Playoffs Watch

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Tampa seemed to wake up after the challenge didn't go their way. Were kind of sleep walking with a 1-0 win. Were getting outshot 30-6. Philly is playing well, but Tampa was basically doing absolutely nothing. For a team on a 9 game winning streak they looked like they thought they could show up and win tonight.

Also guess you missed Philly get embarrassed by Edmonton the other night. That was a lifeless performance as well. It does happen.

Florida is in that stretch that we talked about happening to them at some point. They aren't converting at an insane rate right now and life is tough. Guessing they will bounce back but they are not playing good hockey right now. Boston murdered them in transition on early turnovers to build that lead.

Nope, didn't miss that. Every team has off nights. The problem with Detroit is they have far more off nights then on nights right now. We seem to slump every year at this time, and here we go again. Philly has been the far better team in the last 20 games, and with 15 games to go, they have more than enough time to make up a 4 point lead. Our lead can be 2 if Philly pulls this win off.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Boom, there we go. Gostisbehere again, Philly takes the lead.

Edit: 3-1 Flyers.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are only 2 points up on Philly for the final playoff spot.

Last edited:

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
The one game I wanted Tampa to win, and they play ****ing horrible.

Well, Philly playing some amazing hockey right now, if that continues it'll be a nerve-wracking last month.

Bruin-Panthers: no three point game, please :)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We have to make hay this week in terms of the standings. Last week was a tough ask, wish we could have found at least one point against Chicago, but oh well. No excuse not to come out of this week with at least six points.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Watched the first period of BOS-FLA and it was good, lots of chances going around.

Anybody noticed how Kindl has been?

A little more engaged. Closer to lockout Kindl... Still avoiding contact at times instead of making the play. But a little better in terms of that. Big team around him and maybe that helps his mentality.

As I wrote that he just gave up inside position on a faceoff play for a huge chance that would have meant really bad things had the player on Boston not missed a pretty high value chance.

They also seem to have given him the green light to activate at all times. Could be that they have been chasing the game though all night. He does seem to have more freedom there in the other games I have watched. Not sure if that is going to work out too well for them though given what we know.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
We have to make hay this week in terms of the standings. Last week was a tough ask, wish we could have found at least one point against Chicago, but oh well. No excuse not to come out of this week with at least six points.

I predict we go 2-2 this week. Wins against Toronto and the Jets, losses to NYR and Columbus. And this is me being optimistic...

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
BOS OTW and PHI win, basically worst case scenario.

It is a very, very real possibility we miss the playoffs. Shameful display

I think we do miss, by a few points actually. I have us finishing at 92, with Philly climbing to at least 95.

Realistically though, I don't think missing is that much worse than getting embaressed by Washington or Tampa. Now that we are too far back from a 2 or 3 seed in the division, I'm pretty much done caring. Another mediocre season. What is that, 7 mediocre seasons in a row? Maybe ending "the streak" is not such a bad thing, I'm getting annoyed with just playing to keep the streak alive. How about playing to win a playoff round?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Wings will make it.

I'm the voice of optimism in this thread? Dark days indeed.

Haha, trust me, I've noticed this trend. You're quite the ray of sunshine lately.

While I think the Wings will make the playoffs, it hasn't been a pretty look for the team lately.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Wings are getting to the soft part of their schedule. Just in time those games in Chicago hurt.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Don't really know whether I like or hate the fact that the wings being only 6 points away from a top-10 pick in the draft... Now I doubt it happens but it's a possibility, I mean a total collapse would do it though.

Think about the talent in this year's draft! That being said however missing the play-off by like a couple of points and finishing 17th would actually be completely useless. I think they make it, but it will come down to making atleast the 1st wildcard imo since meeting this year's Washington would be a auto loss. I know people like to say that they choke in PO'S but they usually have no problem making it the first round plus this year's team is absolutely disgusting.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Besides Washington the East is wide open, just need to make it in. If the Wings can get a spot besides the 2nd wildcard they have a legitimate shot at winning a series.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I bet we Win one game

Three more this whole month

Blue Jackets twice, Leafs once, Sabres once, Habs twice, Jets once... I think we should be able to squeeze 3 wins against those teams, they can win one or a couple of of the games with NYR/PHI/TB/FLA/PIT.

All hope isn't lost, schedule isn't too bad from here on out, we play Philly twice which is key.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad