GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Sleeper pick Elias Lindholm. 7x7.5 We talk about how that's an over pay for a middle 6C but balances the forwards and the last 2-3 years will okposo-esque but we'll worry about that in 4 years. Then a another meaner Robinson or two on small contracts Or I'm a complete dumbass. You make the call
I still think Lindholm is a good C for another 4-5 years, maybe 6. I just don't see why he'd choose Buffalo, but KA should make a pitch anyway. There are just so few options and the Skinner buy-out says (supposedly) "we'll pay".

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Sleeper pick Elias Lindholm. 7x7.5 We talk about how that's an over pay for a middle 6C but balances the forwards and the last 2-3 years will okposo-esque but we'll worry about that in 4 years. Then a another meaner Robinson or two on small contracts Or I'm a complete dumbass. You make the call

He told Vancouver no to 7x7.

Gonna have to be 8-9 x 7 to come here.

Reactions: Matt Ress

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Give me Adam Boqvist.

He is busting but maybe fellow swede Dahlin can help turn him around.

He will come cheap and is only 23.

Take him as a non-stop 4 defender obviously.

He was ranked as the 2nd best defenseman next to Dahlin his draft year.

Last edited:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
The only way he comes back to Buffalo is on staff/front office. I'd bet a lot that he's done.
It would have been my first call. Imagine a multi million dollar job where you can utterly fail at everyone of your assigned goals and instead of accountability you get traded to a cup contender so you can get your name on the also on the roster part of the cup. I’d play till I was 50.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
And then they had him play his off-hand side with EJ for much of November which also didn't work. He then called himself out in the paper in early December and his game was much more to expected levels after.

I always knew that Clifton's play had improved from watching him, but I never really checked into the numbers. He more or less got separated from EJ after the 12/16 game against Arizona, his 29th game of the year.

His first 29 games:

1719774483101.png

And then his last 50 games:

1719774500462.png

Those are some good numbers from a 3rd pairing guy in a defensive role in Granato's system with these forwards supporting him. Meanwhile, EJ's numbers continued to plunge deeper into the toilet. Not sure why Cliffy is the whipping boy for some people.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I always knew that Clifton's play had improved from watching him, but I never really checked into the numbers. He more or less got separated from EJ after the 12/16 game against Arizona, his 29th game of the year.

His first 29 games:

View attachment 890072

View attachment 890073

Those are some good numbers from a 3rd pairing guy in a defensive role in Granato's system with these forwards supporting him. Meanwhile, EJ's numbers continued to plunge deeper into the toilet. Not sure why Cliffy is the whipping boy for some people.

Is this all minutes or 5v5? Looks like total toi to me.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

His first 29 games:

View attachment 890072

View attachment 890073

I wonder if Ruff will try him with Byram or Power.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He told Vancouver no to 7x7.

Gonna have to be 8-9 x 7 to come here.
I’m not sure if anyone heard the latest Baker and Fairburn but Adams wouldn’t even outbid Detroit for one year of Kane, when he had crazy amounts of unused cap space to do so.

We’re not outbidding anyone for top players, and certainly not willing to pay a Bad Team tax. Which is depressing as hell.

Reactions: ceky

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I’m not sure if anyone heard the latest Baker and Fairburn but Adams wouldn’t even outbid Detroit for one year of Kane, when he had crazy amounts of unused cap space to do so.

We’re not outbidding anyone for top players, and certainly not willing to pay a Bad Team tax. Which is depressing as hell.
You reckon that's because of the Taylor Hall experience?

I hope not because Adams is going to have to splash out. I'm happy for him to overpay, even wildly, for no more than 3 years for someone.

The state of the market and they tight-fingered way he seems to be going about things means the only way back to success is through drafting and I don't see our results changing for years then.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

His first 29 games:

View attachment 890072

View attachment 890073

Didn't EJ have a brief blip of positive numbers?

Either way, hopefully whoever suggested him last year is shamed and in timeout during this year's discussions. I'd really like to know how that went down. Was it Kevyn, pro scout, don? Did the analytics team see something they thought could be useful, or just bite their tongues because someone had their heart set on a 'cup-winning leader'?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I wonder if they'll bring back Bryson or if they'll want to sign a veteran like Brendan Smith, who played for Ruff with the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00