Post Your 2022 Draft List

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Stopped by to see if the usual woes of North Americans with evaluating Russians are going away. Nope, they are here to stay. A bunch of awful takes. The real problem though is they will be again refected in the actual draft.

Let's make a list of usual NA failures when evaluating Russians:

1.Lack of actual scouting/information/insight on players playing in Russia. Most of it seems to follow some takes and hypes published by NA based experts who don't really know much about hockey in Russia and so they copypaste eachother's wild guesses. Prime examples last draft: Svechkov over Chibrikov and hype around Poltapov. This time around I see the exact same with Miroshnichenko over Yurov. And a hype around Trikozov. He seems to be this year's Poltapov.

2.Partially because of 1. overrating Russians playing in NA leagues. Example: Gazizov over Perevalov. Really?

3.The usual NA bias. I get the Savoie hype and it's a pity I won't get to see him at the WJC. I somewhat get the C preference, still I don't see particularily Wright(on Savoie I would need more input) ahead of guys like Yurov or Kemell. They are Canadians. That's all what makes them "better"? Also that much "better" that the aforementioned non-Canadian prospects end up outside the Top10 on many lists behind NA players who I hardly see on their level.

Well at least Canadian prospects stay at home to develop right?

Your general biased post (and perspective often cited on these boards) here brings nothing to the table as most posters here or even professional scouts can't be very accurate across either ocean and without reference points which is the biggest factor with some Russian prospects who play in weird situations like the KHL with little of no ice time then shuffle up and down lineups that change hourly in across 3 different leagues.

Yurov and Kemell are fine prospects and are in the mix for top 5 but they also really haven't done enough to separate themselves from Savioe who aside from having an incredible draft season, has the skillset to be an excellent pro at a premium position.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Stopped by to see if the usual woes of North Americans with evaluating Russians are going away. Nope, they are here to stay. A bunch of awful takes. The real problem though is they will be again refected in the actual draft.

Let's make a list of usual NA failures when evaluating Russians:

1.Lack of actual scouting/information/insight on players playing in Russia. Most of it seems to follow some takes and hypes published by NA based experts who don't really know much about hockey in Russia and so they copypaste eachother's wild guesses. Prime examples last draft: Svechkov over Chibrikov and hype around Poltapov. This time around I see the exact same with Miroshnichenko over Yurov. And a hype around Trikozov. He seems to be this year's Poltapov.

2.Partially because of 1. overrating Russians playing in NA leagues. Example: Gazizov over Perevalov. Really?

3.The usual NA bias. I get the Savoie hype and it's a pity I won't get to see him at the WJC. I somewhat get the C preference, still I don't see particularily Wright(on Savoie I would need more input) ahead of guys like Yurov or Kemell. They are Canadians. That's all what makes them "better"? Also that much "better" that the aforementioned non-Canadian prospects end up outside the Top10 on many lists behind NA players who I hardly see on their level.

Well, where's your list?

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Here’s my end of the year top 10

1- Savoie
2- Wright
3- Lambert
4- Nemec
5- Geekie
6- Kemell
7- Slafkovski
8- Yurov
9- Jiricek
10- Nazar

Last edited:
Reactions: NotProkofievian

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, where's your list?
I can't make one because as I stated numerous times on this board I don't follow other nations's prospects.

What I can see though are blatant misevaluations of russian prospects as in comparing them to eachother and as in overvalueing some overhyped prospects or burrying some for no reason.

If you go through this thread you will find a lot of Miroshnichenko over Yurov, a lot of Miroshnichenko in the Top10 or even Top5, Trikozov in the top half of the 1st round all of which are crazy bad takes. And if was only a this year's issue it wouldn't be a huge probĺem. But it happens every year and it happens at the actual NHL draft too.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well at least Canadian prospects stay at home to develop right?

Your general biased post (and perspective often cited on these boards) here brings nothing to the table as most posters here or even professional scouts can't be very accurate across either ocean and without reference points which is the biggest factor with some Russian prospects who play in weird situations like the KHL with little of no ice time then shuffle up and down lineups that change hourly in across 3 different leagues.

Yurov and Kemell are fine prospects and are in the mix for top 5 but they also really haven't done enough to separate themselves from Savioe who aside from having an incredible draft season, has the skillset to be an excellent pro at a premium position.
What does anything of this has to do with canadian prospects? They can fly to the Moon if they want. I don't care. You are bringing nothing but canadian bias to the table.

Part of it is in that very post. The canadian ignorance calling the KHL weird. If you don't know or understand how something works it's "weird" and wrong to you. Just the usual intolerant inability to make an effort to understand a bigger diverse world. Even in something so insignificant as hockey.

If NA scouts are too lazy or incapable of doing their job, no matter in which league and under which circumstances you should lay you canadian bias aside and acknowledge it. I know we here in Russia are walking backwards and the gravity constant is different for Russia because Putin and communism and reasons:sarcasm:

Reactions: Luc Poitras

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
I can't make one because as I stated numerous times on this board I don't follow other nations's prospects.

What I can see though are blatant misevaluations of russian prospects as in comparing them to eachother and as in overvalueing some overhyped prospects or burrying some for no reason.

If you go through this thread you will find a lot of Miroshnichenko over Yurov, a lot of Miroshnichenko in the Top10 or even Top5, Trikozov in the top half of the 1st round all of which are crazy bad takes. And if was only a this year's issue it wouldn't be a huge probĺem. But it happens every year and it happens at the actual NHL draft too.

What would be your ranking of the Russian prospects only then?

Reactions: Gyfu

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What does anything of this has to do with canadian prospects? They can fly to the Moon if they want. I don't care. You are bringing nothing but canadian bias to the table.

I'll try to bring my contributions up to your standard...wait already have as that bar is so low.

Part of it is in that very post. The canadian ignorance calling the KHL weird. If you don't know or understand how something works it's "weird" and wrong to you. Just the usual intolerant inability to make an effort to understand a bigger diverse world. Even in something so insignificant as hockey.

It's not Canadian ignorance, the NHL draft is scouting for future NHLers and it's harder for any scouts anywhere to determine how players are doing with little ice time in the KHL and really large roster swings, therefore different lineups and variables to account for.

If you watch any prospect and one of them players 3 different levels with 20 or 30 different lineups and revolving opponent lineups versus another prospect with more stable lineup and opponents that scout doesn't have to try to account for those variables.

Take these 3 prospects for instance.

Savoie, Yurov and Miroshnichenko who are all top talents in thsi years draft.

Scouting for skillsets is easy enough but how it's going to translate in game to the nHL is what scouts really need to get right.

Savoie playes in a tradionl feeder to the NHL, scouts have some basis point to equate draft year production to skillset to possible NHL projection with Savoie.

Yurov is playing in the KHL exclusively this year with little ice time and zero production on a more varied lineup and oppostion lineup than Savoie is so that's an additional variable for the scout to account for and more possible risk as well.

Miroshnichenko is playing in the VHL and one game in the MHL, in the VHL the vareity of lineup and ages of the players are also now another variable.

Now scouts have to project on different variables here once again between him and Yurov then another guy like Savoie in a more traditional and stable development arena.

This isn't ignorance or Canadian bias or any of that other garbage you are continually throwing out there, it's reality for NHL prospects.

NHL teams don't care at all where their players come from, when drafting they are playing an odds game or percentage game based on reality.

If NA scouts are too lazy or incapable of doing their job, no matter in which league and under which circumstances you should lay you canadian bias aside and acknowledge it. I know we here in Russia are walking backwards and the gravity constant is different for Russia because Putin and communism and reasons:sarcasm:

Someone is living in your head rent free comrade.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Well since you don't want to play the game, this thread is about 2022 draft lists then perhaps your efforts are better contained to threads about Russian prospects and since you don't follow other nations prospects that input will be very minimal.

NHL scouts, heck scouts in any region for any set of players have differing opinions at different times, your analysis of others who disagree with you tells more about your issues than any scouting ones or draft comparisons.

You don't see prominent scouts (or even most posters here) calling out other scouts for crazy bad takes when they disagree with each other do you?

It's called professional courtesy and civility.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
New year list:
1. Wright
2. Savoie
3. Kemell
4. Jiricek
5. Nemec
6. Cooley
7. Yurov
8. Slafkovsky
9. Lambert
10. Geekie
HM: McGroarty, Chesley, Kasper

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'd have Wright #1. Bedard #2, and Michkov #3. Center over Winger. I think thats the biggest difference with the first two ahead of Michkov, although I also find that Michkov skates the worst of the three. Wright over Bedard because Wright has good size already. Bedard might not be much bigger than Jack Hughes, which could cause him to move off the position eventually. He has time though, so it's too early to know. For now though, I'm taking Wright over the other two.
Pavel, I'm curious as to how the last ~6 months have impacted your rankings of these 3?

I feel like Wright shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto

Maybe help us with our lists then. Where would you put these three Russian juniors: Ilya Kvochko, Viktor Neuchev, Raul Yakupov. I am guessing each is likely later-rounder, but I know zilch about them. Anything you like?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pavel, I'm curious as to how the last ~6 months have impacted your rankings of these 3?

I feel like Wright shouldn't even be in the conversation.

I plan on having my next 2022 rankings by the end of the week. I was planning for it after the World Juniors, and then that was cancelled. 2023 is probably coming in March. Need to watch those players more before I feel capable of that.

But to answer your question, I think I would drop Wright a little. Not as much as you have. Bedard I would probably also drop a little. Michkov probably has risen a little. How it all comes together?

Michkov/Wright
Bedard

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I plan on having my next 2022 rankings by the end of the week. I was planning for it after the World Juniors, and then that was cancelled. 2023 is probably coming in March. Need to watch those players more before I feel capable of that.

But to answer your question, I think I would drop Wright a little. Not as much as you have. Bedard I would probably also drop a little. Michkov probably has risen a little. How it all comes together?

Michkov/Wright
Bedard
So you would still take Wright over Bedard? Interesting. It seemed clear as day at the WJC that Bedard was on another level than Wright.

Reactions: supermann_98

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So you would still take Wright over Bedard? Interesting. It seemed clear as day at the WJC that Bedard was on another level than Wright.

SSS. Both have had weaker seasons with their club. Wright still has the projection in his favor, although I think there are some small questions about his ceiling if this level of play continues. I’m not convinced Bedard is a center yet, which impacts potential long term value. And if he only produces goals and points at the rate he has this year, that also is worrying for his long term projection.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
SSS. Both have had weaker seasons with their club. Wright still has the projection in his favor, although I think there are some small questions about his ceiling if this level of play continues. I’m not convinced Bedard is a center yet, which impacts potential long term value. And if he only produces goals and points at the rate he has this year, that also is worrying for his long term projection.

A 49 goal full season pace on a bad team as a 16 year old is worrying?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I’ve watched a lot of CHL and USHL this season. I haven’t been able to watch many European games. And while I did watch every WJC game, it was a tiny sample. I do have last years U20s and the U18s to go off of though.

So everyone should obviously take my list with a grain of salt. I’m mostly going off of USHL and CHL hockey, here. Also, there’s a ton of hockey left, and I expect my list will fluctuate A LOT. Especially given I’ll probably cave in and adjust to the consensus mean a bit. Ultimately I’m a sheep. ;)

1. Shane Wright
2. Logan Cooley
3. Matthew Savoie
4. Simon Nemec
5. Conor Geekie
6. Cutter Gauthier
7. Juraj Slafkovsky
8. Joakim Kemell
9. Denton Mateychuk
10. David Jiricek
11. Frank Nazar
12. Ty Nelson
13. Brad Lambert
14. Danila Yurov
15. Nathan Gaucher
16. Ivan Miroshnichenko

I’ll stop at the first half of the first round for now. I’m sure I’ve made people upset enough with just the first 16 - LOL. :)

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Current

1. Shane Wright
2. Matthew Savoie
3. Logan Cooley
4. Danila Yurov
5. Brad Lambert
6. Joakim Kemell
7. Simon Nemec
8. Frank Nazar
9. Rutger McGroarty
10. David Jiricek
11. Marco Kasper
12. Denton Mateychuk
13. Noah Ostlund
14. Ivan Miroshnichenko
15. Simon Forsmark
16. Juraj Slavkovsky
17. Connor Geekie
18. Tristan Luneau
19. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
20. Isaac Howard
21. Ryan Chesley
22. Gleb Trikozov
23. Filip Mesar
24. Cutter Gauthier
25. Artyom Duda
26. Jimmy Snuggerud
27. Alexander Perevalov
28. Filip Bystedt
29. Liam Ohgren
30. Arseni Koromyslov
31. Elias Salomonsson
32. Liam Bichsel

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Bored this morning, so time for a new updated first round from me:
1. Wright
2. Savoie
3. Kemmell
4. Jiricek
5. Nemec
6. Yurov
7. Cooley
8. Slafkovsky
9. Lambert
10. Geekie
11. McGroarty
12. Kasper
13. Luneau
14. Nazar
15. Miroschnichenko
16. Chesley
17. Mateychuk
18. Howard
19. Lekkerimaki
20. Casey
21. Gaucher
22. Nelson
23. Mesar
24. Ohgren
25. Salomonsson
26. Korchinski
27. Ostlund
28. McConnel-Barker
29. Bystedt
30. Gauthier
31. Pickering
32. Ludwinski

Reactions: SimGrindcore

Koira666

Jun 3, 2019
  1. Matt Savoie
  2. Shane Wright
  3. Logan Cooley
  4. Joakim Kemell
  5. Juraj Slafkovsky
  6. Simon Nemec
  7. Conor Geekie
  8. David Jiricek
  9. Danila Yurov
  10. Ivan Miroshnichenko
  11. Denton Mateychuck
  12. Brad Lambert
  13. Ty Nelson
  14. Tristan Luneau
  15. Rutger McGroarty
  16. Isaac Howard
  17. Seamus Casey
  18. Nathan Gaucher
  19. Jonathan Lekkerimäki
  20. Frank Nazar
  21. Marco Kasper
  22. Filip Mesar
  23. Pavel Mintyukov
  24. Ryan Chesley
  25. Cutter Gauthier
  26. Jordan Dumais
  27. Elias Salomonsson
  28. Jack Hughes
  29. Owen Pickering
  30. Jimmy Snuggerud
  31. Jani Nyman
  32. Liam Öhgren

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Take this with a boulder of salt. While I've seen most of the guys on this list multiple times, a handful of these takes are based a little too heavily on Twitter highlights and opinions I've read or heard from various sources around the internet. Players lumped in tiers are basically on the same level for me. You could push me in any direction on those guys. Also note that this is a personal ranking and not a mock draft.
  1. LW Juraj Slafkovský
  2. LC Logan Cooley
  3. LC Marco Kasper
    ---
  4. RC Shane Wright
  5. LC Cutter Gauthier
  6. LD Pavel Mintyukov
  7. RD Šimon Nemec
  8. LD Lian Bichsel
  9. LC Noah Östlund
  10. RW Jonathan Lekkerimäki
    ---
  11. RC Matthew Savoie
  12. RW Joakim Kemell
  13. RD David Jiříček
  14. LC Jiří Kulich
  15. LC Danila Yurov
  16. RC Frank Nazar Ⅲ
  17. RW Jimmy Snuggerud
  18. RC Conor Geekie
  19. LW Liam Öhgren
  20. LD Kevin Korchinski
    --
  21. LD Owen Pickering
  22. RC Filip Mešár
  23. RW Adam Sykora
  24. RD Ryan Chesley
  25. LC Danny Zhilkin
  26. LD Calle Odelius
  27. RC Nathan Gaucher
  28. RC Gleb Trikozov
  29. LW Matyáš Šapovaliv
  30. RD Elias Salomonsson
  31. LC Rutger McGroarty
    --
  32. RW Nikita Grebyonkin
  33. LC Luca Del Bel Belluz
  34. LW Ivan Miroshnichenko
  35. LW Isaac "Ike" Howard
  36. LD Denton Mateychuk
  37. RC Brad Lambert
  38. RW Devin Kaplan
  39. RC Vinzenz Rohrer
  40. LW Kirill Dolzhenkov
  41. LW Viktor Neuchev
  42. GT Topias Leinonen
  43. LD Lane Hutson
  44. RW Jagger Firkus
    --
  45. LW Jani Nyman
  46. LC Paul Ludwinski
  47. LW Julian Lutz
  48. RD Sam Rinzel
  49. LC Rieger Lorenz
  50. LC Topi Rönni
  51. LC David Goyette
  52. RC Owen Beck
  53. LD Artyom Duda
  54. LD Arseni Koromyslov
  55. RD Tristan Luneau
  56. LD Vladimir Grudinin
  57. LD Tomas Hamara
  58. LW Samuel Savoie
    --
  59. LC Cedrick Guindon
  60. RD Maveric Lamoureux
  61. LD Mats Lindgren
  62. LD Alexander Pelevin
  63. RC Liam Arnsby
  64. LC Ilya Kvochko

HM: RD Seamus Casey, RW Vasili Dronyk, RD Michael Fisher, RW Maddox Fleming, LD Simon Forsmark, LW Jordan Gustafson, RW Linus Hemström, LW Jack Hughes, LC Jake Karabela, LC Aleksanteri Kaskimäki, RD Christian Kyrou, LD Kasper Larsen, LW Brandon Lisowsky, RW Cruz Lucius, RD Michael Mastrodomenico, LW Adam Měchura, RC Logan Morrison, RD Ty Nelson, LW Alexander Perevalov, LC Ludwig Persson, RC Matthew Poitras, LC Markus Vidicek

*updated: 2022.05.05 - Matthew Savoie ↑, Joakim Kemell ↑, Gleb Trikozov ↓
***updated: 2022.05.22 - Cutter Gauthier ↑, Ivan Miroshnichenko ↑, Juraj Slafkovsky ↑
****updated: 2022.06.03 - Owen Beck ↑, Denton Mateychuk ↑, Sam Rinzel ↓
*****updated: 2022.07.06 - Lane Hutson ↑, Luca Del Bel Belluz ↑, Aleksanteri Kaskimäki ↓

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Tell me who I should have higher: Ostlund, Bystedt, or Ohgren?
Or maybe, tell me who I should have last!

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
January update. Next one will be March or April.

2022 Draft List:

1. Shane Wright-C
2. Matthew Savoie-C
3. Brad Lambert-C
4. Ryan Chesley-RD
5. David Jiricek-RD
6. Danila Yurov-W
7. Ivan Miroshnichenko-W
8. Rutger McGroarty-C
9. Logan Cooley-C
10. Simon Nemec-RD
11. Joakim Kemell-W
12. Conor Geekie-C
13. Jonathan Lekkerimaki-W
14. Cutter Gauthier-C
15. Noah Oestlund-C
16. Seamus Casey-RD
17. Tristan Luneau-RD
18. Ryan Greene-C
19. Lane Hutson-LD
20. Juraj Slafkovsky-W
21. Topias Leinonen-G
22. Jack Hughes-C
23. Alexander Perevalov-W
24. Frank Nazar-W
25. Isaac Howard-W
26. Jiri Kulich-C
27. Denton Mateychuk-LD
28. Elias Salomonsson-RD
29. Arseni Koromyslov-LD
30. Filip Mesar-W
31. Maddox Fleming-C
32. Pavel Mintyukov-LD
33. Ryan Healey-RD
34. Nathan Gaucher-C
35. Noah Warren-RD
36. Danny Zhilkin-C
37. Devin Kaplan-W
38. Ty Nelson-RD
39. Tyler Dunbar-LD
40. Topi Ronni-C
41. Kirill Kudryavtsev-LD
42. Liam Oehgren-W
43. Mats Lindgren-LD
44. Sam Rinzel-RD
45. Simon Slavichek-W
46. Sergei Ivanov-G
47. Tyler Brenann-G
48. Mattias Havelid-RD
49. Kasper Kulonummi-RD
50. Marco Kasper-C
51. Artyom Duda-LD
52. Quinn Finley-C
53. Jimmy Snuggerud-C
54. Ludvig Persson-W
55. Calle Odelius-LD
56. Ilya Kvochko-C
57. Ludvig Jansson-RD
58. Lian Bichsel-LD
59. Alexander Suzdalev-W
60. Michael Mastrodomenico-RD
61. Simon Forsmark-LD
62. Tyler Duke-LD
63. Noah Greuter-W
64. Filip Bystedt-C

HM’s (32 un-ranked players approximates a third round): Raul Yakupov (W), Tomas Hamara(LD), Otto Salin(RD), Julian Lutz(W), Antonin Verreault(W), Vladimir Grudinin(LD), Vladislav Sapunov(RD), Jordan Dumais(W), Pano Fimis(C), Brandon Lisowsky(W), Matthew Ward(W), Paul Ludwinski(C), Bryce McConnell-Barker(C), Rastislav Elias(G), Gabriel Kangas(C), Matyas Sapovaliv(C), Justin Cote(W), Jake Livanavage (LD), Charlie Leddy (RD), Dylan Silverstein(G), Hudson Thornton(LD), Jordan Gustafson(C), Helmer Styf(C), Cole Spicer(C), David Goyette(C), Miko Matikka(W), Kevin Korcinski(LD), Fabian Wagner(C), Semyon Sityakin(W), Josef Viliam Kmec(RD), Dylan James (W), Owen Pickering (LD)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This early my list looks like this. Only two or three views for most of these guys.

1. Wright C
2. Lambert C
3. Geekie C
4. Jiricek RD

5. Yurov W/C
6. Kemell W
7. Savoie C

8. Slafkovsky W
9. Nemec RD
10. Cooley C

11. Miroshnichenko W
12. Pickering LD
13. Casey RD
14. Trikozov W
15. Mesar W

A lot of guys are unlisted just because I haven't seen them. The only guys that I've seen that I didn't like enough to list were Salomonsson and Lekkerimaki. And then Nazar and Howard are more like mid-to-late 1sts for me, I don't care enough to rank them yet but they are okay.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad