GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
He started a list of reasons why UFA is hard. It was after his part about how trades are hard. Basically listing reasons free agency can’t be counted on. Money might not work. Term might not work. They may have better offers. They may not want you even though you want them. They might not want to live in Buffalo. He hit every reason he could
So it sounds like he's preparing the fans for another off-season of doing f***-all outside of a couple minor moves.

Yeah, that'll go over well with the fanbase.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Gonna be a hard sell to get UFAs to sign here, the city is a dumpster and the team has been awful. Nobody is coming to Buffalo because it's a nice place to live, need the team to at least be competitive...

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
No, I heard it was radio, I just thought it would be broadcast on YouTube at first.

Google Translate works wonders. Although over the years at HF my English has really improved and I don't always use a translator anymore.

Until we start screwing with you and use slang and terrible grammar

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
f***ing, scared to lose a trade, forever building to imaginary futures, excuse making, sad sap piece of crap needs to see the door. Enough!
He’s going to make a trade. Way too early for this type of reaction.

Negotiating means not accepting the first offer and pretending you don’t need to make the trade at first. And if there are several options, he’s probably working them all, trying to get the price down for each. Why not, if he has time?

Reactions: Dingo44

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
He started a list of reasons why UFA is hard. It was after his part about how trades are hard. Basically listing reasons free agency can’t be counted on. Money might not work. Term might not work. They may have better offers. They may not want you even though you want them. They might not want to live in Buffalo. He hit every reason he could
The "they might not want to live in Buffalo" excuse is such a cop out. Players don't mind living in Buffalo if they're playing for a real contender, just look at the Bills.

Say it like it is Kevyn, don't hide behind excuses. Players don't want to play for the Buffalo Sabres because they are the longest running joke in hockey.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Gonna be a hard sell to get UFAs to sign here, the city is a dumpster and the team has been awful. Nobody is coming to Buffalo because it's a nice place to live, need the team to at least be competitive...
I <3 Buffalo, but yeah- players aren't lining up to come here until we turn this thing around. It's why if we want any big additions (3rd line C, Top-6 W, and a top-4 D) it'll need to be through trade. Hopefully, he can give a bit more to those gritty 4th line guys in FA, and they decide to come here.

Winning is the only thing that'll cure that, so don't you dare sit on your hands this offseason, Kevyn! Also, reading the breakdown of his interview, it sounds like there is some potential movement in the coming weeks. I'm not going to blow my load over his sentiments in regard to trades falling through, but I understand why fans are tired of that lip service.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
He’s going to make a trade. Way too early for this type of reaction.

Negotiating means not accepting the first offer and pretending you don’t need to make the trade at first. And if there are several options, he’s probably working them all, trying to get the price down for each. Why not, if he has time?
I’m reacting to, “I tried to do my job, my job is hard, so I failed.” I’ve heard that one enough.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
meh, was just his usual GM speak when answering the questions as my eyes were glazing over.
It’s tough to see it for what it is when I’m on here checking things every 20 minutes hoping for trades. Wanted to get mad over the almost trade stuff. But I agree, he’s not doing anything on some radio interview right now other than going through the motions. He’s gotta be working around the clock right now.

Reactions: Sabreality

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Am I crazy to think I would much rather have Lindy be the GM than Adams? I'm hoping Ruff is very involved in this week's activities.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
7.5 mil on a long-term deal for a offense-only winger...60-70 pt guy...is not necessarily "bad", but it sure doesn't jive with the notion of being a Skinner replacement, or with the TT/Cozens contracts, or being a tough playoff team. Then throw in the trade cost aspect. None of it makes sense until you think about him being a target for the Sabres.
Its close to the same Cap % as Cozens and Tage when their deals kicked in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad