Post-Game Talk: Preds@ Wings 10/12 6pm: The "Stop the F***ING puck, Tendy" edition.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Not used to our d being so bad….:help:
I'd love to blame Schenn but I feel like everyone's been bad on D, just panicking like they don't have a Vezina calibre goalie, and because they're panicking on D you don't get out of it to a useful attack they're just icing it all the time or sending the wrong guy out with the puck. I did enjoy watching Skjei skate out with it though.

Reactions: bdub24

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
We just need to take this break to calm down, come out and play the way they've been training. We're clearly the better team right now, when we play to a system. As soon as that breaks down we get picked apart and it's every man for himself... it's one goal, we can come out without panicking and deal with this.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Looks like it doesn't matter how much forward talent we add, our PP will suck regardless.
Seriously though, that PP in the 1st looked really good. People moving around. The puck moving around quickly. Tape-to-tape passing. Some Stamkos one-timers (off target). Forsberg causing chaos in their defenders. It looked better than it has in many years. Just didn't get rewarded.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Looks like it doesn't matter how much forward talent we add, our PP will suck regardless.
A good powerplay is what, 25%ish? So even a good PP usually doesn't score. We don't have enough evidence to judge it yet. I liked it against Dallas, but again, today we don't seem to be setting up we're just reacting and panicking with the puck. Our PP isn't the problem today, the whole game is.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
A good powerplay is what, 25%ish? So even a good PP usually doesn't score. We don't have enough evidence to judge it yet. I liked it against Dallas, but again, today we don't seem to be setting up we're just reacting and panicking with the puck. Our PP isn't the problem today, the whole game is.
An elite PP is 25%+. Good is creeping up to 22+ ... a few years ago 20-21 would be top 10 in the league.

Last season the Preds were 16th.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad