Predict The Pacific Standings

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
There has been a standings thread for Atlantic but nothing else. So here is the pacific thread. Just like the title says, what is your prediction for the Pacific?

Reactions: hurdemz

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas
4. Seattle
5. LA
6. Calgary
7. Anahiem
8. SJ

Dallas, Colorado, Winnipeg and Nashville will all be locks out of the Central. LA & Seattle will be in a war with STL and MIN to make it. Wouldn't surprise me if only 3 Pacific division teams in the playoffs this year

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas
4. Los Angeles
5. Seattle
6. Anaheim
7. San Jose
8. Calgary

San Jose had a good offseason, and obviously have Celebrini coming in. Calgary hasn't done crap, and seem to have no direction, so I see them at the bottom this year.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
1. Edmonton
2. Seattle
3. Vegas
4. Vancouver
5. Los Angeles
6. Anaheim
7. San Jose
8. Calgary

I really like the additions Seattle made, and combined with some individuals bouncing back from last season I think we're going to see a team that scores a bunch again. I guess this would be my surprise prediction. They've shown the ability to get on some big winning streaks.

Vegas needs to find some contributors up front, I'm sure they will but it'll probably be a bit of a process. You'd think they're bound to have a healthier season though. Seems like they've had injuries in the regular season for multiple years now.

Vancouver is where NJ was last season. Dangerous year in a sense that you think you've made it after 1 good year. I don't think they will be as good, but if they can avoid injuries to their top players I think they can figure it out and get in.

LA is in danger of dropping out in my opinion. They're going to need some of their younger players to fill roles and Kuemper to step up, neither of which are guarantees. Not to mention Kopitar is another year older, and the closer he gets to 40 it's more likely we'll see some regression. They can still be the same Kings, but that's best case scenario IMO.

Ducks are going to be fun to watch offensively this season I think. But they'll give up too many goals still.

Sharks are much improved but their back-end still lacks quality. Definitely going to work hard after last years embarrassment though.

Feels like it's going to get worse for the Flames before it gets better. I think they handle being bad the worst out of any team in the League this year. Just can't see their veterans being that interested.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley and PuckG

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
1. Edmonton
2. Seattle
3. Vegas
4. Vancouver
5. Los Angeles
6. Anaheim
7. San Jose
8. Calgary

I really like the additions Seattle made, and combined with some individuals bouncing back from last season I think we're going to see a team that scores a bunch again. I guess this would be my surprise prediction. They've shown the ability to get on some big winning streaks.

Vegas needs to find some contributors up front, I'm sure they will but it'll probably be a bit of a process. You'd think they're bound to have a healthier season though. Seems like they've had injuries in the regular season for multiple years now.

Vancouver is where NJ was last season. Dangerous year in a sense that you think you've made it after 1 good year. I don't think they will be as good, but if they can avoid injuries to their top players I think they can figure it out and get in.

LA is in danger of dropping out in my opinion. They're going to need some of their younger players to fill roles and Kuemper to step up, neither of which are guarantees. Not to mention Kopitar is another year older, and the closer he gets to 40 it's more likely we'll see some regression. They can still be the same Kings, but that's best case scenario IMO.

Ducks are going to be fun to watch offensively this season I think. But they'll give up too many goals still.

Sharks are much improved but their back-end still lacks quality. Definitely going to work hard after last years embarrassment though.

Feels like it's going to get worse for the Flames before it gets better. I think they handle being bad the worst out of any team in the League this year. Just can't see their veterans being that interested.
Damn, crazy prediction for Seattle that high.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
1. Seattle - I think they rebound and win the division
2. LA - They had a horrific stretch last year they avoid that this year
3. Vancouver - Bound for regression, likely have an ungly stretch to finish here
4: Oilers - Averaging a coach firing a season + game 7 hangover
5. Vegas - Team is not what it was and it's goaltending is suspect
6. Ducks: Improvement but still clearly in the tier below the rest
7. Calgary - I don't see the hype here. They sold off a lot last year and just look bad to me
8. SJ - Probably not as horrifcally bad as last year but still last easily

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
In Playoffs
1. Vegas
2. Edmonton
3. Vancouver

Out of Playoffs but in WC race
4. Seattle
5. Los Angeles

Bottom of League
6. Anaheim
7. Calgary
8. San Jose

Reactions: viper0220

lawrence

May 19, 2012
1. Vancouver
2. Edmonton
3. Vegas
4. Kings
5. Seattle

Vancouver is Toronto West. Great regular season team but they won’t get by better teams in the west.
based on one season sample size where we had to go with a 4th string goalie? give me a f***in break.

anyways

1 and 2 is either Vancouver or Edmonton finishing 1st. I think its most likely Edmonton finishing 1st. Vancouver 2nd, Vegas 3rd and Seattle 4th

1 Edmonton
2 Vancouver
3 Vegas
4 Seattle.
5 L.A
6 San Jose
8 Anahiem.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
1. San Jose
2. Edmonton
3. Vancouver
4. LA

5. Seattle
6. Anaheim
7. Calgary
8. Some irrelevant franchise that'll be moved to Canada within the next 10 years.
If San Jose wins the Pacific, Mike Grier should be given lifetime tenure as GM and given a decent sized ownership stake in the franchise.

My prediction:

1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas
4. LA
5. Calgary
6. Seattle
7. San Jose
8. Anaheim

Bond

May 10, 2012
Flames should be last but they got some stiff competition

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Vancouver/Edmonton
Vegas
LA
Seattle
Anaheim
Calgary
San Jose

Not a lot of change from last year except I see Vegas having a stronger year and challenging for the top spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad