes from Ville. Zhilkin looking like he might evolve into Nino 2.0.

I have a soft spot for DomTon. Maybe be a lifer AHL/ NHL tweener, but has skill and never takes a shift off, excellent mentor also.

Perfetti speedier as advertised, not much to play with setup-wise but honestly just wanted to see him play both sides of the ice.

EDM look crap, but not much to play for.

Reactions: surixon

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice games so far from 7/8 D candidates and Moosebound Heinola and Chisel, Perfetti, DeMelo, Iafallo and 3rd and 4th lines generally.

I have a soft spot for DomTon. Maybe be a lifer AHL/ NHL tweener, but has skill and never takes a shift off, excellent mentor also.

Perfetti speedier as advertised, not much to play with setup-wise but honestly just wanted to see him play both sides of the ice.

Agreed, we won't really get a good idea on Perfetti at center until he has 2 legit top 6 wingers to play with.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Needles playing like the pro he is, Chibrikov making plays good and bad and some fine passes from Ville. Zhilkin looking like he might evolve into Nino 2.0.

Yeah Cole hanging back a bit, probably wants to get his defensive reads down first. He also showed a bit of rust at times which isn't surprising given his layoff. I expect he'll become more involved as the game and preseason goes on.

Thought both Chisholm and Heinola had good periods.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Also looks like a higher-speed, higher-pressure scheme from the Jets, with some good exits and movement generally from the D.

I keep hearing that Schmidt is quicker, but he looks a step off to me.

Stanley and Capo or going to have to hold Chisholm off with both hands if he can keep this up through preseason while keeping the errors down -- tho Stan will get every chance.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Agreed. It gives us a goalie with at least some NHL experience in the system, with quite a few unknowns.
To correct myself we do have another goalie we can call up, I forgot about Salminen.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The Oilers are the Browns of the NHL if they hadn’t lucked into McDavid, change my mind.

Edit - NHL not CFL, too much happening for me to think straight haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad