Post your 2024 Draft List

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
Preliminary Top 100- a ranked Top 64, then 65 to 100 are alphabetical. The 65-100 aren’t honourable mentions per se, more players that caught my eye last year and I’m excited to see how they perform in their draft year.

Round 1

1.Macklin Celebrini

2.Ivan Demidov

3.Cole Eiserman

4.Artyom Levshunov

5.Berkley Catton

6.Aron Kiviharju

7.Konsta Helenius

8.Adam Jiricek

9.Michael Brandsegg Nygard

10.Cole Hutson

11.Sam Dickinson

12.Igor Chernyshov

13.Zayne Parekh

14.Maxim Masse

15.Cayden Lindstrom

16.Henry Mews

17.Ryder Ritchie

18.Carter Yakemchuk

19.Christian Humphreys

20.Charlie Elick

21.Beckett Senecke

22.Will Skahan

23.Adam Jecho

24.Kristian Epperson

25.Daniil Ustinkov

26.Michael Hage

27.Kamil Bednarik

28.Sasha Boisvert

29.Emil Hemming

30.Zeev Buium

31.Hiroki Gojsic

32.Simon Zether

Round 2

33.Tanner Howe

34.Justin Poirier

35.Yegor Surin

36.Andrew Basha

37.Alexander Zetterberg

38.Trevor Connelly

39.Anthony Cristofaro

40.Veeti Vaisanen

41.Mac Swanson

42 Sebastian Soini

43.Erik Olsson

44.Anton Silayev

45.Tij Iginla

46.Niilopekka Muhonen

47.Liam Greentree

48.Dominik Badinka

49.Topias Hynninen

50.Paul Mayer

51.Karl Sterner

52.Max Plante

53.Jack Bodin

54.Hugo Zetterlund

55.Eriks Mateiko

56.Gavin Hodnett

57.Leo Sahlin Wahlenius

58.Alfons Freij

59.Riley Patterson

60.Oskar Vuollet

61.Christian Kirsch

62.Tomas Lavoie

63.Tomas Galvas

64.Stian Solberg

The Wait-and-See Tier (Alphabetical 65-100):

Kristers Ansons

Clarke Caswell

Maxmillian Curran

Ben Danford

Lukas Fischer

Jan Golicic

Jesse Heslop

Bruno Idzan

Mitja Jokinen

Ollie Josephson

Marcus Kearsay

Alexander Kim

Ivan Kornilov

Felix Lacerte

Luca Marelli

Ondrej Maruna

Brendan McMorrow

Julius Miettinen

Luke Misa

Anton Olsson

Bryce Pickford

Carson Pilgrim

Lucas Petterson

Yanik Ponzetto

Jamiro Reber

Colton Roberts

Miroslav Satan

Alexander Shen

David Svozil

Adam Titlbach

Lucas Vanvliet

Roope Vesterinen

Nathan Villeneuve

John Whipple

William Zellers

Brodie Ziemmer

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I can't post a concrete list at this point, but I can say that for me Celebrini and Demidov are very close.. and I haven't decided. And Eiserman does not belong in the top 3 right now

I see Matthews comps for Eiserman and that seems pretty outrageous. In his D-1 Matthews was a triple threat.. playmaking, making individual efforts, goal scoring, carrying the puck with excellence. Eiserman in my viewings is extremely one-dimensional and nothing like Matthews. It's not even close to being close. Yeah the shooting is awesome, but the deficiencies elsewhere are very serious. And the combination of being very physically developed and having troubled skating mechanics is definitely not a good one. It limits hope of improvement. If he's going to change my mind I need to see significant improvements in playmaking, puck carrying, creativity. All he does seemingly is shoot pucks his teammates retrieve for him

I was a bit more harsh than @Pavel Buchnevich . I wonder if you think I'm being too harsh

Ohlle

Aug 19, 2017
I can't post a concrete list at this point, but I can say that for me Celebrini and Demidov are very close.. and I haven't decided. And Eiserman does not belong in the top 3 right now

I see Matthews comps for Eiserman and that seems pretty outrageous. In his D-1 Matthews was a triple threat.. playmaking, making individual efforts, goal scoring, carrying the puck with excellence. Eiserman in my viewings is extremely one-dimensional and nothing like Matthews. It's not even close to being close. Yeah the shooting is awesome, but the deficiencies elsewhere are very serious. And the combination of being very physically developed and having troubled skating mechanics is definitely not a good one. It limits hope of improvement. If he's going to change my mind I need to see significant improvements in playmaking, puck carrying, creativity. All he does seemingly is shoot pucks his teammates retrieve for him

I was a bit more harsh than @Pavel Buchnevich . I wonder if you think I'm being too harsh
I just want to point out that it only differs 20 days between Matthews and Eiserman birthdays and what Matthews did his D-1 year doesn't mean much if you want to compare to Eiserman. Actually, if we just look at the numbers for their first season with the US National Team Eiserman got the better ones. Outscoring Matthews in all teams/tournaments.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I just want to point out that it only differs 20 days between Matthews and Eiserman birthdays and what Matthews did his D-1 year doesn't mean much if you want to compare to Eiserman. Actually, if we just look at the numbers for their first season with the US National Team Eiserman got the better ones. Outscoring Matthews in all teams/tournaments.
Eiserman played on one of the top two NTDP classes ever. He had 6 assists for the U18. Matthews outscored in the U18 WJC and he also played in the U20 WJC

Every time Eiserman comes up the main argument is the numbers. That didn't work out too well for Gabe Perreault. #23 was too late for Perreault, but the point is numbers do not necessarily equal value. Dig deeper into Eiserman and there are a lot of deficiencies the talent

Last edited:

Lou Bloom

Oct 14, 2020
If I were picking 1st right now I'd take Demidov. I'd put him right up there with Michkov as a talent. Celebrini is a very good prospect (would put him in the Hischier/Beniers tier of centers) but he doesn't have the offensive creativity and skill of Demidov currently.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
If I were picking 1st right now I'd take Demidov. I'd put him right up there with Michkov as a talent. Celebrini is a very good prospect (would put him in the Hischier/Beniers tier of centers) but he doesn't have the offensive creativity and skill of Demidov currently.
Problem with Demidov is that he has not played much on a serious level.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
MHL is at the very least at the same level as USHL...

And CHL leagues too.

Not getting into the debate of how to rank the leagues, but there's not enough difference between any of them for one to be a serious level and another to not be.

A good measuring stick are U18 national teams which are basically on the same tier with each other (Big 5 or 6).

A few years ago Russia had a version of the NTDP. The team (comprised of all U18s) tied for 5th in the MHL.

The NTDP usually performs well in the USHL but, if I'm not mistaken, always use a whole host of U17 guys. You think a full U18 squad would win the USHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
*throws out super inflammatory opinion*

*immediately closes off debate*
Because it’s besides the point. How you rank the leagues doesn’t matter. They are leagues of the best junior players of Canada, USA, and Russia. These countries are on the same playing field in hockey. It’s not comparing Sweden to Slovenia.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Consensus. MHL/USHL/OHL/WHL/QMJHL/U20 Nationell in the hockey community are considered to be ~equal in level. Welcome to hockey.
Not really. More like

OHL/WHL/USHL
QMJHL
U20 Nationell
MHL

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Based on what?
Serious level is KHL, or international competition. Internationals are not avaliable in the current year, so now, russian players are even more of a mystery box than they used to be.

Consensus. MHL/USHL/OHL/WHL/QMJHL/U20 Nationell in the hockey community are considered to be ~equal in level. Welcome to hockey.

Players jump from MHL to NHL directly?

Because it’s besides the point. How you rank the leagues doesn’t matter. They are leagues of the best junior players of Canada, USA, and Russia. These countries are on the same playing field in hockey. It’s not comparing Sweden to Slovenia.
Is swedish J20 league on the same level as CHL?

Reactions: wetcoast

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I've only seen four players enough to even consider ranking:

1. Demidov
2. Celebrini
3. Kiviharju
4. Eiserman

I really like the first two, lukewarm on the others. My guess is Demidov and Celebrini will stick in my top 3 based on what I've seen, while I have zero clue where the other two will go as I do not feel they are top 5 quality players yet.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Players jump from MHL to NHL directly?
This is impossible because players who are ready to play in NHL at 18 are ready to play in KHL at 17. If McDavid had played his draft year in Russia, he would not have jumped from MHL to NHL, but from KHL to NHL.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I don't know, but the 1.0 PPG guy in MHL was drafted 12th this year. These leagues may differ slightly in level, but no more.
All these leagues are relatively equal. There might exist some slight separation, but it’s not exactly the NCAA vs NAHL here.

To claim that players in these leagues aren't facing quality junior competition is to live in fantasy land.
I definitely agree. But there are differences.

Anyway, it’s off-topic for this thread.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
This is impossible because players who are ready to play in NHL at 18 are ready to play in KHL at 17. If McDavid had played his draft year in Russia, he would not have jumped from MHL to NHL, but from KHL to NHL.
You are proving my point

613Hockey

Jan 21, 2022
Ottawa, ON
I know the 2023 draft hasn‘t even been done yet, but I think that it would be interesting to talk about the 2024 NHL draft.

This thread‘s purpose is to gather all your rankings throughout the next year, so you can see how your views on certain players changed throughout time.

I’ll start off the thread with a top-64 feel free to use it as a baseline for yours.

here are my initial thoughts for the draft. It is a clear top 4 in my opinion, all 4 guys could have a claim at the title by seasons end. Demidov is unlikely because of him being Russian but he is very talented.

if you need a defender, THIS is the class. it is one of the deepest blueline draft I can ever remember. honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if 5 of the top-10 consist of defenders when all is said and done.

I’d like to point out that Norway has never had an NHL draft pick selected higher than 42nd overall, and they have never produced a first round pick. This year the country has 2 of the best prospects the nation has ever produced in Michael Brandsegg Nygard and Stian Solberg who could both be first rounders. It’ll be an interesting storyline to follow moving forward for the nation.
  1. Macklin Celebrini
  2. Cole Eiserman
  3. Ivan Demidov
  4. Berkley Catton
  5. Sam Dickinson
  6. Konsta Helenius
  7. Artyom Levshunov
  8. Cole Hutson
  9. Maxim Masse
  10. Adam Jiricek
  11. Sacha Boisvert
  12. Henry Mews