GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It’s certainly reasonable to look at past years and dread what’s coming now, but on the other hand, it’s very possible KA feels like it’s the playoffs or his head, which would presumably prompt different behavior

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
It’s certainly reasonable to look at past years and dread what’s coming now, but on the other hand, it’s very possible KA feels like it’s the playoffs or his head, which would presumably prompt different behavior
I do feel he feels that, but I also feel he can't build this team. Not enough experience to complete deals, too many NTC/NMCs, free agency won't save him, no one seems to want to be involved with what's going on here.

Pegula seems like the worst NHL owner now that the Coyotes have moved.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Per Frank Servalli Sabres are among the teams expected to make an offer for Patrick Kane
Meh. Even if we make an offer....unless it's absolutely the best offer out there, I doubt he comes here. And it has nothing do to with us not being a playoff team, I genuinely think he doesn't want to play here.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I do feel he feels that, but I also feel he can't build this team. Not enough experience to complete deals, too many NTC/NMCs, free agency won't save him, no one seems to want to be involved with what's going on here.

Agreed.

Having a desperate GM is really not in the Sabres best interest. Imagine the damage he could do in the name of saving his job.

Adams should have been replaced with Granato.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Meh. Even if we make an offer....unless it's absolutely the best offer out there, I doubt he comes here. And it has nothing do to with us not being a playoff team, I genuinely think he doesn't want to play here.
The South Buffalo posse says it will never happen per family, more pr

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

The Point Of No Return is getting closer and closer

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I know he's got 2 cups, but I'm skeptical Kane would be a better lock room presence than skinner.

Agreed.

Having a desperate GM is really not in the Sabres best interest. Imagine the damage he could donin yne name of saving his job.

I like Don, but I trust him less than Adams in that role. I think he'd be the type trading for Risto

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Agreed.

Having a desperate GM is really not in the Sabres best interest. Imagine the damage he could do in the name of saving his job.

My thought was they should have both been gone. Adams has done little to nothing during his tenure and had more time than previous guys. Botterill finally stood up to Pegula and got fired.

Ruff as a POHO was the hope and let him hire a GM and Coach. But hey, he’s the coach now.

I think it’s risky to let a guy on thin ice sign long term deals for the Sabres.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think it’s risky to let a guy on thin ice sign long term deals for the Sabres.
But what kind of contracts can he sign? He hasn't signed or traded anything. I'll be surprised if he signs a 5-7 year contract with a UFA player, although it depends on the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad