Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
As a Vancouver fan I agree with you...not to say The Wild can’t score on the power play though. Vancouver’s strength lies in its youth with some vets playing with them. When the PK goes out it’s all out defence. 5 on 5 I feel Minnesota has an edge due to experience and patience. Outside amid a few guys (Miller, Beagle, Sutter) there isn’t a lot of big game experience and mistakes will happen. Usually in transition and due to nerves more than lack of skill. If Minnesota wants to beat Van I don’t expect it to be an exciting series...solid play at both ends of the rink, keep the big guns to the outside and capitalize on the chances you do get...something the wild are good at. Gonna be an interesting one to watch on a strategic level. I think coaching could play a big role. What’s the general consensus on your coach? Ours is heavily criticized and questioned by everyone...like every other coach we’ve ever had hahaha

Evason is a rookie in this league, but he looks like he means business. Very active and vocal on the ice in training camp, it's day and night compared to Boudreau.

Speaking of your former coaches, Tortorella comes to my mind. I'll never forget when he totally lost it and tried to fight Calgary's coach. What an embarrassment for the Canucks. Can't believe he's now head coach of the Blue Jackets.

Reactions: Amebushi

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Evason is a rookie in this league, but he looks like he means business. Very active and vocal on the ice in training camp, it's day and night compared to Boudreau.

Speaking of your former coaches, Tortorella comes to my mind. I'll never forget when he totally lost it and tried to fight Calgary's coach. What an embarrassment for the Canucks. Can't believe he's now head coach of the Blue Jackets.
I would welcome that kind of fire here.

Reactions: Amebushi

Amebushi

Jul 14, 2020

To be fair, the Calgary coach iced a line of goons to take a face off against a rookie playing his first NHL game and then proceeded to start a line brawl seconds into the game. I did not like Torts as a coach and am glad he is gone but I would have tried to fight the Calgary coach that night as well. It’s going to be interesting, two coaches with no experience in the playoffs facing off during a never before seen pandemic. Is it Aug 2 yet?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
This is worth a listen.

Ek is cool, but Russo thinks his English has gone worse during the break lol

And maybe you'll get some new and better ideas about Zuccarello, he's going to activate beast mode in the playoffs, and he's even ready to fight if necessary :laugh:

Reactions: CROCODILE SEATS

P10p

May 15, 2012
This is worth a listen.

And maybe you'll get some new and better ideas about Zuccarello, he's going to activate beast mode in the playoffs, and he's even ready to fight if necessary :laugh:

Russo stated on twitter he thinks his English is impeccable. (good)

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Russo stated on twitter he thinks his English is impeccable. (good)

It was on one of his podcasts he talked about Ek's English, that he had some issues. But this makes more sense, I've no problem with his English.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It was on one of his podcasts he talked about Ek's English, that he had some issues. But this makes more sense, I've no problem with his English.
His twitter, he posted that Ek vastly improved on his English during the shutdown.

Found it...

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
This is worth a listen.

I would like to see his beast mode. Want to get that image of him on the *itch seat of that scooter out of my mind.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm assuming this means that there's no chance of Pateryn coming back at any point?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm assuming this means that there's no chance of Pateryn coming back at any point?
His being listed as out indefinitely at the start of camp makes that very likely. I do think though, he was listed on the regular camp roster just with an asterisk as being on IR when Russo released it.

Can anyone find that roster and compare it to the expanded to see if he puts them over the 31 player limit?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Forwards
Jordan Greenway-Eric Staal-Kevin Fiala
Zach Parise-Joel Eriksson Ek-Luke Kunin
Marcus Foligno-Alex Galchenyuk-Mats Zuccarello
Ryan Donato-Mikko Koivu-Ryan Hartman
Victor Rask-Nico Sturm-Gerry Mayhew
Luke Johnson-Kyle Rau
Defensemen
Ryan Suter-Jared Spurgeon
Jonas Brodin-Matt Dumba
Carson Soucy-Brad Hunt
Matt Bartkowski-Louie Belpedio
Brennan Menell
Goaltenders
Alex Stalock
Devan Dubnyk
Kaapo Kahkonen
Mat Robson

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Not surprised by the lineup.

Forwards: Greenway looked good with Staal and Fiala and should be a solid 1st line. Parise-Ek-Kunin all play the grind + 2-way play style for a perfect shutdown 2nd line. Foligno-Galchenyuk-Zuccarello feels like the island of misfit toys, but it makes sense. Foligno brings toughness and solid defense to match the offensive play styles of Galchenyuk and Zuccarello. The 4th line is almost polar opposite, with Donato bringing offensive creativity to the defensive play styles of Koivu and Hartman. For the leftovers: I'm annoyed that Anas isn't given any chance but Rau is? Seriously?

Defense: not shocked with who is still in camp. The Athletic article basically said that Addison isn't strong enough to battle players, like Foligno, in front of the net and that's why they didn't keep him. My impression of Addison, having watched about 1.5 periods of a scrimmage, was that his offense was pretty good. His passing was good. His decision making when it comes to pinching/defensive situations was questionable. I can recall him putting Suter in a bad spot for a 2-on-1 against, which Suter handled really well so it was easy to overlook. With all that being said, I think that Addison would have been a much better choice than Bartkowski. I don't know how one can justify keeping Kaprizov, especially with him having visa issues, and not use the same logic to keep Addison.

Goalies: If Kahkonen doesn't start we are hard throwing for a shot at Lafreniere.

Reactions: a79krgm

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
The Wild didn't practice today while their opponents did …
I'm thinking WTF. But I see this (below). Maybe a good move by Evason to keep the boys off the ice.

I think it’s designed for the Wild not to practice today. I think it’s because I think the Wild want to save their legs for the actual games.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

There's just something about seeing Fiala go bar down on Markstrom more than once. This video also really showcases how awful Dubnyk was/is.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad