GDT: Playoffs Round II - Tampa Bay at Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabobcan

Aug 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Would prefer a decisive win as a statement. Sounds like were down 3-0 with the way people have been talking about us.

Wins a win though

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Woke up this morning remembering we're playing against the Lightning

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Which side makes the more effective adjustments after game 1....

Can the habs D score more than 1 goal...

Can the habs take advantage of the bolts fatigue....

Go habs go

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Well at least DD and PAP are broken up. MT still will not try Eller with Galchenyuk :shakehead

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Montréal Canadiens host the Tampa Bay Lightnings

Playoff series Game 2 / Tampa Bay leads 1-0

18h00 EDT / TV and Radio and Bell Centerre /

2iut7bk.jpg

habs.jpg

1532tle.jpg

2d9xk09.jpg

vxdbes.jpg

9pri37.jpg

Starting goaltenders: Price (Mtl) vs Bishops (TB)

Nice GDT, C'mon Habs let's have some bite today, early start with an early lead would be nice also! Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
I don't know if I can watch this pathetic offense anymore. I have never seen a more talented Montreal squad with less ability to score goals. Even during the dire era of Houle and the dead puck era the Habs managed to score.

Geez, the last few goals scored by the Habs have been absolutely pathetic. Patches (twice - the EN & then that last one), Gally (the desperation punt).

The last goal the Habs scored off the rush was Weise's goal in OT vs Sen and that was a gimme by Anderson. Patches last goal was also technically off the rush but that was even more horrible by Bishop.

Basically, the only way we can score is off a tip or a goalie's stupid error.

2 goals. How is this so much to ask for?

This is embarrassing. :help:

The term talented is subjective. I do not see much more talent and skill on offense this season than in years past. It is pretty much the same since 1998-99, a team that struggles to score. Since then this team has routinely been in the bottom-10 in terms of scoring, which is where were again this past season. The anomalous years were 2008 and 2013. In the former we had the benefit of a lethal PP with Kovalev and in the latter the team started to slide near the end of the shortened season. The difference in the last couple of season has been Price. Without him this team is sunk.

I am not too confident that things will change all that much in this series. The only way forward is to grind out 2-1 victories. The margin for error for Price and the D is almost zero. Mentally, that is hard to continue for a prolonged period of time.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Well odds say whoever win's the first game most times wins the series, we lost game one so this is a must win game. Season on the line tonight.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Predicition: Galchenyuk still accomplishes nothing.

Prediction: The offense still accomplishes nothing.

Yes, Chucky has sucked, Desharnais has sucked, Pacioretty has sucked, Gallagher can't pass, Plekanec has sucked.

Maybe the reason they all suck is because the system sucks.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
MT sucks

lets keep the negativity going maybe it can turns **** around

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Don't want to be a buzzkill.

Maybe, just maybe, if this forum would lose the DD obsession and the 24/7 negativity, the hockey gods and the ghosts of the Montreal Canadiens would look down upon us with a smile and let the bounces and breaks go our way.

We're all Habs fans, players warts and all.

Go Habs Go!!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Prediction: The offense still accomplishes nothing.

Yes, Chucky has sucked, Desharnais has sucked, Pacioretty has sucked, Gallagher can't pass, Plekanec has sucked.

Maybe the reason they all suck is because the system sucks.

For an entire team to look this bad offensively I agree. I've seen players and entire lines struggle offensively from time to time but this entire Habs team looks completely lost when trying to generate offense most nights. Perimeter shot after perimeter shot from the wings with no one ever in front.. Easy saves for NHL goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad