GDT: Playoffs Round II - Tampa Bay at Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
Did you see the 10 chances we missed to get the puck in the net ?

We would have won 5-0.

I saw them, yes. They made more more worried than excited though; burying chances like that is the sign of a great team, especially when taking advantage of a fatigued opponent – missing them is something to be worried about (and don't make the mistake of thinking this is the first time we've missed chances like those, it's not).

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
If they do score first you, and everyone else (myself included) will be happy for a few minutes, and then have to sit through the rest of the game played in that ridiculous defensive shell we saw against the Sens in game 6. Tied game or behind, Habs play with passion and urgency; when they're ahead they play not to lose, basically 100% of the time.

For myself, it will be more like this

200.gif

or if the game is the usual bore-fest on ice I will most likely....

200.gif

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
OMG Desharnais is out with the flu. Does this mean we might get to see EGG or at least Eller with Galchenyuk? OMGOGOGOMGGOMGOMGOMGOG

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No Desharnais, Flynn in. I would have love to see Hudon come in.

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
Don't you think it's risky, though? Remember that we won really close games against the Sens and if it wasn't for Hammond, it would have been really different.

All it takes is a non-elite game from Price and suddenly everything is falling apart. They have a hard time to win when Price is in god mode, nevermind winning when Price has a bad game.

Its risky but that's what happens when your a defense first team in any sport. We can lock down leads better than anyone but if we fall behind early it's an uphill battle the way the team is built. Need to keep things tight and trust that our guys can be more opportunistic agains Bishop than they will on Price. If this turns into a track meet were toast.

I would prefer that the team not throw away pucks on Bishop like Friday though. Lots of easy saves keeps him sharp and confident. We need to make sure that our shots count by being higher percentage ( off the rush, with a net presence, etc). Floating Gomez-style wristers from 30 feet looks great on Corsi but it's not a winning strategy, imo.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This would have been a great opportunity to insert Hudon...such a stubborn coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad