Predict the Quarter Final Winners

Pick The 4 Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I am feeling optimistic regarding Swedens chances, I'd say 75:25. But I see a scenario in my head where Finland plays super defensive, Sweden has all of the possession but fails to create any dangerous oppurtunities and Finland wins with like 2-1 after scoring two garabage goals

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
i hate that 2 games is same time. I wanna watch all 4 games live. They should split up the qf to 2 days.
I watched Sweden - Slovakia yesterday and then i fast-forwarded through most of the Finland - Switzerland game.

Reactions: Summer Rose

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
The only problem with splitting up the quarterfinals over two days is that would make for different rest amounts going into the semifinals.

I do also dislike quarterfinals being played at the same time though.
It’s not only that, it’s also stretching out a tournament that many NHL-players already feel is too long coming off of a full 82 game season. Which would make it even less likely that they would wanna attend(sure it’s by one day but still).

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Finland is going to make someone rich.

Granlund wakes up and lands a hatty.
He’s suspended for the Sweden game. If Finland were to advance he would be free to play though.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I guess? They're the 3 seed and the US are the 2 seed?

In reality, I don't think so.

The US has more NHL talent but the Czechs have the home ice advantage. Pretty even I think.
I'm not sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the seedings are:

1.SWE
2.CAN
3.SUI
4.USA
5.CZE
6.GER
7.SVK
8.FIN

Reactions: Summer Rose

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
You all suck!!! lol...
As you mentioned before, it will be interesting to see if the U.S. suffers any ill effects from having an easy finish to the RR. I don't think I've seen that before for a top team.

I'm worried about the home teams pulling an upset tomorrow - either Czechia or Slovakia. If one does, I just hope it's NOT Slovakia. ;)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
As you mentioned before, it will be interesting to see if the U.S. suffers any ill effects from having an easy finish to the RR. I don't think I've seen that before for a top team.

I'm worried about the home teams pulling an upset tomorrow - either Czechia or Slovakia. If one does, I just hope it's NOT Slovakia. ;)
yeah, this schedule did no favors for the US. The only silver lining was at least Latvia was the last game and did pose a challenge for stretches of the game to get some type of warm up for elimination round. But to be as lopsided of a schedule to start out as the US had is something I can't recall either...We played all three other advancing teams in the first three damn games, our boys barely adjusted to the time zone lol....

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
yeah, this schedule did no favors for the US. The only silver lining was at least Latvia was the last game and did pose a challenge for stretches of the game to get some type of warm up for elimination round. But to be as lopsided of a schedule to start out as the US had is something I can't recall either...We played all three other advancing teams in the first three damn games, our boys barely adjusted to the time zone lol....
Yup. I've never seen that before. Out of fairness, the schedulers should have mixed it up a bit.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sweden (favorite) 3-0
USA (coinflip) 5-4
Switzerland (favorite) 5-2
Slovakia (upset) 3-2

If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Canada beating Slovakia, but I think there's a pretty decent chance we see an upset. Canada has really struggled with putting away their opponents in this tournament, and with the local Slovakian fan support there could be some crazy momentum swings. I expect Canada to get out to an early 2-0 lead, but Slovakia mounts a comeback Hlavaj steals one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad