GDT: Preds v The Other Cats 1PM CST IT’S A GAME!!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
I am relieved of the fact that none of these defenders are in our NHL starting lineup. This is not a very good group of defensemen.
Gravel and Del Gaizo are out there at times I think (I'm watching a panthers stream so if I can't see the numbers I lose people) and they seem ok. But generally our D corps isn't deep, it hasn't been for a while. And we're looking at 3rd/4th league goalies realistically

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
This preseason is gonna suck till the rosters contract
Yeah, definitely can't read anything into these games if you just look at boxscores anyway. Sounds like the 1st game was fairly even, despite them having Tkachuk, and they ended up with a 3-2 win, close all around, even with a lot of inexperienced players.

2nd game does sound a bit like Wedgewood was crap. Other stats show a game that might have been more along the lines of the 1st game in terms of shots and possession, but if you get down 4-0 when your goalie isn't ready to go, I mean, that's the game right there. :dunno:

Reactions: SouthNash

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
No it didn't. Askarov is likely to play in the AHL in San Jose, so it was him, not the Saros contract.
Wrong. 100% Askarov was gone the second Saros signed the new deal with trade protection.. He knew that he would never be the guy here in Nashville once Saros signed long-term. That is not the case at all in San Jose. It doesn't matter if he plays in the AHL or not this season, the point is he will be primed to be the starter there sooner rather than later. That was certainly not the case here.

Reactions: SouthNash

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Apparently I typed this last night but never hit send, lol. :laugh:

I missed the whole first game, saw most of the second. Good thing this was preseason, that was a bit rough.

Sounds/looks like the PK still needs a lot of work. Screened shots, tips, deflections were all getting through for goals.

Stamkos scored, so there's that. Right from his office, on the powerplay.

Quite a few defensive breakdowns and missed assignments left Panthers wide open.

Wedgewood rough early, but settled down and played ok.

More of an even game after the first period.

Good to have hockey back!

Reactions: Soundgarden

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wrong. 100% Askarov was gone the second Saros signed the new deal with trade protection.. He knew that he would never be the guy here in Nashville once Saros signed long-term. That is not the case at all in San Jose. It doesn't matter if he plays in the AHL or not this season, the point is he will be primed to be the starter there sooner rather than later. That was certainly not the case here.
Only because he didn't want to work for anything. Trotz told him in the offseason that the plan was for him to be the back up this year, Wedgewood was just there in case Askarov stunk things up. If being in the NHL was truly his goal then he would have taken the opportunity, instead he bailed to go somewhere he has zero competition and they will hand him the net, whether he is good enough to do it or not.

Yes we may have eventually needed to move him either way, but he had his shot this season for what he said he wanted, which was to play in the NHL.

Frankly I'm not that worried about him one way or the other. I think he ends up not getting the proper development in San Jose and is back in Russia by the time he hits UFA status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad