GDT: Preseason Game 01 - Winnipeg Jets @ Edmonton Oilers - Sunday, September 24th, 2023 - 5:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I am not terribly excited for this years edition of the jets, I don't see playoffs.

However, with Perfetti transitioning to centre effectivey, Lambert and chibrikov with a year in the A under their belts and the Schief/Helle situation fully resolved, the year after has something potentially truly special about it.​

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hey there Delia
What's it like in your new city?
I'm a thousand miles away
But, tonight you looked so gritty
Yes, you do
Brossoit can't shine as bright as you
I swear, it's true

Hey there, Delia
Don't you worry about the fifty shots
We know you’ll never get lonely
Close your eyes
It used to work for that Rittich guy
At least sometimes…

Oh, it's what you do to me
Oh, just stop the ones you see.
Oh, the backup you will be
The backup you will be.

Hey there, Delia
I know times are gettin' hard
But just believe me, man
Someday you’ll pay the bills by fixing cars
You’ll have it good
You’ll have the life we knew you would
Under the hoods.

Oh, just stop the ones you see
Oh, the backup you will be
The backup you will be.

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But we've got plains and lots of bars
I'd strap you to the net if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have ever seen you play
Delia I can promise you
That by the time we get through round 2
The world will never ever be the same
We'll win playoff games...
:naughty:

Reactions: macmaroon

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I am not terribly excited for this years edition of the jets, I don't see playoffs.

However, with Perfetti transitioning to centre effectivey, Lambert and chibrikov with a year in the A under their belts and the Schief/Helle situation fully resolved, the year after has something potentially truly special about it.​
I'm a homer but i really think Valardi and Iafallo for Dubois makes us a better team than last season.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I'm a homer but i really think Valardi and Iafallo for Dubois makes us a better team than last season.
Don't forget Rasmus Kupari and the second round pick in 2024...

getty_kuparirasmus20180624.jpg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Bookmarked to laugh at you later 🤣

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Kid line had a number of good shifts in the offensive zone but got exposed a couple times on defensive play. Still lots to like and I actually felt Zhilkin was the most pro-ready of the three and i think he may be a call up sooner than most think. Chibs is fearless but so was Buck Pierce and it didnt work out well for him in the end. So Chibs has to play a bit smarter in anticipating contact.

Thought Perfetti had some rust and the timing seemed a quarter of a second off but really nothing to worry about there. I like Nino and would like to see him get extended.

Iaffalo is a beauty. That third line will be a lot to handle for other teams this year.

AHL line was non-existent as expected. Harkins with good hustle as usual, but same result in amounting to a whole lot of nothing

Heinola was decent. Some good reads in offensive zone but there were a couple times where he was a bit slow in processing some defensize zone plays. Overall better showing than he has had previously.

I actually liked Bauers game. Yes there is some rawness but I can see why the org likes him.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Plus hopefully more health for 91 and 27 plus minus Wheeler plus a full season of Namestnikov and Niederraiter plus a more experienced Samberg plus a better backup.

There's lots of reason for optimism unless you like being sad watching sports 🤣

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

The Jets are unquestionably a deeper team up front than they were last year. The only real question mark is the center ice position. We're hoisting a lot of load onto a young Perfetti's shoulders. Let's hope he can run with it, because top 6 Lowry can't be a thing.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
NHL.com’s crappy box score has Ivan Telegin as a scratch…. Is that guy really here?

• Love
Reactions: WolfHouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad