Preds lines for next season right now

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I was thinking you meant Parssinen but yeah Sissons makes sense. Can Novak play the wing…?? He’s not very good at face offs anyways, maybe I could swap him and sissons?
Novak played wing some last year so definitely would be an option. Really though there are a ton of potential options out there for arranging lines so who knows though. I suspect Sissons ends up centering more of a defensively focused line but I don't hate the idea of putting him with some more defensively deficient guys like Novak/Tomasino to help cover their mistakes either,

Reactions: maplepred

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't completely rule out Sissons as a center with offensive wingers... either the new veterans or the younger kids. Sometimes a responsible center who is willing to quietly do the dirty work actually turns out to be just what the doctor ordered on a line, and gives skilled wingers more room to flourish on their own. He doesn't necessarily need to be making pretty passes to them himself. Just giving the coach more confidence to keep rolling the line out there would help them too.
:dunno:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I like those lines a lot actually. I think starting Novak with Sisson beside him could be a good opportunity for him to grow while also getting some help. If things don't work out it's an easy swap and you keep some continuity.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Ok after consideration from everyone and looking deeper into things. These are my final lines I feel that would be best suited for next season. Cole smith and Cody glass are the odd ones out to make us cap compliant. L’Heureux makes opening night roster with a great camp. All lines can score and be a threat as well. What do you guys think;

Forsberg O’Reilly Nyquist

Marchessault Stamkos Evangelista

L’Heureux Novak Tomasino

Parssinen Sissons Jankowski

McCarron

Josi Skjei

Lauzon Carrier

Stastney Fabbro

Schenn

Saros

Wedgewood

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'll believe Smith gets sat when I see it.
I like him on the bottom rotating with Jank

Ok after consideration from everyone and looking deeper into things. These are my final lines I feel that would be best suited for next season. Cole smith and Cody glass are the odd ones out to make us cap compliant. L’Heureux makes opening night roster with a great camp. All lines can score and be a threat as well. What do you guys think;

Forsberg O’Reilly Nyquist

Marchessault Stamkos Evangelista

L’Heureux Novak Tomasino

McCarron

Josi Skjei

Lauzon Carrier

Stastney Fabbro

Schenn

Saros

Wedgewood

My only concern is that 3rd line getting caved in

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

My only concern is that 3rd line getting caved in
Yes same here but I mean the game is a lot more opened up these days for the more wienerish players lol. Plus that lines has L’Heureux who will hack the competition to crap haha

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Yeah, I wouldn't completely rule out Sissons as a center with offensive wingers... either the new veterans or the younger kids. Sometimes a responsible center who is willing to quietly do the dirty work actually turns out to be just what the doctor ordered on a line, and gives skilled wingers more room to flourish on their own. He doesn't necessarily need to be making pretty passes to them himself. Just giving the coach more confidence to keep rolling the line out there would help them too.
:dunno:
Where have a Herd that Line before? ;)

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I don’t know… jankowski was almost a .5 ppg player last season. I think he’s almost the same level as sissons and definitely deserves a permanent spot. At least definitely over a guy like Cole smith. Jankowski very quietly had a very impressive season and could even build on that possibly. He’s much more valuable than smith. Smith is a meh tweener but jank is a 3rd liner on most teams I feel.

I have bottom six at:

L’Heureux Novak Tomasino

But i would be totally ok with switching Jankowski and Toma back and forth and see how it goes. I just figured keep the fourth line nice and gritty but that rw switch is fine by me.

• Wow
Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I don’t know… jankowski was almost a .5 ppg player last season. I think he’s almost the same level as sissons and definitely deserves a permanent spot. At least definitely over a guy like Cole smith. Jankowski very quietly had a very impressive season and could even build on that possibly. He’s much more valuable than smith. Smith is a meh tweener but jank is a 3rd liner on most teams I feel.

I have bottom six at:

L’Heureux Novak Tomasino

But i would be totally ok with switching Jankowski and Toma back and forth and see how it goes. I just figured keep the fourth line nice and gritty but that rw switch is fine by me.
4th line had a real defined task last season and likely will this season as well. Tomasino does not fit that position. L'Heureux would though like a glove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad