Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
If you look at the Washington board it is identical to ours, it's actually quite funny how similar they feel about their front office and future.

All the exact same arguments going on there.

But man... 7 years of Dubois, I'm unsure if they really get it over there.
We are just in Winnipeg's position this time without the reward of Vilardi :P This is additional by subtraction knowing exactly what we are getting away from. Everyone else is just looking at his size, age, and past stats and assuming things will at worst be okay, but they haven't seen him play. I feel for Washington because they are in for a rough patch.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Seems like there is a lot more missing, but out of these highlights,

PLD is probably ranked highest then Bishop, solely based on cost....Roenick was a FA I believe, Fuhr cost Zhitnik I believe but we got more than him back, I don't remember the cost for Duschene or Ronning.....but there are some other ones that aren't on there for sure.
The Kings got back Boucher with Fuhr so it didn’t turn out too bad in the long run. Then again, they let Boucher walk when he hit free agency a few years later.

Rank the Kings Biggest flop acquisitions of the last 30 years

PLD
Fuhr
Roenick
Duchesne
Bishop
Ronning

I think Brent Sopel / Mark Parrish deserve an honorable mention.

@GoldenBearHockey Jeremy Roenick was traded to the Kings for future considerations.

Demitra was the big UFA after the lockout. He was great too just came at the wrong time. RIP

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

@GoldenBearHockey Jeremy Roenick was traded to the Kings for future considerations.

Demitra was the big UFA after the lockout. He was great too just came at the wrong time. RIP

Ok, yea knew it was minor, thought it was a UFA etc....but the question is, were those future considerations, better for the Kings than PLD ?

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Lets give Blake props for trading our depth and fan favorite Vilardi + Iaffalo , Kupari and 2nd round pick for Kuemper ?

Fk Blake . We are not even a playoff team with our current roster because everyone around us is getting better while we stagnant or get worse .

Lets see what he does with the cap space cause currently we are a bubble team not playoff team.

Kuemper will not be bought out next offseason because that would be idiotic , you save 1.5 million at the most and then have him on the books an additional 2 years . What would you do with 1.5 million ? Kuemper will play out the contract with Portillo eventually backing him or taking over for him and we trade or waive him .

I dont believe we are retaining Arvy from all rumors and indications. I cant wait to see what Blake does , i just hope he adds some depth back to our roster or else mediocrity is going to last much longer than we anticipate

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Anson Carter was absolutely brutal. One assist in 15 games and the Kings lost 11 straight games to close the season and miss the playoffs.

Anson Carter was horrible.
Haha. Was just typing that myself

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Only has a 10-team NTC, so he can be sent down. It won't save us any cap but he doesn't have to take up a roster spot.
I think tere is a cap reduction of a little over 1 million dollars, but any replacement goalie would take up at least most of that savings. A replacement on a league minimum would be a savings of roughly 300k.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think tere is a cap reduction of a little over 1 million dollars, but any replacement goalie would take up at least most of that savings. A replacement on a league minimum would be a savings of roughly 300k.
Yep. This is exactly it. Whether he's in the AHL/NHL, it's going to be about the same cost.

Anson Carter was absolutely brutal. One assist in 15 games and the Kings lost 11 straight games to close the season and miss the playoffs.

Haha. Was just typing that myself

Oh God...I honestly forgot he was on the Kings and I forgot about the losing streak until you just posted that. What a f***ing train wreck that was! Man, the Andy Murray years were quite a roller coaster.

Reactions: BigKing

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Oh God...I honestly forgot he was on the Kings and I forgot about the losing streak until you just posted that. What a f***ing train wreck that was! Man, the Andy Murray years were quite a roller coaster.
I remember going to a season ticket event that year to watch practice at staples with about 10 games left. Robitaille was still on the team and he came out after practice and “guaranteed” they were making the playoffs. Then they missed.

25 years later. Same shit.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
And he's still horrible on TNT
All I can think of is how bad he was here in LA and how f***ing happy he must be to be in the entertainment industry now. Put some f***ing dress shoes on.
It is one of the most impressive feats in the history of this franchise.
Anson carter is the world champion of self absorbtion.
He mailed it in on the kings worse than pld
This is true.
I remember going to a season ticket event that year to watch practice at staples with about 10 games left. Robitaille was still on the team and he came out after practice and “guaranteed” they were making the playoffs. Then they missed.

25 years later. Same shit.
That's a real classic right there. If you saw him a few days after the regular season, he would have told you that they were right there,

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Oh I'm sorry, Kuemper wasn't waived, he was traded for nothing. Actually worse than nothing since Toby Reider effective Athanasiou'ed us out of a series by completely losing his guy on a faceoff.

The net cap space is at best the difference between PLD and Kuemper's salaries

at worst, with projected salaries had players stayed on the kings, it's actually negative.

Frankly, I don't think you can be like "well this trade got us some cap space" anyway when the cap issue was self created, and solved by dumping positive assets. I"m not gonna clap for you changing your clothes after you shit yourself, especially when you immediately shit in the next pair of shorts and repeat.

And hell if it allows us to sign a big name FA we should all be terrified, not pleased.
I wasn’t having a dig about the waiving of Kuemper. I’m a pedantic arse, I know that, I just like factual accuracy which I should probably work on - but won’t as it’s down the list somewhere. However, I agree that it doesn’t substantially change the value of anything.

I agree the cap issues are self inflicted. The net number is purely of interest but doesn’t in anyway affect the general view we all hold in that the cap has been managed badly.

I hope to god we don’t try to make a big FA move as that isn’t what we need. If the tie down QB, Spence and add some physicality somewhere then that’s probably the best we can hope for.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I wasn’t having a dig about the waiving of Kuemper. I’m a pedantic arse, I know that, I just like factual accuracy which I should probably work on - but won’t as it’s down the list somewhere. However, I agree that it doesn’t substantially change the value of anything.

I agree the cap issues are self inflicted. The net number is purely of interest but doesn’t in anyway affect the general view we all hold in that the cap has been managed badly.

I hope to god we don’t try to make a big FA move as that isn’t what we need. If the tie down QB, Spence and add some physicality somewhere then that’s probably the best we can hope for.
1718959581611.jpeg

The results are in… in the case of empty cap space, Kings ARE going to make a big FA move!

1718959715314.gif

Stattos LIVE reaction!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad