Players Who Are "Boring" But Very Good/Effective?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nik Lidstrom was the Tim Duncan of NHL superstars.

Rock solid fundamentals.

Perfect positioning.

Clean on and off the ice

Interviews full of all the cliches.

“Boring”.

Never once in all my time watching Nick did I think boring! Regarding interviews, virtually all players are boring here and give cliche answers and that has nothing to do with the thread.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Pre-injury Couturier. Few Centers shutdown other top centers while driving play into the offensive zone as well as 2017-2021 Couturier.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
On the Avs, Devon Toews is pretty boring but that's why he's so effective. Sound positionally, no big hits but is sound with taking the body and rubbing guys out of the play, meh shot but can sometimes get it through for the tip. He's just a solid player.

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
tavares fun to watch, fascinating to see how much he can get done on craftiness, hockey sense, hands, play making, strength, shooting n no speed

IDK about fun to watch. Compared to Nylander and Matthews and Marner he is pretty boring. Kind of blends into the game and then randomly seems to find himself in open ice with the puck and usually does something with that. Not sure how he does it.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Dave Andreychuk was always a very good NHL player, but I never found him overly flashy. Very average skater that scored a bunch of goals in the league, but always found the bland way of doing it.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Darnell Nurse. The entire world saw just how effective he was last playoffs espeically in the cup final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad