Post-Game Talk: Pre-season 9/30 NY Rangers 3 Bruins 2

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
ok so just watching the game now and Trotman still doing what he did last year, letting people stand in front of the net without any punishment, he literally stood there watching 2 Rags standing their screening Gus. He needs to clear that **** out, Breen was there too, no good. Frustrating a guy his size just lets guys stand wherever they want in the goal crease.

Connolly finally scores so he bags another one late in the game :laugh: love it, great skill.

Rinaldo had another good game, drew another penalty, so unlucky to be post and out on that tough angle shot, good hustle, he makes opening night roster.

Spooner/Hayes/Conolly starting to look good.

Gus is a bit wild, he nearly chased a Rags player behind his own net, kinda like Svedberg where he likes to leave the crease etc, needs better rebound control but hes a known quantity, he's been good enough a lot of times for Detroit, and I think he will get the gig over Smith. Still don't think he's the best solution, Bs should have jumped on Raanta when he was available.

Thought Koko was gonna get the cross feed from Spoons and at least take OT.

Im very surprised we nearly stole this one, I thought this would be a monumental blowout considering the players the Rags iced.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I'm not worried about results in pre-season, but looking at the highlights and stats Bruins seemed to have more control of the game. 3rd line looked to great a lot of chances, Connolly's second goal was amazing.

Connolly to me didn't impress tonight. Pulled up every chance he had to finish a check for example. First goal was lucky (for him, that Hayes made that play), second goal was some nice hand eye that never (rarely) happens in an NHL setting.

Seems to me like you are just trying to find reasons to rag on him. Nothing lucky about that first goal, good passing play with him and Hayes. Second goal was excellent and deserves full credit. He hasn't been great so far in the pre-season, but if you never give him credit when it's due the criticism will also seem highly biased.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm more than a little encouraged about the team after some of these preseason games. Was fairly impressed tonight considering the lineup.

Effort level alone has been impressive, that Ranger lineup had to be as close to the one they`ll roll out come next week and the kids played hard, played well

Thought Spooner line had a good and not so good night. Offensively, created and were rewarded, still some work defensively. Overall, if this team works like they did last night, they`ll get rewarded more often than not IMO

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Frankly I don't get the love affair with Kemp...sure he is a smart positionally and solid defensive guy...but that is it. He is like a slower Chris Kelly with less offensive upside. Why do we need another Chris Kelly? Having him and kelly on the same line is redundant. A line of kelly-kemp-Rinaldo would be okay...I guess.

Also Randall...Randell...whatever his name is, I was not at all impressed with him. he did nothing and did not look all that impressive in his bout.

Because when you dump Kelly you have him at 1/5th the salary.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Agree. He has nice skills but is blocked. I'll be surprised if he can force his way into the Boston line-up.

Like Spooner, his best opportunity will come if injuries happen.

He looked good tonight. He's hungry. Mgmt will like that. I agree it will b interesting to see but I agree he will be first guy called up should any of the top centres go down. Very much like spooner situation.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Well, you got one out of three.

Kemp moves well for his size and he is not soft. Are you just assuming that because he's Euro, because if you watched the games so far, he has finished a bunch of checks and has no fear of the corners.

Eyes of the beholder I guess, just not seeing what the upside is with him. Will be good as the extra forward. He could use some extended AHL time but I would guess DS made some promises to get him signed.

As far as being soft goes he has been pushed and punched and crossed checked without even a glare back at the player, I would like to see just a little push back from him it's only going to get tougher in the real season.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I would be shocked if colin miller doesn't stay on the team this year.

he seems more poised with the puck than dougie the few times ive watched him.

I like rinaldo in the lineup.

chara
seides
krug
trotman
c miller
mcquaid
k miller
morrow

those guys should be our 8 d all season.

id like to see as much of cmiller and morrow in the lineup as possible

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Hayes has looked good. In general. Connelly is at least a 3rd line winger. If anything, there is a lot of upside to that line. I think this is a great opportunity for all of these players to stand up and make a difference. Not one of them should underachieve this year. I would be surprised if they did.

I like Hayes a lot, and Connolly could be good. I think Spooner will greatly outplay them though and get held back by the two centers in front of him. Not a bad problem to have for sure.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I like Hayes a lot, and Connolly could be good. I think Spooner will greatly outplay them though and get held back by the two centers in front of him. Not a bad problem to have for sure.

In the little preseason action that I have seen Spooner has looked real good . I was kind of thinking the same thing last night ,I hope he has decent line mates to play with or his efforts might be wasted . I guess we will have to wait until opening night to see what the lines are going to look like .

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Wasn't able to see the game but that actually seems like an extremely impressive performance considering the line-up the Bruins iced vs. the line-up the Rangers iced.

OutspokenMinority*

Hayes' lazy stick was the reason for the billiard ball goal. All agreed? Good. Let this be the first of what will hopefully be only a few rounds of vaccinations for that particular behavior. Kid's working hard from what I've heard and that's all I care about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad