Players Who Are "Boring" But Very Good/Effective?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
Esa Lindell

And its just what I like with defender. He is so calm and plays always safe.

David Perron, Beck Malenstyn, Cal Clutterbuck

From days of yore--Stefan Persson

what? he is one of most entertaining players I have seen hitting all the time people, at least he was in Minnesota

Last edited:

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Never once in all my time watching Nick did I think boring! Regarding interviews, virtually all players are boring here and give cliche answers and that has nothing to do with the thread.

Be that as it may, he still manages to stand out as particularly boring.

His hobby is accounting.

His favorite band are the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Obviously retired already but the first player that came to mind is Paul Stastny

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yes, but I don't know shift by shift I never felt he was as exciting a lot of worse players.
That's probably fair, a lot of times he would simply end up making the smart, simple pass back to the point instead of trying to hold onto the puck and forcing something.

To me, that was always part of his genius. He knew his greatest gift was ability to find soft spots around the net and convert on loose pucks there. So he was better off at getting rid of the puck quickly and then positioning himself for a rebound or deflection.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Marner and Nylander in the regular season get a lot of points, but have been dreadfully boring to watch.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, I don't know how you can find him or Marner "boring" unless you really like physical hockey.

Matthews wouldn't shock me as an answer, though I don't find him boring personally.
I find shinny hockey boring. Berube will hopefully get them playing a more exciting brand, similar to games 5 through 7 of the playoffs

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
This is definitely Sean Monahan. Even in the shootout, his big move was shooting far side

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Calle Jarnkrok should be the poster boy for this thread. You won't notice him at all but he'll somehow pot 20 goals and play good defence.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nik Lidstrom was the Tim Duncan of NHL superstars.

Rock solid fundamentals.

Perfect positioning.

Clean on and off the ice

Interviews full of all the cliches.

“Boring”.

Nicklas Lidstrom and Martin Brodeur have me convinced that true greatness in hockey can often look extremely monotonous. You know you're in the midst of greatness sometimes because it's just so omnipresent and devoid of drama: 20 plus years of out of the box-prime, gentle to barely noticeable decline and trophy after trophy, transcending generations, championships here, there and again when you least expect it, no what ifs, no what could have beens. It's just such an efficient, complete way to go through a career.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
I haven’t watched him as much but Tanev was one of those guys. Nothing spectacular but he would constantly be in good position and constantly be breaking down rushes. Underrated player in his prime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad