Proposal: Predators and Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn't be opposed to trading for Nash, but it certainly wouldn't be for any of our D.

If there was a deal around one of our forwards and picks/prospects, it would be different. But it doesn't look like that really works for NY's needs

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Nash for Fiala seems like better grounds for a trade. Ellis is a pretty decent overpayment by the Preds.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wouldn't be opposed to trading for Nash, but it certainly wouldn't be for any of our D.

If there was a deal around one of our forwards and picks/prospects, it would be different. But it doesn't look like that really works for NY's needs

What about Nash at 50% retained+Klein for Ellis? I think thats fair.

If not, what about Nash for Kamenev?

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
That's a pretty even trade. Nash has the potential to score 40 goals again almost 70 points. He was just injured last year. The preds could use more scoring and the Rangers could use better defencemen. what about Nash and a second for Ellis

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Nash for Fiala seems like better grounds for a trade. Ellis is a pretty decent overpayment by the Preds.

How is it an overpayment from the preds. Ur getting a first liner who will at least score 30 goals 55 points, who can play in all situations for a top four defencemen.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He's failed to hit 40 points in two of the last three seasons.

Though to be fair those two seasons he was on a 49 point pace which is still real bad for his paycheck. Either way in terms of bang for the buck and once age is considered, i'd rather keep ellis. Now if the trade is centered around Arvidsson, Fiala, Dougherty, Jarnkrok, or Wilson i'd be game even if salary doesn't get retained as much.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I still have no idea why Preds fans are so willing to trade Fiala. He's not the kind of player you trade for a 32 year old making $8 million that has had erratic production.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I still have no idea why Preds fans are so willing to trade Fiala. He's not the kind of player you trade for a 32 year old making $8 million that has had erratic production.

Agreed. Most I'd want to consider is something around Wilson or Smith. Not likely to interest NY, but I'm not all that interested in adding Nash to start.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Then why do you guys want to dump him as a contending team?

In case you haven't kept up, the Rangers aren't contending. They just traded away their top goal scorer from last year, let their top assist man walk, and the defense is bad.

The next year, maybe two are transition years to get younger, so they can contend again.

That's what they want to trade him

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Agreed. Most I'd want to consider is something around Wilson or Smith. Not likely to interest NY, but I'm not all that interested in adding Nash to start.

I'd love to add Nash, but I'm with you on this one. But regarding on NY not interested; they just traded for a younger center, so trading for a younger winger would make sense at least in the eyes of an outsider.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

No. We aren't trading our best forward prospect for a 32-year old guy whose only gonna get worse.

What about Nash at 50% retained+Klein for Ellis? I think thats fair.

If not, what about Nash for Kamenev?

How about Ribeiro for Buchnevich? Just as ridiculous as Nash for Kamenev.

I like Klein, but he's not the kinda guy Poile is looking for. He's looking to get faster and more mobile. And Klein is not faster or more mobile than Ellis.

Craig Smith + prospect?

would be a fill a hole, make a hole kinda deal. No reason to make such a deal. Not to mention the facts that Smith had more points last year, is younger and almost twice as cheap as Nash.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Then why do you guys want to dump him as a contending team?

Not every NYR fan believes the doom and gloom some profess and wants Nash gone at all costs. He's going to have a good bouncback season, as long as he remains healthy, and Rangers are going to be a playoff team.

But if they can make an almost lateral type move and get younger while not losing a load of skill for the present, similar to the Zibanejad deal, I'm not going to be against Nash moving. Like most fans, I'd rather see Girardi and his salary moved than Nash, but Nash still has plenty of value, even if these boards to believe it so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad