GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Most people agree that there is a very strong top 15 guys in this draft. Whether we use the pick or move it, I like it either way. Better chance of drafting MBN while adding a pick in top half of the 2nd.

Reactions: Jacob582

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Strange to make that trade before you’re on the clock and know what players you’re passing over. I wonder if this trade is a precursor to something else where they use the added draft capital to bring in a player?
Would seem so, unless they are very sure MBN will be there at #14. That's a bit of a risk though.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
I <3 Buffalo, but yeah- players aren't lining up to come here until we turn this thing around. It's why if we want any big additions (3rd line C, Top-6 W, and a top-4 D) it'll need to be through trade. Hopefully, he can give a bit more to those gritty 4th line guys in FA, and they decide to come here.

Winning is the only thing that'll cure that, so don't you dare sit on your hands this offseason, Kevyn! Also, reading the breakdown of his interview, it sounds like there is some potential movement in the coming weeks. I'm not going to blow my load over his sentiments in regard to trades falling through, but I understand why fans are tired of that lip service.
The only reason players don't come here is incompetent management,

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Adams and Co. get excellent value in a trade, again. Sabres Twitter melts down, again. Life is beautiful.

I figured the Sharks must be flush with picks to give away a 2nd so cheaply, but they're really not. Only an extra 1st and 2nd now. I think Grier might be looking to double his BU connection at 11...

Either we have a tier of draftees that extends to 14 so we don't need to see who is available, or we're trading picks for players. I can't imagine a scenario where 14 wouldn't land about the same player trade as 11, so it could end up as a sneaky bit of arbitrage by Adams. Still swap the 1st for a player but come away drafting two 2nds.

Or we're trading one or both 2nds. Funny trivia that we have two pairs of consecutive picks now, 42 & 43 and 108 & 109.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad