WC: Poland 2024 roster talk.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Just shows the depth they have.

You exegeratte how bad Poland is. Sure, poles dont have any big stars but they are well coached, gritty and good organized. The games against France, Kazakstan, Sweden is 50-50
50-50 against Sweden. Okay. I'm fine with trolling.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Not trolling. Why would Poland not have a chance against Sweden? Ur fellow pole, legionnista, agrees with me. He said earlier in the thread that Poland will give Sweden a good fight. That user has alot of knowledge of Polish hockey.
More than one person believes that earth is flat. Does it make it more true? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Not trolling. Why would Poland not have a chance against Sweden? Ur fellow pole, legionnista, agrees with me. He said earlier in the thread that Poland will give Sweden a good fight. That user has alot of knowledge of Polish hockey.
You know aswell as everyone that sweden will pound Poland harder than piper perri this year just stop it.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I actually think we'll give Sweden a good game, yes we'll lose but it won't be embarrassing.

I'm more worried about game vs USA, I think we're not prepared for the physicality they will unleash and we'll end up losing something like 10-1

You know aswell as everyone that sweden will pound Poland harder than piper perri this year just stop it.

well..

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Or they went with someone who is better defensively
This just makes you look clueless on the topic.

They have NEVER done it before but now they do? Get rid of their best player of the last what, 2 decades? He wore the 'C' for them in the friendly games (you can find photos on his IG) and played in the top-6 in all of those. The man has played and still plays at the level most Polish players can only dream of, he didn't get there by being replaceable by some Polish league grinder supposedly good at something.

Anyway, the whole conversation is mute as he is/was one of the 12 forwards on the final roster. So if he really was replaced, although this is just speculation at this point, it must be for emergency reasons. But considering the season he had, some nagging injury reappearing isn't that unlikely.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Maybe Chmielewski not fully healthy? To be cut completely would be hard to imagine another reason.
he is healthy, but completely unprepared physically. even during short shifts, he breathes as if he were in a pre-fainting state and struggles to return to the bench. his individual performances, often unsuccessful, could only happen when Aron was in a good shape and in the rhythm of the game. one bad look/turnover in return for five good individual efforts its still a fair deal. now he is out of shape, physically unprepared, and there's another factor that may or may not have significance - it's just my speculation. anyone who has had the opportunity to be close to the national team or knows people who are close to the national team (which is not difficult in a country where hockey is not very popular) knows that Chmielewski has never been, is not, and will never be liked by his teammates. he's a very specific guy with a big ego, whose success (playing in Czech Extraliga for a Pole is a success regardless of the circumstances) made him start behaving among his teammates as if he had just returned from the Stanley Cup finals after scoring a hat-trick on Shesterkin in game 7. and 90% of our NT are just regular guys who simply want to have a good time doing what they enjoy, not necessarily in the company of someone very presuming. i'll keep the exact comments of some of the guys from the team that i met in one of the Krakow bars to myself, but i can assure you that unlike their words, my comment about Chmielewski is very, very polite and controversy-free

E: final decision is tomorrow tho, after the game against Denmark, so we'll see

Reactions: Playmaker82

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This all makes sense to me but when skill difference is that great most teams tend to take "passengers" and just to make them work somehow, Skachkov with Romania just few days ago was a great example although obviously there are many.

But yeah, you can speculate from some point it isn't worth it and his ego might be too big to just be used sparingly and he isn't a good option as a 13th forward who just hangs around the team if he isn't well-liked. Having said that, taking away an opportunity from the player who has been your best for so long, who has always prided himself on representing the NT and came whenever he could after tough PO series with no rest at all, would really be pulling the rug from under him.

To briefly go back to the "defensive deficiencies" part, I mean they are taking Patrik Wronka so Chmielewski, at least when fit, is a damn Selke winner compared to that man.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
This all makes sense to me but when skill difference is that great most teams tend to take "passengers" and just to make them work somehow, Skachkov with Romania just few days ago was a great example although obviously there are many.

But yeah, you can speculate from some point it isn't worth it and his ego might be too big to just be used sparingly and he isn't a good option as a 13th forward who just hangs around the team if he isn't well-liked. Having said that, taking away an opportunity from the player who has been your best for so long, who has always prided himself on representing the NT and came whenever he could after tough PO series with no rest at all, would really be pulling the rug from under him.

To briefly go back to the "defensive deficiencies" part, I mean they are taking Patrik Wronka so Chmielewski, at least when fit, is a damn Selke winner compared to that man.
yeah, Wronka can't even spell "backchecking". additionally, he's a terrible slacker, of course, keeping things in proportion - no lazy person becomes a professional athlete. nevertheless, for an athlete, he's an incredible slacker. he tried his luck in better leagues than our polish PHL, but he returned to the country for his convenience (not saying it's a bad thing lol). it just turned out that in better leagues, decent talent isn't enough (and he always had more talent than 95% of polish players), you also need to put in hard work both during games and at practice, which he was never inclined to do, as you can see with the naked eye - Wronka just loves to slide around aimlessly, pretending to be involved in physical play along the boards (especially as a small dude which always excites the fans), but as long as he scores goals, everything is fine, and it comes easily to him in the PHL

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Fraszko and Kapica were cut? Wow.
They’re not on the roster at EP.
While those are somewhat surprising, last year was the first and only time Fraszko played in the WC and Kapica hasn't played in it since 2019. Those guys were far from being locks.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Fraszko is very obviously still on the team though judging from the goal he just scored :sarcasm: EP lists seem to be a bit dodgy this year. They make cuts before the teams do.

Reactions: Eye of Ra and Hanji

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Final roster

Bramkarze:
Tomas Fucik (GKS Tychy), John Murray (GKS Katowice), David Zabolotny(EHC Freiburg, DEL2)

Obrońcy:Mateusz Bryk, Bartosz Ciura (obaj GKS Tychy), Paweł Dronia(Ravensburg Towerstars, DEL2), Kamil Górny, Marcin Kolusz, ArkadiuszKostek, Patryk Wajda (wszyscy JKH GKS Jastrzębie), Maciej Kruczek,Jakub Wanacki (obaj GKS Katowice)

Napastnicy:Krystian Dziubiński (Re-PlastUnia Oświęcim), Patryk Krężołek (Zagłębie Sosnowiec), AlanŁyszczarczyk, Filip Komorski (obaj GKS Tychy), Krzysztof Maciaś(Prince Albert Raiders, WHL), Bartosz Fraszko, Mateusz Michalski,Grzegorz Pasiut (wszyscy GKS Katowice), Dominik Paś, MaciejUrbanowicz (wszyscy JKH GKS Jastrzębie), Kamil Wałęga (HC OcelariTrinec, ekstraliga Czechy), Patryk Wronka (Podhale Nowy Targ), PawełZygmunt (HC Litvinov, ekstraliga Czechy)

Reactions: Eye of Ra

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
For the record, I never said Poland has a chance to win against Sweden, especially seeing now they're bringing something like 18 NHL'ers. We'll put up a fight, but no way in hell we're winning, hopefully we can keep Sweden to under 10 goals.

Poland's assignment is clear, try to get some points off France and Kazakhstan to stay up and don't get too embarrassed vs. the top 10 teams.

In the last two warm up games Poland lost 6-1 to Slovakia, they came out very nervous and intimidated in the first period and gave up 4 quick ones, after that it was much closer.

In the other game vs. Denmark, Poland lost 3-1 but the game was very even, Poland outshot the Danes 26-16.

I do think if Poland plays to the maximum of their abilities and stays disciplined we can get a result vs. France and Kazakhstan, hopefully it will be enough to stay up.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
For the record, I never said Poland has a chance to win against Sweden, especially seeing now they're bringing something like 18 NHL'ers. We'll put up a fight, but no way in hell we're winning, hopefully we can keep Sweden to under 10 goals.

Poland's assignment is clear, try to get some points off France and Kazakhstan to stay up and don't get too embarrassed vs. the top 10 teams.

In the last two warm up games Poland lost 6-1 to Slovakia, they came out very nervous and intimidated in the first period and gave up 4 quick ones, after that it was much closer.

In the other game vs. Denmark, Poland lost 3-1 but the game was very even, Poland outshot the Danes 26-16.

I do think if Poland plays to the maximum of their abilities and stays disciplined we can get a result vs. France and Kazakhstan, hopefully it will be enough to stay up.
Is Murray still nr 1 goalie?

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I’ll honestly be shocked if they don’t lose 15-1 against 75 percent of the rest of the group.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I’ll honestly be shocked if they don’t lose 15-1 against 75 percent of the rest of the group.
Imo you need to prepare to be shocked. Poland probably is the weakest team in Elite since ...emm... they were here the last time 20 something years ago. But besides USA game I think it is unlikely Poland with Murray in net allows double digit scores.

Reactions: Summer Rose

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Imo you need to prepare to be shocked. Poland probably is the weakest team in Elite since ...emm... they were here the last time 20 something years ago. But besides USA game I think it is unlikely Poland with Murray in net allows double digit scores.
Meh, they're no worse than the Great Britain's, Italy's, Hungary's, etc. of recent years who played in the Elite. In 2019 Italy gave up 48 goals and somehow stayed up.

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
I think that title has to go to Korea Republic's showing in 2018, goal difference of -44 which included a 13-1 drumming against the US.

Poland may struggle but unlike the Koreans have fighting chances of winning in I would say two of their games,and as you said probably won't be shipping 10+ goals a game either.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I think that title has to go to Korea Republic's showing in 2018, goal difference of -44 which included a 13-1 drumming against the US.

Poland may struggle but unlike the Koreans have fighting chances of winning in I would say two of their games,and as you said probably won't be shipping 10+ goals a game either.
I'm not predicting the eventual showing, just purely looking at the rosters on paper. I'd easily take that Korea roster over Poland due to six Canadians on their roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad