RW Matvei Michkov (2023, 7th, PHI) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I also recognize that Michkov is essentially still a child when it comes to his body and athleticism. He put on some weight yes, but now his explosiveness is f***ed. He used to be way more explosive and his release used to be better. I've never seen anything like it tbh. It's confusing

But, that means he has incredible growth yet to be done as an athlete. Unlike Michkov, Bedard is quite mature physically already, and much closer to his peak athletic form. If Bedard gained any more lean, athletic muscle, he'd be starting to sign up for body building competitions

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Have you watched this?

Comparing his tape last year to his U-18 tape. His lethal shot was barely used in Sochi last season.

Maybe it's evolving play style. Maybe it's him adjusting to better competition. Maybe his shot it just waiting to come out of the woodwork.

I want to see him rip it like this more.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Take a look at the goal Celebrini just scored yesterday. When's the last time Michkov did anything like that? It's not his thing, at all. He's almost entirely a playmaker, at least recently

Dude watches one game (aka "recently"), declares Michkov "almost entirely a playmaker."

I've watched essentially every second of every shift Michkov has played with Sochi. Last season, his two nicest goals scored from farther out were the one on Zach Fucale, where he had a great screen to work with. The shot wasn't a burner at all. It was accurate though.

And he was "entirely a playmaker" last season? lol.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I've watched essentially every second of every shift Michkov has played with Sochi. Last season, his two nicest goals scored from farther out were the one on Zach Fucale, where he had a great screen to work with. The shot wasn't a burner at all. It was accurate though.

The other good one was the wide angle shot to the far side past the goalie's left arm, I forget which opponent it was

Those were nice shots, and without screens you need a cannon to score to modern goalies.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Dude watches one game (aka "recently"), declares Michkov "almost entirely a playmaker."

And he was "entirely a playmaker" last season? lol.
See above a couple posts ago.. I have watched just about every second of every shift Michkov has played with Sochi. Yes, he was almost entirely a playmaker and a below the hash marks goal scorer last season. He scored pretty much 2 goals that were not in close to the net

I've watched everything there is available to watch. He's a star player. He has the potential to be more than that, but he has to regain/work on his shot, release, finishing ability, and explosiveness, which have somehow mysteriously regressed. I have no idea what to make of it. It's bizarre

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The problem with Michkov is that KHL production means shit. Russia sucks at developing NHL talent.

You could dominate the KHL at a young age and still not do shit in the NHL. I think part of it is the "lazy" Russian effect. Look at Kuzmenko. He's already turned into shit because he doesn't have the work ethic to succeed.

For every Kaprizov that comes from the KHL, there is 1000 Kuzmenkos, Kovalchuks, Shipachev. I honestly think there is a " pro-Russian" bias on this board and that's why this kid gets attention.

He"ll be gone back to Russia in a year.
One of the most embarrassing posts of the year. Congrats

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The problem with Michkov is that KHL production means shit. Russia sucks at developing NHL talent.

You could dominate the KHL at a young age and still not do shit in the NHL. I think part of it is the "lazy" Russian effect. Look at Kuzmenko. He's already turned into shit because he doesn't have the work ethic to succeed.

For every Kaprizov that comes from the KHL, there is 1000 Kuzmenkos, Kovalchuks, Shipachev. I honestly think there is a " pro-Russian" bias on this board and that's why this kid gets attention.

This is a contender for worst post of the year on this entire site.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Needed a good laugh today, thanks for this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad