Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
A healthy Chychrun and Chabot should make a pretty big difference. Sanderson is an absolute stud, and might be pushing Chabot out of the top spot before the seasons end. The emergence of Sanderson and a full season from Chychrun should also take some minutes away from Chabot, which should help alleviate the stress and fatigue Chabot has dealt with the past several seasons.

Zub is what he is. Took a bit of a step back last year, but all he has to do is play a simple responsible game. He should be right at home.

Branstrom has solidified himself as a stable two way bottom pair defenseman. Hamonic and JBD will duke it out for the 6th spot barring injuries.

Yeah I think that defense will absolutely be the strength of the team, at least in terms of talent. If they can stay healthy, which is clearly a big if given CHabot and Chychrun's histories.

Korpisalo . . . well i guess we will see. I haven't seen much of him so he's a pretty big unknown to me. That being said, he only needs to stay healthy and be ok. Average goaltending for the Sens is enough for them to be vastly improved from the blueline back.

Ya I agree the talent is there on defense but just thought most of their fans feel Senators main threat is offensively, arguably a budding top 10 offense if all things go well.

Their defense group seems more offensive minded IMO, will be interested to see how they handle/defend against the high powered Atlantic offenses.

If they get decent goaltending, it could mask some defensive lapses and be the 8-10pt (extra 4-5 wins) difference in making the playoffs.

Reactions: SENStastic

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Ya I agree the talent is there on defense but just thought most of their fans feel Senators main threat is offensively, arguably a budding top 10 offense if all things go well.

Their defense group seems more offensive minded IMO, will be interested to see how they handle/defend against the high powered Atlantic offenses.

If they get decent goaltending, it could mask some defensive lapses and be the 8-10pt (extra 4-5 wins) difference in making the playoffs.

I'm curious about that as well
The senators definitely didn't follow the Vegas blueprint when it came to defense. Going for mobile two way play instead.

Chychrun is big and can throw the body. Hopefully Sanderson adds that to his game as well. Chabot is soft, and while zub isn't, he doesn't exactly play the most physically.

The most physical defenseman on the team is harmonic.

I think a lot of it will come down to coaching too. I'm not sold on dj Smith anymore and think he has a short leash.

I've been one of the people saying for years that I wish the sens had gone with a solid defensive minded coach over dj.

I hope I'm.proven wrong

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Toronto even though they lost ROR, and that is a big loss they got better in almost every other area, Bertuzzi and Domi are better than Bunting and Kerfoot,

Klingberg is better than Holl even if It's just an offensive upgrade

Jarnkrok is a better 3rd liner than Accari, and even if he wasn't you got Knies coming in full time too.

Reaves is better than Simmonds even though his contract is a year to long.

Even Woll is better than Murray.

Tampa, Tampa has lost A LOT of depth over the last 3 years but they still have that core, as long as they have their core they are top 3.

Boston, A LOT of people here are predicting Boston's demise and I don't get it, They'd have to drop 40+ points and that doesn't seem realistic, not with that defense and goaltending, until proven otherwise they are top 3.

Florida they won't be healthy to start the year So I think they struggle early but recover and finish in 4th.

5th Buffalo, Buffalo and Ottawa are very close I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped spots. prior to the Debrincat trade this would be Ottawa's spot. That being said I don't have Buffalo making it in partly because Pittsburgh has added some quality pieces and I think they get back in.

And partly because once again Buffalo has REFUSED to get a proven goaltender, they have almost everything else but they WILL NOT get a proven goaltender.

Ottawa a LOT of nice pieces but like Buffalo I don't like their goaltending.

Detroit It's been 7 years but they feel so, SO far, Debrincat makes them better but not even close.

Montreal has a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG way to go.

WreckedUm

Damn near killed ‘em
Nov 25, 2018
Buf- They start off the season with their usual hot streak but never have that comical implosion were used to. Become the team to beat

Tampa- still a strong team with a solid core.

Bos- Some regression, depends on Bergy’s return

Tor- Goaltending and chemistry issues

Fla- Streaky team that can’t keep the puck out of the net

Bos,Tor, Fl all finish with in 4 points of each other

Sens
Mtl

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Buffalo 2nd and Tampa 4th? Interesting

Boston 6th? Interesting

Toronto VS Buffalo round 1? That would be fun
Boston are losing both top 6 centers

Buffalo has a great team young but lots of elite talent they could use a better goalie tho but i think they will explode this year

And i think Tampa will take a step back this year yes they still have Kucherov,Vasi,Hedman etc but they been losing alot of depth

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Atlantic Division:
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  2. Tampa Bay Lightning
  3. Boston Bruins
  4. Buffalo Sabres (WC 1)
  5. Florida Panthers (WC 2)
  6. Detroit Red Wings
  7. Ottawa Senators
  8. Montreal Canadiens
Toronto: Revamped roster added Bertuzzi, Domi, Klingberg and full season of McCabe and Knies.

Tampa: Still has a good top 6F and top 4D with a Vezina caliber goalie bottom 6 forwards look tough to play against.

Boston: Depends on Bergeron return plus very good top 4D and the reigning Vezina winner.

Buffalo: Young team that is looking to finally make the playoffs, look for an additional acquisition or two around the trade deadline.

Florida: Makes the playoffs again but could struggle out of the gate as Ekblad and Montour are out to start the season.
——————————————————
Detroit: Missing the playoffs but are still looking to build upon what they have added with DeBrincat and others, they may give Florida a run for the last spot but lose out in the end.

Ottawa: Not enough offensive firepower to go anywhere in the division, could see a lot of close games with the strong defense they have built but it could go south if the defense doesn’t come together, Sens need a good season from Korpisalo

Montreal: Still the same old story with some injury prone players that get pushed around. Only notable addition was Newhook.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Boston gets healthy makes it happen again

Toronto underperforms due to coaching

Florida starts horribly due to injuries but comes on strong late

Tampa Bay continues to fade

Buffalo again close but no cookie

Ottawa also underperforms due to coaching

Detroit takes a big step forward

Montreal overperforms expectations but still falls short

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Buf- They start off the season with their usual hot streak but never have that comical implosion were used to. Become the team to beat

Tampa- still a strong team with a solid core.

Bos- Some regression, depends on Bergy’s return

Tor- Goaltending and chemistry issues

Fla- Streaky team that can’t keep the puck out of the net

Bos,Tor, Fl all finish with in 4 points of each other

Sens
Mtl

Goaltending? In the playoffs maybe, but this is about the Atlantic standings, which makes it a regular season topic, and as far as that goes Goaltending was solid last year, Samsonov was very very good.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It’s a little early to predict but…..

Leafs - lose in 1st round
Boston - why not?
Buffalo - it’d be great
TB
Ottawa - battling all the way for a playoff spot
Detroit

Team out East.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
There is no more help on the way.

Players will make steps and we hope we can ice an healthier roster, but if last year wasn’t do or die, this year is.

I’m not saying Ottawa’s window is closing without ever making the playoffs, but the core is pretty much set. Somethings gotta give.

Looking through the thread, it’s weird to
me that fire-power seems to be linked to the Senators as a weak link.

Between Jimmy, Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson and Giroux, I think we will be able to score by committee and have a high pace offensive game with our mobile backend. I don’t think scoring goals will be a problem next year.

Toronto
Tampa
Buffalo
Boston
Ottawa
Detroit
Montreal

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
1. Toronto
2. Ottawa
3. Tampa
4. Boston
5. Florida
6. Buffalo
7. Detroit
8. Montreal

Toronto has the best forward group in the league, goaltending is going to be their possible kryptonite.
Ottawa has one of the best top-4's in the division and a top-6 that will only get better. Injuries to the top-6 can be devastating
Tampa has too much skill at F,D and G to lose too many games.
Boston should be regressing a little, it's really going to depend on Swayman/Ullmark continuing to as good as they did.
Florida barely made the Playoffs, and the long season will affect them, goaltending is also a question mark.
Buffalo has a few more seasons before they become the powerhouse of the division.
Detroit is made up of a medley of free agents, will it click for them, I doubt it.
Montreal are Buffalo but add another 2 seasons, at least.

Reactions: SensFactor

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Florida no longer exists. :popcorn:

It’s a little early to predict but…..

Leafs - lose in 1st round
Boston - why not?
Buffalo - it’d be great
TB
Ottawa - battling all the way for a playoff spot
Detroit

Team out East.

There is no more help on the way.

Players will make steps and we hope we can ice an healthier roster, but if last year wasn’t do or die, this year is.

I’m not saying Ottawa’s window is closing without ever making the playoffs, but the core is pretty much set. Somethings gotta give.

Looking through the thread, it’s weird to
me that fire-power seems to be linked to the Senators as a weak link.

Between Jimmy, Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson and Giroux, I think we will be able to score by committee and have a high pace offensive game with our mobile backend. I don’t think scoring goals will be a problem next year.

Toronto
Tampa
Buffalo
Boston
Ottawa
Detroit
Montreal

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Leafs
Panthers
Lightening
Bruins
Red Wings
Sabres
Senators
Habs

I think it will be really close between Toronto and the Florida teams then the Bruins will be in forth. I also think it will be close between Wings, Sabres and Senators. Whoever comes out on top between those 3 has a chance at a Wildcard spot

Last edited:

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Toronto
Panthers
Sabres
Lightning
Bruins
Senators
Red Wings
Canadians

Bruins may be done. That team broke the moment they lost that OT game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad