Playoffs Watch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Voracek is still on the bench so that helps a bunch. The Flyers are actually playing good hockey though, something the Wings haven't done consistently for months.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
March 13 update:

fea724753b92704d2e5f7503f48436c3.png

One loss brings them down to 56%.

The game against the flyers is a potential 20% swing. Biggest game of the season.

Where do you get this from?

I don't even think 36% is a realistic % for this team.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Detroit.html

With the loss to Philly, its down to 43%. They are going need help from other teams to get in.
Technically I don't think they need help from other teams yet. They can take back the advantage the next time they play Philly. But that's assuming they can keep pace with them in the other games, which isn't looking likely. The glimmer of hope I see is that Philly plays Pittsburgh 3 more times. I'm almost starting to think we have a better chance of beating out Pittsburgh, because if Philly keeps rolling they could hand the Pens a couple of losses there. And without Malkin the Pens could stumble a bit here at the end.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Well, disappointing.

I still hope we make it. I believe we still can too.

But if we miss, then oh well. At least the streak will be broken and management can move on and other team's fanbase can relish in it, lol.

Worst case scenario we get a slightly better pick. Never a bad thing considering our only blemish prospect wise is that elusive defenseman.

That said, still LGRW and get on a roll here.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Technically I don't think they need help from other teams yet. They can take back the advantage the next time they play Philly. But that's assuming they can keep pace with them in the other games, which isn't looking likely. The glimmer of hope I see is that Philly plays Pittsburgh 3 more times. I'm almost starting to think we have a better chance of beating out Pittsburgh, because if Philly keeps rolling they could hand the Pens a couple of losses there. And without Malkin the Pens could stumble a bit here at the end.

Technically they need help from other teams. It's a fact now

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
There's plenty of games left. One loss won't kill them IF they do their job the rest of the way. The Wings control their destiny. Once it's down to a few games, ya you csn say you need help from others. At this point if they win and play well they shouldn't need any help other than those teams not going on crazy runs.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Philly has been playing so well for a while. Maybe they run out of gas at the end or hit a slide.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004
Where do you get this from?

I don't even think 36% is a realistic % for this team.

You're probably right...

Wings are 7-12 (7-9-3) since All-Star break (after 51 games); at least we got 3 loser points:shakehead

also Flyers just beat the Hawks 3-2 in CHI!! so after a 6-0 by the LA Kings, the Hawks can't beat the Flyers...

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Chicago plays out of there ass against us and lies down and dies vs Philadelphia

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
we are done

Philly is too hot right now. Our only small glimmer of hope is for Philly to go 3-0 against Pit. Nonetheless, we cant even win our own games, so were pretty much screwed.

Philly deserves it, that team is playing with so much heart and determination, something our team really lacks.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I just hope they go all in one way or another. Either bomb is out for the rest of the season and get as high of a draft pick as possible, and possibly signal to management that serious changes need to be made; or get this stuff together and start playing like an actual team. I expected the Vets to slow down, but the younger guys have looked very dissapointing this year. Its gut check time. Dats & Z aren't going to pull this team into the playoffs, Larkin/Nyquist/Jurco/Sheahan/Tatar/AA/Mantha/DD/Smith/Mrazek are going to have to step up.

Blash also needs to wake up and realize his system as is, is not working correctly. Time to make changes, especially on the PP. Why they haven't once tried last years PP system, despite this one bombing horribly, strikes me as very odd. I'm totally ok trying something new, and I am still a Blash supporter, but the young guys should be doing better in his system. I expected the older guys to look a bit flatter this season, but no one looks good offensively. That is a major problem.

edmundbenz

Mar 30, 2014
New Jersey
Better for them not to make the playoffs, than to lose in the first round. Unless they make it a serious business. Mantha could be the last chance, if he doesn't fit, Wings are screwed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad