GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yes, I think you know wgr is the local radio that covers the team you support ?

You are very articulate (even with translation :D), I would think about learning English (in school, library or online) as well.
No, I heard it was radio, I just thought it would be broadcast on YouTube at first.

Google Translate works wonders. Although over the years at HF my English has really improved and I don't always use a translator anymore.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Adams Sabres Live bullet points:

He was 20 minutes late for his segment

Lots of "conversations", he sounded like it's busy

Didn't sound to me he's moving 11, talked about players still moving one spot up or down, then pivoted and said but anything can happen and we have to be ready for it

Lots of noise out there, no final decision yet on Skinner, any trade talk has to go back to Skinner with his NTC, mentioned buy out. Sounds like a lot of posturing still to me.

He has told the league they are open to anything, moving pick 11, move a little or way back, did not say move up.

Kidded agents think the salary cap is going up hundred of millions when asked about pending RFA's, he likes where they are on their guys regarding qualifying offers

Lots of variables with UFA's, some players may not want to live in Buffalo

Thought he was really close on a few trades this past week but they fell apart

Please feel free to add, comment, etc

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Adams Sabres Live bullet points:

He was 20 minutes late for his segment

Lots of "conversations", he sounded like it's busy

Didn't sound to me he's moving 11, talked about players still moving one spot up or down, then pivoted and said but anything can happen and we have to be ready for it

Lots of noise out there, no final decision yet on Skinner, any trade talk has to go back to Skinner with his NTC, mentioned buy out. Sounds like a lot of posturing still to me.

He has told the league they are open to anything, moving pick 11, move a little or way back, did not say move up.

Kidded agents think the salary cap is going up hundred of millions when asked about pending RFA's, he likes where they are on their guys regarding qualifying offers

Lots of variables with UFA's, some players may not want to live in Buffalo

Thought he was really close on a few trades this past week but they fell apart

Please feel free to add, comment, etc
I feel like I hear this mantra every year.

"UFA not going to Buffalo"

"Deals fell apartI tried"

Adams better start making moves and not screw up in the next 5-7 days.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Anyone hoping for a boost of confidence during the most important week in a long time for this franchise…did not get it.

He still looks befuddled at difficulty making trades. It’s his fifth offseason. He probably only says no decision on Skinner because they’re trying to get him to waive and until time runs out on the window might as well keep trying. Telling me trades he thought were close failed is about as dire a thing you can go on the air and say. Saying UFAs may not want to live in Buffalo. Just a full on assault on hope. Should have worn a “Lower your expectations even further” t-shirt.

The two worst scenarios are he can’t do anything or his failure to do things forces him into terrible moves. That conversation was terrifying

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Anyone hoping for a boost of confidence during the most important week in a long time for this franchise…did not get it.

He still looks befuddled at difficulty making trades. It’s his fifth offseason. He probably only says no decision on Skinner because they’re trying to get him to waive and until time runs out on the window might as well keep trying. Telling me trades he thought were close failed is about as dire a thing you can go on the air and say. Saying UFAs may not want to live in Buffalo. Just a full on assault on hope. Should have worn a “Lower your expectations even further” t-shirt.

The two worst scenarios are he can’t do anything or his failure to do things forces him into terrible moves. That conversation was terrifying
Yeah, with that speech he sounds like a guy who put on a "Born to Lose" T-shirt and went to rob a liquor store.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I gotta hear the context for the "UFAs may not want to live in Buffalo." Is he talking about in-season or off-season? I hope to anything holy that he's not expecting UFAs to live in Buffalo in the off-season.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I gotta hear the context for the "UFAs may not want to live in Buffalo." Is he talking about in-season or off-season? I hope to anything holy that he's not expecting UFAs to live in Buffalo in the off-season.
He was just listing some reasons why a target may not want to sign and that it's ultimately up to the player to sign UFA.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Listen, if I trade for somebody, they’re coming here with rope and writing the note on the plane. If it helps, I nearly had a masterstroke last week

Reactions: billsandsabres

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He started a list of reasons why UFA is hard. It was after his part about how trades are hard. Basically listing reasons free agency can’t be counted on. Money might not work. Term might not work. They may have better offers. They may not want you even though you want them. They might not want to live in Buffalo. He hit every reason he could

Reactions: BFLO

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The only thing he lacks is speed and I wish he played with grit like Dahlin.
If he had the knowledge that team mates were there to have his back, how much more grit might we see from him?

I love him as a guy you move up the lineup when you want to form more of an elite match up line and put on a solid 4th line for other games.
Greenway-Cozens-Tuch would be nice against top heavy teams.
I get it - but i think his 'base' is beyond the 'fourth' line. I'd love to build a legit badass fourth line & have a guy with Greenway's skill set somewhere in the top 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad