GDT: Preds@ Wings 10/12 6pm: The "Stop the F***ING puck, Tendy" edition.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Already tired of the ‘we look good’ ‘doing all the right things’ bs. All that matters is getting more goals than the bad guys
Eh early in the year, we don't even have the lines settled in yet. Now around game 10 I don't want to hear it anymore. You either can do it or you can't by that point.

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Eh early in the year, we don't even have the lines settled in yet. Now around game 10 I don't want to hear it anymore. You either can do it or you can't by that point.
My worry is I see the same shit as last year with our low skill guys acting like they can make elite puck handling moves like weak pass/clears and no look passes in front of our net. But yeah - the new “kids” definitely deserve a couple games to gel

Reactions: hockey diva

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Seider a bit dirty, plays just across the line it seems, not enough to get called but not exactly clean. Hits a little late here and there, gives a little extra shove or extra stickwork here and there, grabs a guy high for just a second. I don't like it as an opponent but he plays that game well.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
What feels strange to me is that I've never been nervous in our D zone so far. Saros is clearly on point and we know that he can be a brick wall. So why are we panicking and icing all the time like Rittich's in net?

Have some faith in Juuse and work the puck out, create more opportunities rather than just pulling the puck back on an icing call guys...

I'm still not sold on Sissons as a 2c, as I wasn't with Novak. I like both, Sissons is totally proved as a depth C but I like Novak with Evangelista and Tomasino but... I really want to see Parssinen center the second line. OR Stamkos center it with Evangelista and Marchessault. Either way. Both lines look a little meh, and clearly Bruno doesn't have faith or he wouldn't change them after one game, so why not try change things a bit more decisively?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
im all abt novak but if Brunette is too pig headed to give him top 6 minutes lets get rid of sissons and acquire some
real talent at center for once
Now you're contradicting yourself. Either we need to trade for a true #2 or we don't. We could pay attention to where Novak started ... but that requires dealing in reality.

Brunette tried Novak at 2C last game and he sucked enough to get yanked mid game. As soon as he was reunited with Evangelista he got better.
This is HF where the points are made up and facts don't matter ... at least with some.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Against Dallas we lost but we played well. We seem to have come out here and forgotten all of that, it's all so reactive instead of playing to the system. You might get away with that if your stars are like 23-27, ours are in their 30s. We need to settle down, it's only one goal. Trust the system, trust your teammates, don't be scared to slow it down and choose your pass instead of barrelling into the nearest opposing D...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad