GWT: PL Matchweek 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
In terms of raw numbers, maybe. Lautaro is much more of a clinical finisher and has more of a poacher's mentality. He's more Cavani than Martial in that regard, if that makes sense. Martial blows too many chances to truly be world class, which is a shame because his elusiveness and speed are world class qualities.
I mean but Lautaro has had issues with his finishing ability since he's moved to Europe? I just don't think Martinez does anything that would make him an upgrade over Martial, especially considering Martials hold up play is getting so much better.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Massive win.

If United can finish top 4 and make some good business with a RW, striker, and CB coming in, with Pogba, Martial, and the back line dead weight (Jones, Rojo, Bailly) out, they're in really good shape now and moving forward.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Sp*rs - Chelski will be interesting. Chelsea have a much better team on paper, but Spurs will have chances in transition because of Chelseas midfield lacking balance and Lampard not having a compact system in defensive transtition centrally. He lost the FA cup final cos his CMs empty the midfield.

Let's see if Lampard has decided to adapt to the 4231 for a big game against a team capable of exposing their transitional issues in the 433. 4231 offers better central compactness in defensive transition that his 433 lacks. If not, Spurs will have joy in transition.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He's more consistent and younger which is saying something. It's a big year for Lautaro he has to show he can be relied upon week in and out. So far he's doing a solid job. Gets a lot of hate though.
He's 1 year younger. And hasn't had a season as productive as Martials last season was. They're both good but neither one is a clear upgrade on one another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad