GDT: Power Outage. Oilers v Stars, 2 PM on SN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Average (at best) goaltending.

No PK or PP.

No finish on offense.

How is a team supposed to make those ingredients into a recipe for success.

Defense I would even give the team credit for as being average so far this year.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
So now that they scored, do we get to keep blaming Skinner, or does the team need to score 4 every game for it not to be his fault....

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I’m not worried about the Oilers, especially at this point in the season.

But keep this in mind - Players can’t just turn off all the emotions from losing in the Stanley Cup Final last year. In past conversations with opposing team’s media (when I did the NHL media thing in Arizona) after losing in the cup final there’s always players who carried the loss into the following season.

They’ll find their groove. You’ll get a better feel for where they’re at at the 1/3 rd pole of the season. As Bob Stauffer and Gene Principe speculated in the 2nd intermission, there may be a completely different team by the trade deadline. I agree.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oh. Nice. Can’t even give a team down 2 an obvious tripping call. Skinner scores if he wasn’t tripped by Harley

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Average (at best) goaltending.

No PK or PP.

No finish on offense.

How is a team supposed to make those ingredients into a recipe for success.

Defense I would even give the team credit for as being average so far this year.
League average goaltending is in the low 900s or very high 800s. Skinner is basically Georgiev level...

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
It’s still a long season and I’m not doom and gloom at all.

But this team just team just feels like an unbalanced recipe ….

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad