Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Well I’d hope you like that considering it’s the only thing he has.
He also has smarts which can get you where he needs to be in order to be an NHL player

Play to his role and work on what he needs to do and he will make this team eventually as cheap depth

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Trying to multitask here but took a fast look at Ottawa board. A few of their posters are critical of their prospects that are playing right now as being big and physical but slow and unskilled. That would explain the scoring disparity in a products game

Reactions: mdj12784

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Trying to multitask here but took a fast look at Ottawa board. A few of their posters are critical of their prospects that are playing right now as being big and physical but slow and unskilled. That would explain the scoring disparity in a products game
Reason why Devils fans are critical with the last drafts. We can see how this "strong" young players cant make any real effect on the ice. On the other hand more smart players can make an impact.
of course Im not against to draft smart physical players but they should smart first. Not just near physical like Stillman without any smarts.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Lots of players at the game. Was a little uncomfortable saying hi to langenbrunner in The bathroom. Think my tenth year in a row

Attachments

• IMG_2715.jpeg
    IMG_2715.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 2

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Casey is intriguing and raw. He needs a year in AHL at least. Or its just a start of the season, anyway I dont see any problems with Kovacevic and DeSimone. Casey is intriguing for the beginning. Many things he is trying he will not repeat in the same way as he is doing now but I believe AHL pressure will help to gain more quickness and take better distance. Question is his playmaking, I saw some moments where players where open but Casey is continuing to play by his own. Learning process still. Great to see player with his pros when our roster is already stucked.

Vilen wasnt flashy, but in some moment I really liked how he made the situation much more dangerous in O zone.

Squires is really good. I dont know why his numbers were as low. At least they were on a normal level I dont see reasons to worry about. He should play on AHL level now. Good on the both sides of the ice, as driver, as playmaker, without the puck against escaping. Really like what I saw today.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Casey is intriguing and raw. He needs a year in AHL at least. Or its just a start of the season, anyway I dont see any problems with Kovacevic and DeSimone. Casey is intriguing for the beginning. Many things he is trying he will not repeat in the same way as he is doing now but I believe AHL pressure will help to gain more quickness and take better distance. Question is his playmaking, I saw some moments where players where open but Casey is continuing to play by his own. Learning process still. Great to see player with his pros when our roster is already stucked.

Vilen wasnt flashy, but in some moment I really liked how he made the situation much more dangerous in O zone.

Squires is really good. I dont know why his numbers were as low. At least they were on a normal level I dont see reasons to worry about. He should play on AHL level now. Good on the both sides of the ice, as driver, as playmaker, without the puck against escaping. Really like what I saw today.
Vilen knows where to move without the puck which I’m sure is much easier in this environment after a season in the AHL

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Vilen knows where to move without the puck which I’m sure is much easier in this environment after a season in the AHL
Yeah. I cant really understand oftenwho is playing on the net in different situations because of quality of the stream. In different situations i have questions for defensemen about their game on the slot but I dont know where I should address it.
But Vilen was playing on the left side and it was easier to recognize him on the ice previous period and he really looks good positionally.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Yeah. I cant really understand oftenwho is playing on the net in different situations because of quality of the stream. In different situations i have questions for defensemen about their game on the slot but I dont know where I should address it.
But Vilen was playing on the left side and it was easier to recognize him on the ice previous period and he really looks good positionally.
I see a potential NHL defender in him but he’s not dynamic. He lacks elite anything even if most of it is very good. Maybe he has elite vision? In any event if he can continue to improve I think he can play NHL minutes.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas

Squires was on a bad junior team.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I see a potential NHL defender in him but he’s not dynamic. He lacks elite anything even if most of it is very good. Maybe he has elite vision? In any event if he can continue to improve I think he can play NHL minutes.
I think thats what we need from bottom-pair defenseman. He is good skater, good puck mover, good positional player, mobile on the short space, good in gap control, average physical player but he can develop this aspect more. So I think its a right direction.

I think it was Parent’s goal on the rebound
I mean he did everything to make it happened.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Are the Devils prospects more experienced overall than the OTT prospects? They just look light years ahead.
Maybe older. Parents been the best player on the ice by a long shot and I think he’s 23. That can play a huge difference. A bunch of ottawas players are just wasted this year

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Squires was on a bad junior team.
Yeah I know, he was one of the best players of his team. he still looks like a player who can produce more. I didnt watch a lot of his games after the draft but where I saw him he was solid too. May be not so dynamic - could be a reason too. But I really like much more than Clarke for example who was more one dimensional player.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Casey just bounced back from a solid hit. And everything is going in for NJ. They are making it look easy both on offense and defense

They’ve dominated this game completely but also yeah this is not really a 9-1 game. Like you said whatever we throw on net has been going in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad