Proposal: Potential trades to address the Oilers’ needs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I agree with OP's sense of Edmonton's needs, but I'm pretty sure we can afford to wait until the trade deadline to go after a top 6 forward or a d-man. I'd address goaltending needs in the off-season.

Reactions: Geardedandbearded

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
the Oilers problem on D have solutions in the pipeline--depending on Broberg develops

The big issue is the same problem oiler fans have been talking about for 2 years--a number 1 goalie

a legit number 1 goalie signed for long term that can steal games.

the only goalie I can think of is Gibson of the Ducks--but whether or not he is available and would take a trade to the oilers (he has 10 team NTC). The Ducks should be rebuilding--so they would want draft picks and young players

the problem is getting the money to work. Gibson is on 6.4 and that mean the oilers need to ship out 6.4mill. To get Gibson out of California is the problem. They would need to take back 2 contracts--Koskinen and 2 mill more--unless we are sending the Ducks all our prospects and 3 first rounders--they are not going to retain

I'm not very interested in Gibson because of health problems. Last thing Edmonton needs is a goalie on a MASSIVE deal that already can't stay healthy 2 years into said deal. All of this assuming he would waive which I highly doubt he would. People very rarely leave California for Edmonton, especially when they sign a no move clause for a reason. This also isn't even getting into the massive haul we'd likely have to send back on top of all this. Likely somewhere around a 1st + RNH (salary reasons)
I would love someone like Georgiev but I'm not sure he wants to sign here long term and the Rangers asking price seems steep at the moment.

We do have 2 decent goaltending prospects in the pipeline so I'm hoping Skinner gets another shot this year. He's a local kid who is only 22 and is dominating at the AHL level. Konovalov needs to get adjusted to the NA game and people still have doubts about his size

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think any needs should be addressed at the trade deadline. If the team is fully healthy then the only need would be a 4C.

Other potential needs could be due to players not living up to expectations like the goaltenders or Yamamoto and of course any injuries that happen.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad