2024-2025 Blues Trade Proposals Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Wonder what Anaheim would ask for Fowler?

Would actually be kinda excited to see a d- core of:
Fowler-Parayko
Broberg-Faulk
Leddy-Kessel
suter/POJ/Peru
I just don't see the point in spending assets on another Defenseman over the age of 27 and expiring soon currently. Save them for if a younger player that can be part of your long term plans becomes available

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Can he really handle those minutes at this point? I expect our interest in him was before we got Broberg. I’d pass.
I’m more concerned with the cost of acquisition than his fit.

With 55 as his partner, Why wouldn’t he? Has he not played 24+ mins a night for the last 3 years? On a terrible team without a solid partner?

Can’t be worse than 47 or 4 in those minutes. And we’d be a Broberg injury away from suter being in our top 4…..

Broberg doesn’t have the calm puck moving ability or poise Fowler has yet. Would prefer to shelter him in his first full NHL season then build from there. Depth is a good thing man….

Obviously if Anaheim is expecting a 1st+ I d be out.

But wondering if there’s a middle ground like A Ralph+ Mid pick + krug contract etc….

Most trades like this return a lot less than the debaters on this site generally assume…

I just don't see the point in spending assets on another Defenseman over the age of 27 and expiring soon currently. Save them for if a younger player that can be part of your long term plans becomes available
That’s why I’m wondering what the ask would be.

If we could acquire him on the cheap why wouldn’t we?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Let's not pretend that it would be impossible for someone to be worse than Leddy when Leddy has been rather spectacular for us since we got him.

People are auditioning for the new whipping boy now that Krug is out.

I can't see any reason to give up assets for a player like Fowler at this time. If we do make a move I'd hope it's for a guy with potential, not someone on the downside of his career like Fowler.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Can’t be worse than 47 or 4 in those minutes. And we’d be a Broberg injury away from suter being in our top 4…..
Did you mean to refer to #6 for Scandella or did you actually mean to say that Leddy has been so bad that it couldn't get worse than him out there? If you did in fact mean to say that Leddy has been awful, then that is just an insane take.

The Leddy-Parayko pair has gotten one of the top 5 hardest roles of any pair in the NHL since Leddy's arrival and Leddy has handled those minutes incredibly well. His 48 even strength points in the last 2 years is 2nd among our D group and only 6 points fewer than Fowler despite Fowler playing a much more offensive role. His +18 over the last 2 seasons is 1st among our top 4 D men and the gap between him and 2nd is staggering. Faulk is -6, Parayko is -15, and Krug is -57.

This notion that Leddy sucks is nonsense.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Let's not pretend that it would be impossible for someone to be worse than Leddy when Leddy has been rather spectacular for us since we got him.
If u think Leddy was spectacular last year, I’d highly recommend watching other teams play hockey…..

He was fine, ate minutes, provided decent defensive play but overall was very average.

I think Fowler would provide a lot more dynamic puck movement and offensive ability than any other D on our team. While not being an undersized defensive liability like Krug and Perunovich.
Did you mean to refer to #6 for Scandella or did you actually mean to say that Leddy has been so bad that it couldn't get worse than him out there? If you did in fact mean to say that Leddy has been awful, then that is just an insane take.

The Leddy-Parayko pair has gotten one of the top 5 hardest roles of any pair in the NHL since Leddy's arrival and Leddy has handled those minutes incredibly well. His 48 even strength points in the last 2 years is 2nd among our D group and only 6 points fewer than Fowler despite Fowler playing a much more offensive role. His +18 over the last 2 seasons is 1st among our top 4 D men and the gap between him and 2nd is staggering. Faulk is -6, Parayko is -15, and Krug is -57.

This notion that Leddy sucks is nonsense.
I never said he sucks lol what’s with the volatility on here these days. I simply think Fowler would be a nice addition and be better in that role than Krug and Leddy have been, especially playing with a partner like Parayko who does so much heavy lifting on the defensive side of things. The depth/trickle down effect on the lineup it would provide us interests me as well with quality depth on the left side of our Defence for the next two seasons. If the cost of acquisition is reasonable, I don’t get why we wouldn’t at least consider or kick the tires on this. Fowler-Broberg-Leddy would actually be a really nice left side with Parayko, Faulk And Kessel on the right. Sorry I’m not excited for has beens like suter and never will be’s like POJ.

As much as I appreciate perunovich vision and PP QB ability it seems as if he’s never gonna be a top 4 D for a long period of time in this league.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
I think someone that is young, could use a change of scenery, would fit great as a trial in a 2C/3C capacity for this year and has upside is Morgan Frost.

I feel he'd fit the 2C option better than Buch, Holloway and Schenn currently and won't hurt you on draws as he's roughly 50% FO over past 2-3 years. He also has the creativity and speed that I think would fit well here for the time being.

I'm not sure who they would trade for him but the Flyers can use some help on the LW so maybe that's somewhere Brandon Saad could fit in a trade. He also has previous history with Tortorella in CLB and I'm not aware of any bad blood between them.

Either way I think Frost could be a great buy low pickup.

I wouldn't hate a Buch-Frost-Kyrou/Bolduc 2nd line at all.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I think someone that is young, could use a change of scenery, would fit great as a trial in a 2C/3C capacity for this year and has upside is Morgan Frost.

I feel he'd fit the 2C option better than Buch, Holloway and Schenn currently and won't hurt you on draws as he's roughly 50% FO over past 2-3 years. He also has the creativity and speed that I think would fit well here for the time being.

I'm not sure who they would trade for him but the Flyers can use some help on the LW so maybe that's somewhere Brandon Saad could fit in a trade. He also has previous history with Tortorella in CLB and I'm not aware of any bad blood between them.

Either way I think Frost could be a great buy low pickup.

I wouldn't hate a Buch-Frost-Kyrou/Bolduc 2nd line at all.

Seems like it would cost a lot to get Frost

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If u think Leddy was spectacular last year, I’d highly recommend watching other teams play hockey…..

He was fine, ate minutes, provided decent defensive play but overall was very average.

Leddy was spectacularly decent last year. Better than I expected when they acquired him.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I don't think so, definitely less than he would have cost a year or 2 ago.

What do you think would be ballpark?

Starts with a first and goes from there unless the Blues are sending a young comparable player in return.

I could see Philly asking for a Snuggerud type return.

Last edited:

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
Starts with a first and goes from there unless the Blues are sending a young comparable player in return.

I could see Philly asking for a Snuggerud type return.
They may ask for that but there's no chance thats the return, imo.

The bigger issue looks to be their lack of C depth so they likely have to have a C back in return so it probably is near impossible to come up with something that makes sense. Dean is the only young C available to trade as Dvorsky isn't going anywhere.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
They may ask for that but there's no chance thats the return, imo.

The bigger issue looks to be their lack of C depth so they likely have to have a C back in return so it probably is near impossible to come up with something that makes sense. Dean is the only young C available to trade as Dvorsky isn't going anywhere.

They have Luchanko coming soon to fill the C gap.

Snuggerud is a prospect only. He should be NHL ready this year so the maturity is similar.

Frost played just under 16 minutes a night last year. He scored 41 points in 71 games, (13g 28a). He costs more than Snuggles at 2.1 million and will have arbitration rights.

He’s 25 and plays the more coveted position of center. He hasn’t lit the NHL on fire but he’s still figuring out his game.

He’s going to cost something you’re not 100% comfortable giving up.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
They have Luchanko coming soon to fill the C gap.

Snuggerud is a prospect only. He should be NHL ready this year so the maturity is similar.

Frost played just under 16 minutes a night last year. He scored 41 points in 71 games, (13g 28a). He costs more than Snuggles at 2.1 million and will have arbitration rights.

He’s 25 and plays the more coveted position of center. He hasn’t lit the NHL on fire but he’s still figuring out his game.

He’s going to cost something you’re not 100% comfortable giving up.
I'd go Saad and Dean but thats about it for me.

Firm no on Snuggerud for me.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I'd go Saad and Dean but thats about it for me.

Firm no on Snuggerud for me.
I'd have to agree with Spektre, we aren't going to find the solution to our 2C problem by trading guys that we are comfortable losing like a package of Saad and Dean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad