Playoffs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 98 66.7%

• Total voters

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
I truly believe they can make it. I wouldn't bet on it either, but I said at the end of the season that if Hugo was able to trade for a good offensive winger to play with Dach, they were to make it. And Hugo did trade for Laine, so I have great hopes.

I really enjoy the rebuild !

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
If Montreal is as bad as you believe, it means the young core hasn't progressed and/or key players are injured again. The bulk of our core is in place and should be showing what they can do – not necessarily playoffs, but more wins and tangible progress. If Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield, Guhle, Dach, Newhook, Laine, and Montembeault still can't drag this team out of the bottom-5, it means our rebuild has failed. Hagens and Demidov aren't going to magically transform this roster into a winner.
Oh, I believe they’re good. I’m super stoked for what the future will bring us. I just selfishly want one last tank year to ensure we’re unstoppable.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3 and Lshap

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
These are some numbers on the NHL regular season goals scored LAST season based on the current rosters, by team. So, they include all the movement this summer:

Atl
Tor 293
TB 276
Fla 240
Bos 236
Det 232
Buf 229
Ott 214+7 (Cousins)
Mtl 208

Met
NYR 277
NYI 256
Pit 253
NJ 242
Car 236
Was 230
Phil 216
Clb 215

Cent
Nas 327
Col 291
Dal 259
Stl 256
Ut 246
Min 240
Win 236
Chi 205

Pac
Edm 297
Van 296
LA 243
Cal 242
Veg 217
Sea 198
Ana 189
SJ 180

So it's like a starting point for the season. Fwiw, I ran the same numbers last year and the top two teams in the west, Edmonton and Dallas met in the conference final. The top two teams in the east though, Buffalo and New Jersey, both had rough seasons. Very interested to see how Nashville does with their new players.

Edit: Will amend the totals for player movements before the opening rosters are released (Nick Cousins added 29 Aug)

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
No playoffs this year. Too many stars need to align.

Expect the Habs to be more aggressive next offseason. I'd bet that 25/26 is when management is targeting the playoffs, whether they admit it publicly or not.

I don't see the habs being aggressive in the offseason. There's nothing to add which we don't already have in the system.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I say they will end up about 6-8 points out of playoff spot. Ultimately it will come down to health. Which this team is always top 5 in. Then whether monty and primeau can handle a full season
Most likely scenario. If they healthy Habs get in. But so many players injury prone. Not good odds but can happen.

Carolina made a lot of changes they could slide. If Boston can't sign Swayman could make things interesting in East. Especially if we start hot.

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
I'm assuming Carolina NYR and Devils in the metropolitan and Panthers, Leafs and Boston in the atlantic will make it. The wild cards will be an interesting battle, I put Tampa bay in and the last spot could be a lot of teams, incl the habs but that has a small chance of happening so I voted no. Next year however, w/demidov and laine plus the improvement of the youngsters all around the lineup will be enough to make it. That 2025-26 season will be special.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
How I think it'll go:

FLA, BOS, TOR and NYR, CAR, NJD are in as top threes

Think TBL should get the first WC

Leaves one spot for a group of 8 "in the mix" teams : MTL, DET, BUF, OTT, NYI, WSH, PIT, PHI

The odds are too low, yes on paper we can definitely be better than all those teams, I just hope for it but can't see it

Reactions: TesseractPrice

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think we will stay relatively healthy, have good season and make playoffs. With Fowler joining the team late making a big impression. Similar to Caufield in 2021. Reinbacher and Mailloux both cement themselves as full time NHL D-men. Crosby signs here next summer as free agent.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pretty sure this team can compete for a playoff spot if the right line comboas are found. I like these. But we'll see on the ice who has the chemistry. Newhook, Roy, imo Dvo, Armia, Gallagher, and Anderson should compete for that spot next to Laine and Dach.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine - Dach - Dvo
Armia - Newhook - Roy
Anderson - Evans - Gallagher
Pez

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Struble/Reinbacher or Mailloux?
Barron

Montembault
Primeau

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
IMG_2141.jpeg

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I doubt we make it in, but I think we'll be just outside. I'm starting to really like what Laine has done to the roster in terms of bumping guys down a line. It's really changed the entire dynamic this season. Playoffs would be nice but my realistic goal is to finish higher than OTT/BUF/DET and make a true step forward in the league standings.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Looking at it objectively I believed we were a bubble team somewhere between the last playoff spot and 10th last. Now I’m being swept up in the excitement and think we might squeak in and Demidov might be there to help us in the playoffs. I’ve probably lost the plot.

• Love
Reactions: overlords

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
So how does this work exactly? Does it means if I put 1$ on it I get 800$? I don't know anything about bets.
It means Vegas thinks the Habs are a bottom 5 team again. It's a good bet they will be bottom 5 again, they should finish last in the Atlantic again. Unless they have a bunch of superstars emerge, that is.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It means Vegas thinks the Habs are a bottom 5 team again. It's a good bet they will be bottom 5 again, they should finish last in the Atlantic again. Unless they have a bunch of superstars emerge, that is.
If the defense is adequate and Dach manages to stay healthy Habs will contend for a playoff spot.

Reactions: Paddyjack

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
As much as I like him as a player, Dach reminds me of Ming China porcelain. Newhook and Dvorak need to have good seasons and be injury free since it's still wafer thin.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Nah.
The team has definitely gotten much better but the Atlantic is way too strong. One more year.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Too hard to tell.

We don't really know what we have as a team, because the Habs have been decimated by injuries these past few years . Which is why I've been advocating in other threads that they should actually have a biomechanicist whose full-time job is to understand these injuries and to look into means of prevention. If the injury epidemic lets up for once this year, and perhaps targets other teams in the East, then maybe.

And also because they are one of the youngest teams, where vital players are hopefully still on the upslope in performance, which adds to the ambiguity.

Last edited:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I’m not prepared to take a stand. I think we should be improved, by how much? Not sure, the d is quite green still. I think in 2-3 years the d might be our strength, but we’re not quite there yet. I think we can get in, but I wouldn’t bet my money on it yet.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If we are healthy all season(miraculous, right?) and Laine scores 25 goals, we should end up with 80-85 points.
I’m sure we’ll have injuries. I just hope they aren’t the insane kind we’ve had over the past few years.

Agree with those who say our D is green. Still don’t think we’ll make it. But I do think we’ll make it interesting and we might surprise. It wouldn’t shock me if we make our way in somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad