Predict The Pacific Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
LA is wildly underrated. One of the best analytical teams the last 2 years and got rid of their locker room cancer
I am a Kings fan, but I am not as bullish as you. They lost Matt Roy and Arvidsson (even though he was hurt most of the season)

I agree that PLD is addition by subtraction.

For the Kings to even come close to last season, Byfield, Clarke, Spence and one of Fagemo, Thomas and Turcotte need to practically explode

Last edited:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
kinda see it as three different tiers

vancouver
edmonton
vegas

seattle
la

calgary
anaheim
sj

re-arrange the order within those; it's a long season and there will be injuries, slumps, hot streaks, etc. but off of roster construction as of today, this is where i see it. could vancouver fall off and seattle get hot? could vegas fall off and anaheim take a huge step forward? yea absolutely.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
kinda see it as three different tiers

vancouver
edmonton
vegas

seattle
la

calgary
anaheim
sj

re-arrange the order within those; it's a long season and there will be injuries, slumps, hot streaks, etc. but off of roster construction as of today, this is where i see it. could vancouver fall off and seattle get hot? could vegas fall off and anaheim take a huge step forward? yea absolutely.
I think Vancouver is in a class of their own. I really don't think they will be as good this year, as everyone seemed to have career years and they are likely to regress towards the mean. I think they are a playoff team, but I think they are firmly behind Edmonton and Vegas...

that said, as we've seen with Vegas injuries can change that quickly and knock an expected top team out of the playoffs.

Reactions: PuckG

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Ducks could see a huge jump based on the development of so many young guys. They should be significantly better in every aspect of the game outside of coaching. Probably not enough to be dangerous but should be out of the basement.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas
4. Seattle
5. LA
6. Anaheim
7. Calgary
8. SJ
This is a good a guess as any but honestly I could see a ton of variance outside of the Oilers being on top and San Jose being on the bottom.

LA seems low here too.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ducks could see a huge jump based on the development of so many young guys. They should be significantly better in every aspect of the game outside of coaching. Probably not enough to be dangerous but should be out of the basement.
Sure I could see them taking a step this year but it still might be until the 25-26 season before they become playoff contenders.

They really need to work on their special teams to make a jump though.

Calgary is a hot mess with no direction right now, wonder if they go full rebuild next year?

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Vancouver
Vegas
Edmonton

Seattle
Los Angeles
Anaheim
Calgary
San Jose

I think Anaheim will have a few young players make a larger impact and surprise a few teams. Vancouver's coaching, forward depth and goaltending will win the division. Vegas and Edmonton separated by a couple points.

Only 3 teams will make the playoffs from the Pacific. I have Seattle 4th in the division because there are so few options. To me Los Angeles is plagued with poor management and its trickling down to the culture and effectiveness of the team.

I think Vancouver, Vegas and Edmonton are all contenders and could win the West. I just have this order because I'm a Canucks fan and want to see Vegas and Edmonton play in the 1st rd. We were all robbed of that last year.

Minnesota Knudsens

Apr 22, 2024
Edmonton
Vancouver
Vegas

LA - makes wildcard and get destroyed again

Seattle
Calgary
Anaheim
San Jose

This looks similar to other peoples choices, but I haven’t seen this specific list yet. I think Edmonton comes back with confidence and Knoblauch and I think Calgary isn’t as bad as everyone is expecting. And I don’t believe in Anaheim just yet.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I don't know why people are high on Vegas, They have no depth, a worse goaltending situation and a d-core not as good as people think.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I only really follow one NHL team these days, but my best guess would be that Edmonton, Vancouver, Seattle, and Vegas are going to make the playoffs. As far as the order goes... er, does it matter? Maybe this:

1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Seattle
4. Vegas
5. Anaheim
6. LA
7. Calgary
8. SJ

I think Edmonton might finally win the division (haven't since 1987). They have greater depth than ever for the upcoming season (hoping they can keep Holloway), and finally no Jack Campbell starting in net. I think you'll see McD and Drai with a bit less ice-time and more of a four-line-team kind of attempt so that the big guys don't burn out before playoffs.

Vancouver should be 2nd or so (could be 1st, could be 3rd). I do think they'll regress a bit from last season, as teams tend to do after a big break-out year. It seems to me they're not as 'tough' as they were last year, and I think teams might find them easier to play against. But they'll be fine.

Seattle could be strong. They couldn't score enough last year, but since they win/score by committee, they just need one or two forwards (Beniers?) to have a big break-out, and it could push them up. Their defense and goaltending is already fne.

I an hoping Vegas starts to decline. That franchise is just so unlikable in the current era. But, they'll probably be in 3rd. I am hoping for 4th.

I actually have no idea which of Anaheim, L.A., or Calgary will be worse. I know L.A. seems to be the clear favorite for most of you, and they had a pretty good year last year, but really I do not understand that franchise's management. Like, I'm kind of baffled by almost every move they make. Kempe and Fiala are good, but Kopitar and Doughty are ancient and they don't have goaltending. Anaheim, if things go well, could improve a bit, but they'll still miss the playoffs. Calgary is kind of like L.A. where I do not understand recent major moves by the team's management, and I just don't see them getting better at this moment (esp. with some boat-anchor contracts).

San Jose... even if they get, say, 12 more points than last season, they're still going to be in last place.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Edmonton struggles a bit by losing 2 defenseman and Ceci another year older. Will fight for first against a Vegas team that still have a ton of what made them SC champs.

LA vs Van battle for third

Seattle
Calgary
Anaheim
San Jose

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
I'm surprised how high alot of y'all have us. personally I'm not to sure what to expect, there has been a lot of turnover, our old guys are a year older... if we can avoid the injury bug and the young guns take the steps forward maybe, but there's a whole lot of unknowns there for me.

Digital Kid

Jun 5, 2015
Calgary
Putting Anaheim and San Jose above Calgary is ridiculous. Yes the Flames lost a lot of players at the end of last year and during the summer, but they are still better than what exists in those two California teams.

1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Las Vegas
4 Los Angeles
5. Seattle
6. Calgary
7. San Jose
8. Anaheim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad