Preds lines for next season right now

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
What player is actually "withering on the vine in Milwaukee"?

This is when I expect complaints about Tomasino (age 22) and Pärssinen (age 23) who both struggled at the NHL level last season but are still well within the normal draft to full time NHL timelines. Or the eight forwards, five defenders, plus Askarov on ELCs currently split between the Ads and juniors ... with multiple slides that mean several haven't even burned year one of their entry deal.

Or is it Cal O'Reilly that is withering without a NHL deal? Sadly, that is the most logical option.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Personally I think Barry is gonna go hard on free agent defensemen more so than forwards. We could possibly have the worse defense in the league right now with current squad.

I am personally hoping for these following moved which are all attainable with our $26 million in space:

Sign Montour
Sign Zadorov/Skjei
Sign a guy like Bertuzzi for top six or maybe Tarasenko or Teravainen

Top six:
Forsberg oreilly Nyquist
Bertuzzi/tera/tara Novak Evangelista

Top four:
Josi Montour
Zadorov/Skjei Fabbro

Done. Unless you can sign a big fish centre like guentzel, Lindholm or reinhart. I question if Oreilly has another big year left at his age. And Nyquist too… he’s never had as good a season as last at age 34..

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Wait, center like Guentzel?
Yes correct. What am I missing?

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC

He's listed as a center because he was drafted as one. He was attached at the hip of Crosby or Malkin as a winger for his entire NHL career

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth

He's as much a center as Tomasino is. As in, he has actually never played as a center but for some unknown reason is still listed as one.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Ok well let’s go after Lindholm then haha. He’s a Swede and is same age as Filip so it’s perfect!
So weird about guentzel I had no idea. Thanks for clearing that up for me

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I definitely would not overpay for Lindholm or Stephenson… they will cost so much they basically just get in the way of us progressing in the next 6 or so years. They are not the droids we’re looking for at center.

• Haha
Reactions: hockey diva

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I definitely would not overpay for Lindholm or Stephenson… they will cost so much they basically just get in the way of us progressing in the next 6 or so years. They are not the droids we’re looking for at center.
I think a lot of these guys will get ruled out simply because I think Trotz will be unwilling to go past 4 years on them. I think he meant it when he said he was not looking to give guys retirement contracts.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think a lot of these guys will get ruled out simply because I think Trotz will be unwilling to go past 4 years on them. I think he meant it when he said he was not looking to give guys retirement contracts.
I do hope he will make an exception to upgrade the D, however. I feel like that is such an area of weakness right now that he almost can't afford NOT to be market-competitive on at least ONE of the top guys on D. :dunno:

Reactions: maplepred

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I do hope he will make an exception to upgrade the D, however. I feel like that is such an area of weakness right now that he almost can't afford NOT to be market-competitive on at least ONE of the top guys on D. :dunno:
Just depends on what he is looking at going for the future. If the playoffs are the main priority then I think he does, if its not, he may not.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
You can't move them unless they want to be moved, you are around to enough to know both have full NMC's. We can't even waive them for that matter.
If we were not trying to make the playoffs and win then I’m sure they would happily waive to go to a contender. That’s kind of my whole point here.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If we were not trying to make the playoffs and win then I’m sure they would happily waive to go to a contender. That’s kind of my whole point here.
You don't know if they would or not. These guys have families, they may not want to move for that reason alone.

McDonagh is the perfect example. He didn't want to go back to Tampa for a better team, he did it because that is where his family is. If Tampa was in tank mode he still would have wanted to go back.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
You don't know if they would or not. These guys have families, they may not want to move for that reason alone.

McDonagh is the perfect example. He didn't want to go back to Tampa for a better team, he did it because that is where his family is. If Tampa was in tank mode he still would have wanted to go back.
What’s with the bold? Lol

Yes you’re right, you never know. Could go either way. Don’t know until you ask. Some guys have a dream of winning a cup and want to go to a team that’s trying to win. Most players don’t want to play for a team that’s tanking. It’s a competitive sport.
Not to mention Saros Forsberg and josi are all European so less likely they are sold on a certain city. A cup usually takes trump. These guys travel all the time anyways for “work” and I don’t believe any of those three have kids but could be wrong.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
McDonagh also has won 2 cups. Not saying he doesn't want another one, but that's a much different situation in the twilight of your career than not having any cups

Reactions: maplepred

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't see any of Forsberg, Josi, or Saros wanting to play anywhere else. I don't think we need to waste much time pondering moves on those guys. (Or at least, Saros joins the club once his new extension is announced anyway).

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I don't see any of Forsberg, Josi, or Saros wanting to play anywhere else. I don't think we need to waste much time pondering moves on those guys. (Or at least, Saros joins the club once his new extension is announced anyway).
Do any of them have kids and have a family settled in Nashville?
If the Preds were tanking hard, losing a lot and going nowhere fast what would want to make them stay here?
Sure Nashville is a good city to play in but not the only one in the league either.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Do any of them have kids and have a family settled in Nashville?
If the Preds were tanking hard, losing a lot and going nowhere fast what would want to make them stay here?
Sure Nashville is a good city to play in but not the only one in the league either.
Forsberg did find and marry someone here in Nashville that is on the country music scene, they recently had a child together. I know both consider Nashville their forever home.
Josi's wife is a Belmont grad, a model and musician and they have 2 kids together. I don't know much else about her other than she's very easy to look at.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Forsberg did find and marry someone here in Nashville that is on the country music scene, they recently had a child together. I know both consider Nashville their forever home.
Josi's wife is a Belmont grad, a model and musician and they have 2 kids together. I don't know much else about her other than she's very easy to look at.
Saros is married but I think with no kids, more of a long term sweetheart from back home iirc. So not technically as tied to Nashville as others, more "mobile" if he wanted to be. I just feel like he has no intention of leaving Nashville anyway. For no good reasons, just a gut feel. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad