GWT: PL Matchweek 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Fernandes would be more effective on the wing in a similar to a role to the one Eriksen played at Spurs in games like these, there is no space in between the lines. They should play Van De Beek as a Raumdeuter in a Muller role in a 4231 with Fernandes on the right.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Fernandes would be more effective on the wing in a similar to a role to the one Eriksen played at Spurs in games like these, there is no space in between the lines. They should play Van De Beek as a Raumdeuter in a Muller role in a 4231 with Fernandes on the right.

No, he's the only one who's capable of putting throughballs in to the box.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Nah, he tripped on a standing leg in a crowded area.

Also it looked like the contact with the standing leg was outside the area. So it was doubly no penalty.

I think Moss made two good non-calls when Rashford went down in the box/near it. Neither were dives, just the case of a busy area and reaching players. He got clipped on both, but neither were fouls.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He’s also been basically the most productive player in the league since he joined United playing the role he’s playing now. Moving him is not the solution.

He is amazing centrally, but there is no space for him there against Southampton. He would be able to use his main strenghts better on the wing in a more isolated role, and using Van De Beek centrally is ideal. He is a world class Raumdeuter and would create so much space for the others.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Had the chances for it to be 2-2. Perfect delivery from a corner and a perfect free kick. Although Maguire jumped late in the wall and it went over his head.

Get Cavani on.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Looks like Henderson for De Gea at half and maybe Cavani coming on.

Not sure who Cavani is gonna replace. To chance the game you’d think it’d be one of Matic or Fred and move back to a 4-3-3 formation with VdB given more license to get forward and chase the game.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I love how Utd got close to 200m in CAMs.

No need to worry yet. Scoring 5 against Southampton is easy.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They’ve got Bruno and VdB (if you want to call him a CAM), who else are you counting?

Pogba. If not a CAM someone that needs cover behind him to play his best football.

Could see VdB and Fernandes playing in a 4-3-3 though. Pogba for that matter as well, but clearly not the plan.

In my opinion Utd work best with Fred and McTomminay behind Fernandes. Obviously having wingers would help in such a formation. Or a RB who would be at least average going forward.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Pogba. If not a CAM someone that needs cover behind him to play his best football.

Could see VdB and Fernandes playing in a 4-3-3 though. Pogba for that matter as well, but clearly not the plan.

In my opinion Utd work best with Fred and McTomminay behind Fernandes. Obviously having wingers would help in such a formation. Or a RB who would be at least average going forward.

Pogba really hasn’t played CAM for years aside from spot roles, and especially not since Bruno has got here. His best role is a deeper lying play maker with license to move forward.

I agree with the Fred/McTom behind Fernandes midfield, but that’s not an option today.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Fernandes is a superb player but it's unacceptable to give the ball away as often as he does. His technical level is obviously superb but he gives it away far more often than any player who's comparable to him. Not good for the sustainment of attacks, even though a player like him has to take risks of course.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Rashford looked way offside there. Rough that he didn’t finish it or even square it for the Cavani tap in.

Whole team just seems off in the final third.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Pogba really hasn’t played CAM for years aside from spot roles, and especially not since Bruno has got here. His best role is a deeper lying play maker with license to move forward.

I agree with the Fred/McTom behind Fernandes midfield, but that’s not an option today.

And he has been quite average for years as well.

I think Pogba could work in that 8/10 hybrid role funnily enough Mourinho often plays with. Which is exactly the same position I think VdB is at his best. Maybe even Fernandes as well. Even if Bruno is clearly very very good as a more traditional no. 10 also.

50m bid for Alli in January would be good. A bit like Spurs used to collect LBs some years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad