GWT: Premier League 12/31-1/4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Arsenal looked sloppy as hell in the first half, but you also have to wonder if Bournemouth can sustain the murderous pace they've been playing at

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Arsenal just aren't direct enough in these situations.

2-0 down for 25 minutes and they had two shots, neither on target, and 1 corner in that time.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Arsenal just aren't direct enough in these situations.

There were a couple of times they were breaking up the field and it's like they suddenly go "wait, we're not a counterattacking team, stop everything!"

Iwobi and Xhaka have also been..poor

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
That was a clear foul on Bellerin on that 3rd goal. Not sure what the difference between that and Xhaka's penalty call was.

The Bournemouth player was in control of the ball, between Xhaka and the ball and got nudged in the back.

The last one looked much more shoulder-to-shoulder in real time and the ball was there to be won. I wouldn't have been surprised if a free kick was given, but the defender needs to be stronger and not be so worried about knocking it out for a corner.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
One was a guy into another's back, the other was two guys going shoulder to shoulder.

Bellerin was running full speed and was nudged from behind which led to him falling. It wasn't a 50-50 challenge and wasn't shoulder to shoulder.

Cech has been pretty poor this game. Should've had the 2 goals, can't really blame him on the penalty.

This is the kind of game that Ox should be killing it in. I'm a pretty huge fan but he hasn't done a single positive thing. Pretty disappointing.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The Bournemouth player was in control of the ball, between Xhaka and the ball and got nudged in the back.

The last one looked much more shoulder-to-shoulder in real time and the ball was there to be won. I wouldn't have been surprised if a free kick was given, but the defender needs to be stronger and not be so worried about knocking it out for a corner.

Yea I could have definitely seen it being called a foul, probably a 50/50 call, but it's not really comparable to the penalty given in the first half.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs will never have as many supporters as they will tomorrow. Biggest match in the league so far this year.

If Chelsea can win, an 8 point cushion between 1st and 2nd
If Spurs can win, just 7 points between 1st and 4th

I think it has a shot to be a great match.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Spurs will never have as many supporters as they will tomorrow. Biggest match in the league so far this year.

If Chelsea can win, an 8 point cushion between 1st and 2nd
If Spurs can win, just 7 points between 1st and 4th

I think it has a shot to be a great match.

Yea, Chelsea gets the W and the title race is all but over. If Spurs get the W there's 6 teams within 10 points and 4 within 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad