Post-Game Talk: [Pre-Season] Game 2 | Vancouver Canucks defeat Calgary Flames | 4-3 OT (Sasson, Debrusk(2), & Sprong)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i only watched bout 1.5 periods the game.
my thoughts

1. Sherwood looks fast and hard on pucks. very noticeable. He's in for a big year me thinks.
2. Petey looks disinterested. needs to take more chances and not worry so much about the D side of the play.
3. Hughes is always great but man did he fumble the puck a lot today. def preseason type game.
4. Wolainen is garbage
5. Bains did not looks NHL caliber
6. Soucy looked good
7. Desharnais looked better than expected. he makes smart decisions like Soucy , but without the hands/skating.
8. Sprong went full Mario Lemieux. Game breaking speed and hands to tie the game ...like wtf was that. love it. He also looked dangerous before that and i saw him make two good defensive plays...make of that what you will. He will definitely make the team.
9. Debrusk might work well with Petey, he keeps play moving forward and hounds the puck pretty hard for a offensive type player. He is the opposite of a Garland / Hoglander type player where you see a lot of horizontal play... he just pushes things forward. Petey needs that. it forces him to get ahead of the play before he can second guess himself

i didnt watch enough to comment on others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad