Speculation: Post Draft 2024 Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I didn't realize traffic on the way to the Sphere would be this bad. At this rate I'm gonna be inside in the middle of us being on the clock.

• Wow
Reactions: ff8

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
My question for all the Zeev fans. If he’s the #1 ranked defenseman 2 way Norris caliber player that you all fantasize about... why isn’t Chicago taking him and instead rumored to be locked in on Lev. Surely they both can’t be the best.
Hard to tell exactly.
In the year 2012, CBJ took Murray and NYI took Griffin Reinhart right before Reilly and Lindholm and they felt very strong about their picks.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Hard to tell exactly.
In the year 2012, CBJ took Murray and NYI took Griffin Reinhart right before Reilly and Lindholm and they felt very strong about their picks.
Speaking of that draft - I see Demidov falling like Forsberg tonight. Consistently top 3 ranked, falls to early 10’s due to question marks whether his game will translate. It could also make sense as to why San Jose traded up so early

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Not a single soul saw Forsberg dropping to the caps and same with Lindholm, I could see Yakemchuk being a Lindholm like pick tonight where it is a big WTF? moment for a lot of fans who didn’t do their homework

ducknuts

Jul 8, 2023
If our scouts pick Ronald McDonald, I'm trusting them until proven otherwise. They hit their top picks. I'm much more pessimistic about other picks, not the top one. They constantly do them right, have to give them credit, let them cook.
Especially on D.

Reactions: Kalv

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
This may have been mentioned already, but the Panthers just won the Cup and their two biggest D men were large pylons during the postseason (Ekblad and Mikkola). The rest of their D corps are all either small or slender, based on the height/weight requirement some people seem to have. Forsling, Montour, and Kulikov are all average size or smaller, while Ekman-Larsson is somewhat tall but thin. And as a whole, that's not a particularly physical defense. They're not all soft, but there are no mean bruisers there.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
1) from an entertainment point of view all this misdirection is so entertaining - I hope our pick doesn’t get credibly “leaked” so to speak

2) don’t really know how to say it but after 6 years of drafting really high it makes sense that we are likely about to spend a high pick on a somewhat redundant piece. It doesn’t mean whoever it is can’t be a foundational piece for the team. It’s just kind of a boutique pick which will set the tone for what area of our team gets high end depth

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Zeev, welcome to Anaheim.

The Ducks are walking away with the best defenseman in the draft.

I’d encourage everyone to read this article: Meet Zeev Buium, who could be the NHL’s next Jewish superstar - Jewish Telegraphic Agency

PS - Zeev has jumped to +300 at BetMGM.
Great article. I recently learned that there is some Jewish ancestry on my moms side of family from Mexico. Apparently my great grandfather was Jewish and my great grandma was Indigenous mexican native and could speak her tribes language. There is actually alot of jewish communities in mexico I learned and its the only other country besides Israel where the jewish population is growing instead of declining.

I hope Zeev succeeds in the NHL whether it be with Anaheim or other teams, I really hope there isn't gonna be people boycotting his selection by whichever team selects him. Kid has nothing to do with what other countries and governments are doing and he was born in this country while his parents are from Israel.

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
I will say, I think the most dissapointing outcome for me would be them reaching for Sennecke.

Not only because I'm not a fan of the player at 3, but because it wouldn't even be a surprise.

I'm rooting for Demidov, and hoping that Verbeek shocks everyone and takes him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I will say, I think the most dissapointing outcome for me would be them reaching for Sennecke.

Not only because I'm not a fan of the player at 3, but because it wouldn't even be a surprise.

I'm rooting for Demidov, and hoping that Verbeek shocks everyone and takes him.
I don't like him at 3.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
If our scouts pick Ronald McDonald, I'm trusting them until proven otherwise.

Talk about a late riser. How's his skating?

mcdonalds_hockey_3.jpg

Reactions: Kalv

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
So now it's Sennecke? I was all excited about Buium! Buium just felt right for some reason. But I can get behind Sennecke, although I'd like even more for the Ducks to trade down and grab him a few picks later if they can.

Reactions: Deuce22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad